Post a picture of your Engagement Ring! (or Wedding band)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gorgeous!!

and aww, i didn't know you were pregnant! how far along?

Thanks. It's actually not my style or choice but since my husband picked it out on his own and was so pleased with himself for doing it, I love it because of this. I'm more the solitaire kind of person with something smaller.

I'm a little over 32 weeks pregnant or working into my eighth month. We kenna wait until due date!!

Here's my ring. I love it especially because he picked it out by himself.

We got our first initials tattooed on our ring fingers as our wedding bands, instead of rings.

image removed

image removed

really pretty i toyed with the idea of getting tatts of our name on our ring finger but everyone kinda thinks of it as a jinx, made me rethink my decision.

I want something similar to this:

image removed

I have always secretly wanted one of those rings since I was a little girl... *hint hint CS*

image removedlink removed

He took me to the spot where we first said "I love you" and popped the question. What a sweetheart!

Aww, that ring is so gorgeous Firiel! It's so simple but elegant, fits your hands perfectly!

link removed

My guy made a scavenger hunt. He wrote these romantic riddles about all the stuff we did on our first date. they led to different places where i would find a new riddle each time at the end there was a full sheet of paper that said something really sweet and it said turn around and i will be down on one knee. I did, and he was. It was really cute.

Wow, what an unusual ring. How does the diamond stay put? Seems like it could fall out easily, or am I missing something?

Visiting the mines sounds really cool! It's great that your ring has such a personal story to it.

It's held in place with love Actually, there's a band around the inside of the band, but only goes around the diamond and there's a hole in the bottom so the light goes through. You can almost see the prongs in the 2nd pic, but only if you look really close.

My fiancé picked this out with absolutely no input from me-I had no idea it was coming! It suits my taste though as it's very simple and I love that it doesn't stick up much (I always get sweaters and long sleeved shirts hung up on those types of rings). I can't wait to see the mines; it will definitely be a unique engagement picture (we'll both be dressed up in mining helments and standing next to a hole-how romantic!).

To the girls who worry about what others think of their expensive rings: a friend of mine has a MASSIVE 6+ carat blue diamond for her engagement ring (needless to say her fiancé is loaded). The thing is so big, it looks like it can't possibly be real; to me, it looks like one of those candy rings. So yeah-it's all relative. I'm not much of a jewelry person myself and I don't agree with spending tons of money on a ring, but I'm not going to give anyone too much grief until they can top that!

To the girls who worry about what others think of their expensive rings: a friend of mine has a MASSIVE 6+ carat blue diamond for her engagement ring (needless to say her fiancé is loaded). The thing is so big, it looks like it can't possibly be real; to me, it looks like one of those candy rings. So yeah-it's all relative. I'm not much of a jewelry person myself and I don't agree with spending tons of money on a ring, but I'm not going to give anyone too much grief until they can top that!

The ring I want is a solitaire 1.5 from Tiffany. It's not massive at all. It's just expensive. And people get nasty and say things like "How can you spend so much money on a ring?". The same goes with weddings. A big wedding can get super expensive, specially considering where you live. And then I always hear people saying "oh, yea, they are spending 30,000 on their wedding... i give them six months".

If you have the money, then what's the big deal?

I agree that if you have the money, why not, but the thing is that an engagement ring is a gift from one person to another, so I think that's where that particular distaste comes from ... that you're asking someone else to spend X dollars on you, not that you're spending them on yourself.

I don't think the wedding thing is fair either - but there are a number of people who get so excited about the wedding they forget about the marriage, so that's where that backlash is coming from. The thing is, weddings now are just EXPENSIVE if you want to have anything that approaches traditional: I have friends who wanted a small-ish not too flashy wedding, and it was lovely, but I just couldn't believe how much it had cost. People who haven't planned a wedding recently don't understand how much it costs, even if you're not being outrageous.

I think it's none of anyone's business except you and your fiance what you spend on your engagement ring, but personally I do think it's better to not have any expectations about size/quality/whatever of a ring. I just figure, if I get too caught up in what I want my "dream ring" to look like, then I might risk being disappointed when my boyfriend (hypothetically, ha ha, no bf to speak of right now) proposes, and I would hate to feel even a teeny twinge of disappointment during what should be such an amazing moment.

Plus, the crazy thing is - there are a zillion different rings on this thread of all shapes, sizes, and cost, and somehow, they all look amazing on the fingers of these brides and brides to be. Truly, every ring in this thread has been looked stunning to me! There's something about the promise that the ring symbolizes that makes them super beautiful.

Oh so cheesy. Bella, this wasn't particularly directed at you, just some weird musings of mine. I love Tiffany too!

Absinthe and Fuzzy Kitten, you both have absolutely stunning rings!

Thank you!!!

really pretty i toyed with the idea of getting tatts of our name on our ring finger but everyone kinda thinks of it as a jinx, made me rethink my decision.

Thanks! Well, my husband has a lot of tatts, and with his job it wouldn't be practical for him to wear a ring. So we thought the tattoos were perfect for us. Hopefully it won't be a jinx lol, but I am very happy with them.

The ring I want is a solitaire 1.5 from Tiffany. It's not massive at all. It's just expensive. And people get nasty and say things like "How can you spend so much money on a ring?". The same goes with weddings. A big wedding can get super expensive, specially considering where you live. And then I always hear people saying "oh, yea, they are spending 30,000 on their wedding... i give them six months".

If you have the money, then what's the big deal?

I think the main problem is weddings have become such a commercialized industry and people get caught up in the spending race. If the ring works for you and reminds you of your love, then forget those people. Plus 1.5 isn't really outrageous-like you said, it's the Tiffany's name that's driving up the price, but you definitely get what you pay for.

With my friend and her 6 ct ring, I in now way meant anything towards you, I was just giving an example of something really pricey (I've never asked what it cost, but I'm guessing it was a little over $17,000 ) -I still think spending more than the price of a new car or a house on a ring seems kinda tacky, but it's not as tacky as asking someone how much they spent on their ring and then berating them for it.

As a sidenote, my friend's been married for 6 yrs now and they have 3 wonderful children, so tell that to people who believe the theory that the cost of the wedding is inverse to the success of the couple.

i think anything bigger than 2.2ct is too much. at least for my hands i guess. i don't know.

Your wedding is one of the most special days of your life. If you love a simple wedding, I say go for it. If you love a big wedding, I say go for it. Whatever makes you happy. Afterall, it's YOUR wedding. right?

I'm picky too, bella & petite, don't worry about it..lol!

I just directed Trey in the right direction..platinum, princess cut diamonds, 3 diamond lay out..whatever 'extras', the cts, clarity, etc..are all up to him..I just wanted something a long those lines..i'll be wearing it the rest of my life, might as well be something I like...I don't wear much jewelry anyways.

I'm picky too, bella & petite, don't worry about it..lol!

I just directed Trey in the right direction..platinum, princess cut diamonds, 3 diamond lay out..whatever 'extras', the cts, clarity, etc..are all up to him..I just wanted something a long those lines..i'll be wearing it the rest of my life, might as well be something I like...I don't wear much jewelry anyways.

wait, are you guys engaged??

Archived