THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 10/14.

It was a sad day today. I think about him a lot still. Hopefully there is more in store for us and it's revealed in the next couple of months. I am excited about growing and improving myself, but I would like to have him by my side after that happens.

Good luck, everyone!

Day 5 NC, 1 day since I had to reply to a text as he was worried asking if I'd been trying to hack his facebook (I hadn't).

This is excruciating. I am now failing my degree. My deadline is tomorrow and I still have 7000 words to write. I can't concentrate as I keep checking my phone, waiting for him to call me. I want to find a distraction outside of doing my degree work, as it only makes me feel more depressed, which wastes time and ultimately hinders my essay progress more. I WISH I could go 1 minute without thinking about him. It's impossible. How can he find this so easy after 4 years together. Am I that disposable?

My Day 4 and my bff is now struggling to stop texting a man. Its a skill, learning to leave it alone. I kinda miss that selfish feller of mine but I had to go. I caught the feels as they say, and I wasn't invited. That thing about being comfortable alone, and making room for someone: seem like contradictory energies. If I am comfy, I am complete. There is no empty drawer waiting to be filled. Reading, the thing I don't do is say "I need your help." I feel bad asking for help. But Slush showed rare enthusiasm when he thought I might need him to fix my printer. Probs i should have broken it. Ha.

Oh well. It seems i have turned a corner and no longer attract casual sex seekers. That's helpful.

Day 1 of NC We've actually broken up 2 months ago, but ever since our break up, we've remained as friends and kept in contact because that's how we started off - as friends. We are also part of the same friendship circle, which doesn't help at all. Of course our conversations are not as they used to be (before we started dating) but I've come to wonder why I even agreed to being friends with him when there are so many other people out there that I can be friends with instead. Today will be the day I will begin to stop contacting him and checking him up on social media. Since we are part of the same friendship circle, I have seen him several times at group outings ever since our break up. I don't think our friends sense any awkwardness between us - it's as though we never dated in the first place. But I was just wondering: since I am doing the NC Challenge, should I still agree to go out with this group knowing that he will be at the event too?

Day 6 of NC. I woke up today feeling like I was about to sick. It felt like I was waiting to get on a rollercoaster, or collect my A-Level results. It hasn't subsided. I don't know why it's there. I think the stress of getting these essays due in on time isn't helping, but I just can't concentrate on them. I claimed for impairment today as this break up has affected my work, hopefully my claim gets accepted.

Still questioning WHY you would do this at the most SELFISH time. I am so angry but I need you. Love is a ing drug and I'm over here feeling like a crack head, refreshing my snapchat every 10 seconds just to see if you'd seen my snaps yet. Just text me tell me you're sorry. Tell me you think I'm beautiful. Tell me you were wrong. Take this all away. Because I can't cope without you.

Day 10 NC, 2 since administrative email, which he still hasn't replied to. I know it's just administrative details and not 'real' contact but it still bothers me that he hasn't replied. I have tried to draw a line between contact and the required separating our stuff emails but this is the first time he hasn't replied and it's driving me crazy, I guess they're not that different. It's really frustrating because I can't just cut off all contact until this is all dealt with.

day 7 of NC. I still miss you. I don't cry that often anymore but still wake up feeling lonely in morning. I still feel like calling you or telling you what I did etc or ask you to be honest and tell me the reason you left me.

I know NC is to heal yourself, but I still keep thinking about contacting after few months. And I keep wondering if you will even bother replying to me, and the thought of you not responding to me sends me in a panic mode. I know it's not healthy but I still keep hoping that you will come back

End of day 6. I broke no contact. He left his google documents open on my ipad and there was a document there named after a girl who I believe he is going to now date after me. I texted him saying I hope you're happy together. He keeps avoiding the question and is being so horrible. I wish I could die

Day 12/16.

Yesterday I cried again, it's too early in the morning now to tell how today will be, hopefully not too bad. I wrote another letter you won't read, hoping that you would, but knowing I'd never send it. I barely stopped myself from messaging you yesterday. I miss your beautiful face. I wish it was a year and a half into the future and we got our fairytale or we were over it.

Day 2 of NC. Really feel empty inside. But I can already feel like this is for the best. I am trying hard not to think about him, and when I do, I think of all the qualities he's lacking. However, it is hard not to be nostalgic of the happy moments from the past. I am mourning over the loss of the old him... because now he's almost a different person. Was he always like this? or did I somehow change him to become the very type of person I did not want him to be?

I wonder if I am ever going to get over him for real and just see him as if he were one of my other platonic friends.

I am thinking about finding a hobby that I can occupy my thoughts with.

Day 10 NC- Had a really good conversation with a friend that made me feel a lot better about the breakup. Made me consider not even wanting him back. Definitely progress. Didn't think about him today. Hopefully this feeling continues.

Back to day 1. This time I'm not counting down til 30 days til I can try to reach out with you so that we can get back together, as you made clear on our last phonecall that there will never be a me and you again. This time I will be counting 30 days to try and begin to get over you. You were my first love and we had 4 special years together. I believe it will take at least 2 for me to get over you. I have never cried so much in my life as I have tonight. I haven't just lost the love of my life, I have lost my best friend of 5 years. How can we go back to being strangers? I just wish I could stop crying all day, and I wish you missed me as much as I miss you.

Back to day 1. Yesterday he worte me a long emotional e-mail. Well I did respond, not because it moved me (well it did, but I didn't answer him from my heart but from my head), more because I had to correct some things.

But I did answer. Blah.

Day 3 Of NC. Our mutual friends think I'm already over the break up so they are constantly talking about my ex and sharing pictures of him with me. I wish they would stop because seeing him really takes my recovery back a few steps every time... But at the same time I don't want things in this group to go awkward. Yes, I'm just doing myself more harm than good... but somehow I think I can manage (I might be wrong). In the mean time I will try to slowly shift out of this group.

Overall, I am still hurt by what has happened. I cried a few times yesterday thinking about how much we argued during our last week together... And frankly, I don't know if i cried because I missed him or if I felt sorry for myself (for being such a doormat).

Day 2 of NC is almost over.

I woke up feeling okay, feeling angry that he decided not to fight for our relationship even though I was willing and committed 110%.

Then, as I was doing laundry, I noticed that his work shirt was mixed in with mine. And I just lost it. Cried. Hugged the shirt. I could still smell his scent on it. I didn't wash it.

I miss him so much, but I know he probably won't contact me, asking me to come back and make this work.

Day 1

I did the NC for about 5 days but he keeps coming up to me to say hi and wants to know how I've been . We see each other every day because we are in the same faculty so should I just totally ignore him in person because I just ignore his calls

Day 3 of NC.

I keep thinking in my head that it's all over. Yet I still keep checking my phone to see if you've texted. There's no way I can text you since I deleted your number. And I don't have the desire to. I figured that if you really wanted to make this work, you'd contact me. But you haven't. And so each day that I don't hear from you confirms that you don't want this. And you don't deserve me and the love and commitment I have to give.

I miss you and I miss us. But as the song goes, I can't make you love me if you don't. It's fine. I'll get over you. I can't wait for that day.

Just hope it won't be too late for you.