Post a picture of your Engagement Ring! (or Wedding band)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mondo jealous! We're getting there... he's starting his career and I'm not too far behind, but still. I am getting absolutely sick of saying boyfriend when it's so far beyond that.

Here's my favorite ring ever. I saved a picture of it in the public folder that our computers share hahaha. I wonder if he's ever seen it

I do not have a picture of the fiance's ring but it is vintage in style. To propose we went to the Caribbean and at dinner the first night I said, "vuoi percorrere il sentiero della vita insieme a me. Sposami amore mio?" She doesn't speak Italian and neither do I but she loves everything Italian so I proposed in Italian and then presented her with the ring.

I have been thinking about tattooing mine.

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo but whenever I think of a good place, I just think about things that I could wear were it'd show and it'd be embarrassing for me. Maybe I just need to stop caring about other people. >_>

Also, I'd eventually come to hate it as I am one of those people that constantly fiddle with doodles. I will find something about it that I wish was different. Before I knew it, I'd have a full sleeve of add on's for the one rose tattoo I got and then all heck breaks loose.

I do not have a picture of the fiance's ring but it is vintage in style. To propose we went to the Caribbean and at dinner the first night I said, "vuoi percorrere il sentiero della vita insieme a me. Sposami amore mio?" She doesn't speak Italian and neither do I but she loves everything Italian so I proposed in Italian and then presented her with the ring.

Aw, how sweet and romantic.

I hope to one day have a cute proposal story!

I don't have a pic of my actual ring on this computer, but here is one that is similar:

image removed

I'm not a huge jewelry person, so I really liked this simple ring. Longpants picked it out all on his own. He done good!

When we got married in 2008, we just got simple plain gold bands for wedding bands. I love how simple and elegant they look.

How did he propose? I had gotten home one night, he was in the kitchen futzing around and my text went off on my cell phone. It was a text from Hubby to be, "Turn around baby". When I turned around, he was down on one knee with the ring behind me. He was shaking like a leaf, I might add. hehe Too cute! Obviously I said yes!

That is almost exactly like the one I lost

Seriously, since this thread made it's debut, I have seriously been thinking about marriage and such.....not babies, just marriage. I don't know why, it shouldn't matter. I just really want to call him my husband, not just my bf.

Do you really want to go there? ever divorced I am not sure I would want to marry again.

I had a friend I worked with and her husband had passed away when her kids were just small. She raised them on her own and when her kids were teens she met this man. He wanted to marry and she did not. Her kids were almost grown and he had a 10 year old daughter. She told him there was no way in HELL she was marry him, but they could go out, if he took HER out and wined and dined her and they lived apart. Apparently the mook fell for it cause they are still going out some 15 years later.......LOL. Even when she told him to go away she was not going out and I had seen her do it to him on the phone at work and sneer in glee when she was done, the silly puppy still ran back for more of her..... I really had to laugh and ask her if she gave lessons.

image removedlink removed

He took me to the spot where we first said "I love you" and popped the question. What a sweetheart!

Engaged at 22.. 'cool' !

Sapphire, I read.

And wondering how to make such beautiful color effects.

I like whole the album. It does well to see such an happy couple.

But...something looking like these would be stylistically and colorwise along the lines of my taste.

(fyi, a garnet)

image removed

If I ever get engaged (not likely ever to happen) I'd love a garnet ring instead of a diamond. It's my birthstone, but just think it's prettier than diamonds. However, I'm certainly going to expect an engagement from a guy before I'll sleep with him so I'll see how that works out.

Archived