• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AND hes apparently coming over tomorrow. I've emailed him telling him and explaining I know hes lied and not to bother.

Great!

Now watch him get defensive and suddenly have an elaborate story to explain all this rubbish.

Be prepared for him to tell you that you're insecure or overreacting. He's going to try and undermine you - you know you're right here, don't let him convince you otherwise.

Wow I just read this whole post and this guy is a complete douche bag! I wouldn't talk to him anymore let alone let him come over to see me. I would tell him to go take a long walk off a short pier. What an a- hole. Ugh It makes me mad just reading it. You deserve so much better because you are a really good person Blue.

I know game playing is really frowned upon here, but its time you set some boundaries. You need to stop appearing so desperate for his attention. He is relaxed because your total focus is on him. Scale back on your visible emotion, make him wonder. For men, a subtle lack of interest or the slight feeling of slipping down a peg or two on the priority notch is WAY more disruptive than the most desperate demands or pleas. If you show SOO much emotion what it says to us is she won't leave me, her feelings are this strong. The threats don't serve for anything other than an instruction manual for what it is you need to hear. He will gladly tell you what you need to hear. That behavior will continue until he is forced to acknowledge that his emotional investment in you, is slipping from his grasps. Words won't do it and drastic ultimatums will also fail, because your prior actions have already told him that they don't hold water.

Change his focus. Throw him off of his game... If you choose to continue with him, you need to get him off of the deffensive. Then when he does something you don't approve of, instead of getting angry and upset, make yourself a little less available. If you do this enough one of two things will happen, you will either 1) retrain his ass to to appreciate and value your time together and treat you with the respect that only you can demand for yourself, or 2) you yourself will become less addicted to him and his drama and realize you desrve better. Either way you win, by setting non verbal boundaries. For it to be effective you can't tell him what your doing, it has to be in the form of a calm, "oooh I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to miss seing you tomorrow, I am going to meet up with Sue tomorrow, but I'll call you later." Then wait a day or two to call him. He will begin to realize you are NOT at his beckon call. Guys with egos get thrown off by that. They can't help but feel like "hey wait a minute". It may take some time and most importantly calmness, you have got to send the message that he is 1 part of your life, not the definition.

I get what your saying

But were long distance and i only see him weekends...so its kinda difficult to be even LESS available.

No it is easier. You can completely disappear from someone's life in an LDR and they'd have know idea what you were up to unless they actually went to go see you.

I get what your saying

But were long distance and i only see him weekends...so its kinda difficult to be even LESS available.

This here makes it even worse. You guys are long distance and he makes it even harder by disappearing...how much space does he need from you if you guys are already long distance. He takes you for granted because he knows you will take him back if he talks sweet to you and says sorry. Let go, you can do it, you are strong.

Get mad, not weak. He wants you to be weak cause he will get away with it AGAIN. Give him the boooooot..

I agree 100%... right now there is some girl on ena (on the other side of this drama) saying "I don't know what it is, everytime I'm with my bf he turns his phone off or leaves it at home...."

Most likely he wants both of you, and is playing this juggling game to look as if each of you is the only one.

One of the prime indicators that someone is cheating is when they engage in this kind of odd phone behavior, and structure their time with you, with certain times being strictly off limits for you, with disappearing acts.

This guy is just not ready/'interested in a loving committed relationship, i am sorry. And he doesn't care if he puts you into a considerable amount of distress to get his own way. Do you want to be with someone that selfish? It doesn't matter if he has other qualities you like, if he is going to treat you like this, then he isn't worth it and is immensely selfish AND insensitive.

I think you are grieving over the potential loss of who you THINK he is, not who he really is. Try to see his behavior at face value, and it is pretty rotten and not loving or brilliant at all.

He just isn't ready for a committed relationship, and if you want one, you need to find someone who is.

Archived