THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

I broke NC...

Joined a group chat with our other friends, so we didn't discuss anything to do with our relationship. In fact, I act as though we never dated in the first place. He has probably moved on at this point. All our friends think we are fine, but as far as I know, only he is fine, but I am not. I am just hiding it from them.

I am really disappointed with myself. I just thought I could prove to him that I'm a much happier person now, but that is really just a facade (even I know that). Part of me wants him to regret breaking up with me. I know, how pointless is that?

I am not 100% fine with myself... heck, not even 60% happy with who I am. Guess I also lied to myself thinking that I am a completely improved person when I'm not.... I need to put in so much more effort into myself if I want to become truly happy with this break up and myself.

I will be starting again tomorrow.

Day 10-13: so the last couple of days I've been feeling better. This morning when I woke up I went on Snapchat, looked through all the stories so that they go away and in one of the stories, my somewhat homie because we don't really talk but he's cool was the persons story I saw my ex in.It was around 4 am and she was in the backseat drinking with some other friends. At first I watched it over and over again to see if it was really her, it was. The first few times I saw her face I was like, "woah". I had these tiny pieces in me reconcile and it felt like I missed her. The old her that is. But, then I said to myself that she wasn't right for me and that I'll be happier without her. Wherever she is im happy for her. Not going to break NC though. No reason to, I just wanted to vent

Day 1 Just feeling really stressed right now. Finding it really difficult to study... don't think I will make it through this semester. Sometimes I still think about my ex - about how happy I might be if he was here. But the reality is that if we ever got back together, I am just going to be reminded of why we broke up.

Day 14 and 15: feeling good. I've been working out more often and I'm eating better. Having some family problems right now but what are you going to do right? God throws his bigger battles to his strongest warriors. I'm in this ish to win it. #staypositive all we need is a time to heal up and strt fresh. I thought about my ex a little this morning but gotta brush it off. U shoulder like it's nothing because that's exactly what it is. Have a good day everyone!

5 week since break up. 24 day NC.

I still dream about you. I still keep dreaming that I called you to meet and you declined. You had said that you will consider meeting me but for now you need some space and time. And I am giving you that in hope that you will say yes. But I don't know how much time to give you before I make that call. I feel like until I call you to follow up, I will keep having the false hope and can't move on. But I know I am not in a state to handle the rejection right now, so I have been avoiding to make that call.

Day 4 Didn't think about him this morning because I had an exam to take. When I got home, I started to feel a little bit lonely again, and started to blame myself for the break up. I think I was the dreaded overly jealous girlfriend.

Though i gues keeping occupied really does help.

Today is 28 days of no contact, 16 days since our last administrative email, and almost 3 months since the break up. I have been doing a lot better, I haven't cried in almost a week. Today though, I don't know, I just woke up feeling down and missing him a lot. I feel like I'm on the verge of tears and I really want to message him. I just wish he missed me. How can you miss someone so much who could care less?

On a side note, if you see this May - I can't reply to your message, it says your inbox is full!

It's 27 day of NC. I am trying to keep myself busy but I constantly thinking about you. I am still not used to talking to you, anytime I do something I feel like telling you but I realize that you are not there. I keep wondering do you even miss me?

Today is 28 days of no contact, 16 days since our last administrative email, and almost 3 months since the break up. I have been doing a lot better, I haven't cried in almost a week. Today though, I don't know, I just woke up feeling down and missing him a lot. I feel like I'm on the verge of tears and I really want to message him. I just wish he missed me. How can you miss someone so much who could care less?

On a side note, if you see this May - I can't reply to your message, it says your inbox is full!

I am sorry you are having a bad day today. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I have deleted message from my inbox.

Day 18: Woke up feeling sad and lonely. Had a dream about my ex as if I was still trying to get confrontation and closure out of her. Have been feeling lonely for a couple days now. I miss the companionship, I miss having someone to hold and spoil. Miss the intimacy and having someone to talk to everyday. I guess I don't miss her but I miss it.

Day 29 NC

I woke up feeling very empty and lonely. Overall it's been getting better. Even if I am thinking about you, I can focus at work, cook or do other activities but it's the morning and night when I don't have anything to do, I miss you a lot.

I'm still thinking about what I have lost a lot of hours per day. My thoughts are still obsessive sometimes, but something is change. I'm losing her imagine, I am not struggling anymore about her qualities, but I have started to feel regret. Regret about what I miss, regret about what I did and how I throw away a beautiful relationship that we took 2 years to build before get together. I still have thoughts about my faults, which are objective and huge. However, I am starting to see even some bad points about her behavior which had not be so honest after all. Unfortunately, I still check her whatsapp profile yesterday and she changed her pic with the most beautiful pic ever, made me think that I will never be with a such beautiful woman in my life. I am struggling about think regarding anything else because, during the first period after my BU, I lost my job. Today I spent 4 hours looking for other jobs online and, doing this, I had success to break the obsessive mind. But the way, I am still far to get my interest back. I am starting to be aware of how I change badly in this period. I was a guy with a lot of interests: theatre, movies, literature, sports, couisine, musics, writing, journalism, arts. Where is that guy? Do I really want to spend my life like this? Just laying on the bed, checking websites of heartbreaks and nothing more? I admit is not easy because, after the BU, I realize that all my friendships were superficial. I used to contact a lot of people by myself when I was with her, not giving her attentions. And, now that she left me, and I did not write to people, no one wrote to me, and I'm often spending also my nights at home. Btw, I know that I have to work on myself, without needing anyone else. So I must write down a program schedule for tomorrow. Yes, I will use this thread to motivate myself. Tomorrow I will do 10 things. Here is the list:

- write an article for a online newspaper I used to collaborate

- have 4km running in the morning

- start to study a new language (any suggestion?)

- send at least 15 cv applications

- read at least a chapter of a book (and try to enjoy it)

- write to at least 5 people and focus on them, even if they don't care about me

- spend 30 minutes playing the guitar I'm learning to

- read the guide of the trip destination I will have on saturday

- eat healthy

- come back here and write about my day

I hope I can do this.

I don't know how long it has been since starting NC, a bit more than a month, I think. Yesterday was a terrible day, I cried for most of it and missed him and barely could hold myself from texting him. Instead I reached out to a friend of his and asked about whether I should and she said that it's not a confusing situation for him like it is for me and we are broken up and that's it for now. So I decided to not message him or get in touch. I want to try again, but one month down the line is probably too soon. My dad said something very true, 'You are 10 000 km from him in distance and 1,5 years in time, you have to get yourself together and get over this, you can't spend a year and a half like this.' it sucks to hear, but it also helps. Plus everyoje who's had a successful reconciliation says that the breakup was long, so maybe this is something I have to suffer through. I am doing my best, it still sucks, but at least I will keep trying. Hopefully it gets better soon, it's already been a bit more than a month since the breakup and it's not getting much better.

Hi guys.. another very BAD day here. Spent all the day at home, just scrolling this website and do nothing else except from staying at my pc and thinking about her. I have the feeling I'm gonna break... I thought to upload a 1 hour video on Youtube where I explain to her all the reasons behind my past actions and then give her the link after 30 days... or I thought to follow one of those "getyourback" programme that you find online to re-starting text. Today I resisted, but I'm feeling like I am gettine weaker in these days. I still talk about her with all the people I'm talking during these days.. is not good at all. And I fail with all my purposes of yesterday. Not good.

- write an article for a online newspaper I used to collaborate FAILED

- have 4km running in the morning FAILED

- start to study a new language (any suggestion?) FAILED

- send at least 15 cv applications SUCCESS

- read at least a chapter of a book (and try to enjoy it) FAILED

- write to at least 5 people and focus on them, even if they don't care about me FAILED

- spend 30 minutes playing the guitar I'm learning to FAILED

- read the guide of the trip destination I will have on saturday FAILED

- eat healthy FAILED

- come back here and write about my day SUCCESS BUT FAILED

I failed. Will I break?

5months NC. He had unfriended AND blocked me on facebook (I had tried to search him up after he blocked me and I wasn't able to search/add him).

Today for some reason, I searched up his name to see if he had changed his profile picture yet (it was one that I took of him on a trip we went on together)- and his name turned up, and I had the option of ADD FRIEND. Of course I didn't, but I don't understand, I still assume with facebook after you block someone you have to manually unblock them, so if this is the case, why unblock me but not add me back.

I don't deep down care, I am just curious. I am not going to add him back ever.