Post a picture of your Engagement Ring! (or Wedding band)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really thought about the type of ring I would like until I went through all the responses on this thread. For the longest time I felt like I'd curse myself if I already have an idea of what kind of ring I'd want ... even now, I've been with my bf for almost a year (just shy of it by three weeks!) and I'm still a little uneasy thinking about because I think I'll jinx it! But after viewing everyone's response, I looked into the setting available and I'd love a three stone setting. A nice shiny centre one about 0.7ct and two small ones to balance it out set in white gold. Hopefully this doesn't jinx me =P

image removed

link removed

Mine was designed by my fiance & a jeweller, but about 2 months after we were engaged Shimansky came out with an extremely similar design. There were ads for the ring everywhere & it was funny/weird to see my engagement ring on the back of a magazine or on a billboard. It did make it easier to describe what my ring looked like to those who hadn't seen it though-hahaha.

The diamond itself was bought from a friend of his that works in the diamond industry & who's company owns a mine. We're planning to visit his friend next month & hopefully we'll be able to visit the mines & see where my diamond was found-how awesome will that be?!

link removed

Mine was designed by my fiance & a jeweller, but about 2 months after we were engaged Shimansky came out with an extremely similar design. There were ads for the ring everywhere & it was funny/weird to see my engagement ring on the back of a magazine or on a billboard. It did make it easier to describe what my ring looked like to those who hadn't seen it though-hahaha.

The diamond itself was bought from a friend of his that works in the diamond industry & who's company owns a mine. We're planning to visit his friend next month & hopefully we'll be able to visit the mines & see where my diamond was found-how awesome will that be?!

Wow, what an unusual ring. How does the diamond stay put? Seems like it could fall out easily, or am I missing something?

Visiting the mines sounds really cool! It's great that your ring has such a personal story to it.

My daughter couldn't keep a secret to save her life. She tells me the other day,

"mom, can I tell you something"? You can tell me anything...

"____ wants me to find that ring you have a picture of"

Why on earth did she have to tell me that? LOL I hope she's not pulling my leg.

My daughter couldn't keep a secret to save her life. She tells me the other day,

"mom, can I tell you something"? You can tell me anything...

"____ wants me to find that ring you have a picture of"

Why on earth did she have to tell me that? LOL I hope she's not pulling my leg.

OMG, that would be so exciting. Be sure to keep us updated!!

oh, that was nasty of her.

but yayyy, you're getting engaged!!

Well hopefully, one day...

Lmao@ nasty of her..

OMG, that would be so exciting. Be sure to keep us updated!!

Well if it happens, of course I will.

Just in case the bf needed more ideas, I may have sent a few extra pics to my daughter via email.... LOL

Not sure if you were talking to me, but the center stone is .70 ct. I have really small hands and only a size 4.5 finger, so I didn't want anything too big.

oh wow, yea it looks a lot bigger, like 1.3 or so! size 4.5 finger???! what's that like! mine's a 6 and I thought THAT was small.

whyyy?? come on post it! i'm sure it's beautiful

It is beautiful, but it's also what most would say too extravagant and expensive, but whatever I love jewelery. My ex knew about this ring, he also started saving for it. Oh well now he has money to spend on himself. I think it was very extremely kind of him to have wanted to buy my dream engagement ring. I was not fussed on the carat weight, he was going to purchase 1ct and upgrade later.

link removed

image removed

It's timeless, beautiful and something I can pass on to my children. Still my dream ring.

It is beautiful, but it's also what most would say too extravagant and expensive, but whatever I love jewelery. My ex knew about this ring, he also started saving for it. Oh well now he has money to spend on himself. I think it was very extremely kind of him to have wanted to buy my dream engagement ring. I was not fussed on the carat weight, he was going to purchase 1ct and upgrade later.

link removed

i knew it was from tiffany, b/c i also got kind of bashed when i posted mine.

i love it though. it looks like from the 1800s.

also... i want to say this outloud. my boyfriend today said to me "so you are positive you like that tiffany ring right? the 1.5?"

*giggles*

i knew it was from tiffany, b/c i also got kind of bashed when i posted mine.

i love it though. it looks like from the 1800s.

also... i want to say this outloud. my boyfriend today said to me "so you are positive you like that tiffany ring right? the 1.5?"

*giggles*

haha

We used to talk a lot about engagement, rings, marriage, kids. I was honest, no point saying "I don't mind as long as you love me", it would have been a complete lie had I said that.

I'm sure some girls don't care what kind of ring they get, I know some don't even like jewelery, but I do!

I'm not a person who wears rings on every finger, nor am I one of those women who like heaps of jewelery on me at the same time. I like one or two pieces that are amazing, rather than 6 items I wont like.

haha

We used to talk a lot about engagement, rings, marriage, kids. I was honest, no point saying "I don't mind as long as you love me", it would have been a complete lie had I said that.

I'm sure some girls don't care what kind of ring they get, I know some don't even like jewelery, but I do!

I'm not a person who wears rings on every finger, nor am I one of those women who like heaps of jewelery on me at the same time. I like one or two pieces that are amazing, rather than 6 items I wont like.

ahh girl. me too

but hey.. i love my stuff

ahh girl. me too

It is better that your boyfriend knows what you like rather than buy you something you will just be okay with. It's so much more romantic when the girl is jumping for joy engaged, in love, and ring of her dreams.

ahh girl. me too

I was really picky with my ring... I'm not that into jewelry, so it takes a lot for me to be IN LOVE with a piece like I wanted to be in love with my engagement ring... I mean, I'll be wearing it for my whole life, right?

We looked for months before we found something that included sapphire while still looking like an engagement ring while not looking corny while fitting into our price range while being made with high quality stones...

I didn't want something expensive, necessarily... I just wanted something high quality that would last and that I would find gorgeous.

Archived