Post a picture of your Engagement Ring! (or Wedding band)

17,000 dollars?! lol.

It is really beautiful but unless I was extremely well off, I couldn't have that kind of rock on my finger.

I honestly would be so afraid of losing a ring that valuable I'd either have to sodder it right to my finger bone or keep it locked in a SD box some where!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will never understand the point of buying something like a 15,000 dollar ring. I understand the wedding is an important process and I would have no problem spoiling my lady, but that is way overboard. I would rather go small with the wedding and use our money for the life that follows the wedding..which is a lot more important.

Carry on.

I will never understand the point of buying something like a 15,000 dollar ring. I understand the wedding is an important process and I would have no problem spoiling my lady, but that is way overboard. I would rather go small with the wedding and use our money for the life that follows the wedding..which is a lot more important.

Carry on.

I agree, however .... I laugh when I see men pay 50,000 dollars for a car and then call a 17,000 dollar engagement ring ridiculous. Buying a brand-new car is THE biggest waste of money on the planet, literally. About as close to throwing money straight into the trash. At least diamonds last forever We all have our material sins, right?

I had a phase where I was very into engagement rings and would daydream about those sparklers, but these days I could not care less. Just give me a man and I'll buy HIM a ring!

I don't have a pic of my actual ring on this computer, but here is one that is similar:

image removed

I'm not a huge jewelry person, so I really liked this simple ring. Longpants picked it out all on his own. He done good!

When we got married in 2008, we just got simple plain gold bands for wedding bands. I love how simple and elegant they look.

How did he propose? I had gotten home one night, he was in the kitchen futzing around and my text went off on my cell phone. It was a text from Hubby to be, "Turn around baby". When I turned around, he was down on one knee with the ring behind me. He was shaking like a leaf, I might add. hehe Too cute! Obviously I said yes!

I don't have a pic of my actual ring on this computer, but here is one that is similar:

image removed

I'm not a huge jewelry person, so I really liked this simple ring. Longpants picked it out all on his own. He done good!

When we got married in 2008, we just got simple plain gold bands for wedding bands. I love how simple and elegant they look.

How did he propose? I had gotten home one night, he was in the kitchen futzing around and my text went off on my cell phone. It was a text from Hubby to be, "Turn around baby". When I turned around, he was down on one knee with the ring behind me. He was shaking like a leaf, I might add. hehe Too cute! Obviously I said yes!

I actually teared up. That is so sweet.

Something simple, like this:

image removed

This is pretty much exactly what I'm after, with maybe a slimmer band...

I can't wait for him to propose. Unfortunately, I also have expectations because he proposed to his ex-girlfriend after a year together, and we've been together 8 months now... but to be fair, he was made redundant and had to use his savings to survive, so even if I get a proposal I doubt I'll be getting a ring anytime soon! But I feel very positive about it because with every other boyfriend I've always thought 'no ring, no proposal please' whereas with him, I just want to be with him, ring or no ring.

I love this one: link removed

the bf knows

The Tiffany rings are nice for status, but if you want a truly beautiful ring find a quality Hearts and Arrows cut. The Fire is second to none. You'll get a better ring for less money. Hearts on Fire is a brand that specializes on this type, look into it. After you understand the cut, you won't want to settle for a Tiffany. Your bf will save money and you'll have a nicer ring.

I plan to buy a loose stone and have a Platinum band custom designed to compliment the stone. I can get a beautiful ring that would sell for $30k in a store for around $10k. You just have to do your homework and be careful.

This is the one! I went with a friend to go ring shopping to get an idea. When I tried on this ring, I cried!

link removed

The boyfriend already knows and he put down a deposit. He is paying it off and well whenever he decides to pop the question. I am more than ready. lol

I don't have a pic of mine at the moment, it's at home and I'm at work, but we just got engaged on Feb 13th and my fiance bought me a beautiful round cut 1.1 carat Canadian Polar diamond. All 4 C's and a gorgeous 18k white gold band. I'm the happiest I have been EVER.. he is the most amazing perfect man I have ever met in my life!

image removed

That's my engagement ring - nothing flashy but I love it, especially because he chose it himself/surprise. I have my wedding band, but I didn't take a photo of it yet. I don't want to show it before we are married.

The ring is more shiny than here but it was either having a blind flash of diamonds or actually seeing the ring.. so i went for the last one.

Archived