THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 42 - Forgot to post about it but nothing really happen other than the occasional thought about her

Day 43 - I recently started a journal. It helps me out so much!!! I can vent to it when I need to and write down my emotions. This break up has hurt me so much but I get through and every time I get upset, I go to my journal, happy moments go in my journal. In my feelings?? straight to my journal I go. It's not easy especially when you think about your ex often but I know with time I'll get through and thanks to my journal, I can deal with no contact easier. DAY 43 AND GOING STRONG!!!!

13 weeks ago was the first day of Spring. This is last Thursday before the start of Summer.

She left me for another man (a coworker) on 7 March 2014. I last saw her on 8 March. Of course I actually did not know until 16 March when I saw it on Facebook and talked to her voice. She backdated the start of their relationship to the 7th. I went no contact on 20 March. She went out with him once and he asked her to be his girlfriend within a week. No man moves that fast without ulterior motives.

I have nothing to worry about unless she comes crawling back. It is not hope at all, but my intuition tells me she is going to come back eventually. It is nagging feeling. Nobody hopes for anything bad for themselves.

I had today off, but didn't get as much done as I wanted. Right now I'm watching episodes from the third season of Scandal. Rich and I watched the first two seasons at his house on Netflix. Now I'm watching the third season alone, as a single woman.

YAY to healing. I feel better with each passing day. And I am working on becoming the best me possible.

2 Weeks today.....

The last week went fast.. Maybe because I was busy with work and my new puppy. I suppose keeping busy is the key. Regardless..time and distance definetely helps. I feel so much more removed and more detached. Im happy that I don't feel so sad anymore, but part of me misses that connection. I think ...and I may be wrong, but I think a lot of people get used to that sadness, so when it's gone, they actually miss it, because it's their only connection to their ex.

Hope the next two weeks goes as quickly

Day 20 NC. WOW, 20 days since we spoke or I should say text. We never talked about breaking up, I just pulled the plug after he kept going hot/cold and telling me to find someone else. So, off I go. Soon it will be 30 days, then 60 then 90.

Day 35. I have been doing everything I can to keep my mind off of him, and I have not broken contact once which I am quite proud of. I am currently staying with one of my friends who is the girlfriend of my exes best friend, so I have had to hear small tidbits of information about him and what the boys are doing this weekend. This has been slightly painful to hear, but of course, what do I expect? He is trying to move on, just as I am.

Day 1.

I'm angry but at the same time I feel nothing. I'm tired of crying, of waking up every morning to that sting in my chest. Today I decided I was going to get me back. I was going to be that person that was coming out of depression, the cheerful one who attracted you and you fell in love with. I don't want to get revenge exactly. I guess in the bottom of my heart I still want you back. But in one month, maybe I won't think as much in you as I did. In 2 months, you will be almost gone. I can do this.

It's officially been one day over two weeks since we last spoke. The longest we've gone is 2.5 weeks, so I suppose I'll have to wait and see if we make it all the way to week three without him trying to talk to me. I think if we do, part of me will be relieved, and part of me will be a bit bummed. We didn't exactly say goodbye the last time- he just never responded back to my last response to him- so that kind of bugs me. I wonder, sometimes, if the fact that he hasn't contacted me means that things are going downhill with the new girl, but more likely than not, they're just fine. I did post a status on Facebook yesterday that he liked (he never comments, so that his gf doesn't see and get upset, but he would occasionally like things of mine), but I don't think that counts as a break of NC, since I haven't actually conversed with him.

Was kind of tempted to look at his Facebook page today, but I haven't.

The days are going by more quickly. I'm spending less time on ENA. I usually spend quite a bit of time here daily. Not as much the past few days. I become obsessed with ENA in a break up. Right now I'm obsessed with working on ME. I'm learning, and growing, and I will be better when the next wonderful man comes into my life.

woah, JA0371 - What you said about getting "used to the sadness", or in my case "not letting it go" because it's my connection to my ex - really resonated with me! I've completely broken NC with him and we've been communicating. He wants me in his life and we're trying to evaluate what it would look like. I know it's selfish on his end, but I'm seeing how I can leverage it in order for me to move on. But I digress.

I'm also hoping to get a puppy/dog so I can focus on something else. And even more, give all this love that I have in the direction of something that will give me unconditional love in return.

You are doing so well!! Keep it up! I envy you on your path with such a clean healthy productive break. Cheers!

2 Weeks today.....

The last week went fast.. Maybe because I was busy with work and my new puppy. I suppose keeping busy is the key. Regardless..time and distance definetely helps. I feel so much more removed and more detached. Im happy that I don't feel so sad anymore, but part of me misses that connection. I think ...and I may be wrong, but I think a lot of people get used to that sadness, so when it's gone, they actually miss it, because it's their only connection to their ex.

Hope the next two weeks goes as quickly

woah, JA0371 - What you said about getting "used to the sadness", or in my case "not letting it go" because it's my connection to my ex - really resonated with me! I've completely broken NC with him and we've been communicating. He wants me in his life and we're trying to evaluate what it would look like. I know it's selfish on his end, but I'm seeing how I can leverage it in order for me to move on. But I digress.

I'm also hoping to get a puppy/dog so I can focus on something else. And even more, give all this love that I have in the direction of something that will give me unconditional love in return.

You are doing so well!! Keep it up! I envy you on your path with such a clean healthy productive break. Cheers!

Aww..thank you PearlH..hang in there it does get easier. The first week was the hardest. Some days I definetely miss him more than others...but it passes when I stay busy. A dog or puppy is a great idea. I had wanted one even before my breakup...but it does keep you on your toes.lol

By the way...it's day 15 for me!

Day 1

So here's a quick story. I was in a great relationship just shy of a year and a half. Like all relationships it had its ups and downs however, this one was particularly good- I'd never really felt the way I did about this girl (plans for the future etc) and it isn't as if it was my first relationahip. Any way- she had a few issues stemming mostly from some moderately severe mental illness- but it was something that I could, and did help her with. In fact it probably brought us closer together. At the outset of this year however, I was awarded a scholarship to continue my postgraduate studies at a very good university. However this meant moving away from her because she had not yet finished her studies, and was bound to finish either at the end of 2014 or sometime early in 2015, so she couldn't move with me.

Any way, I kind of messed things up in leaving the really hard questions about long distance to the last minute, and not properly adressing the situation. Perhaps inevitably this caused a blow-out about two months into my moving away. However, she had already booked flights to come and see me, and when she did we were able (just) to smooth over the issue and agreed that we were going to do long distance until she could come at the end of the year. Now, the distance isn't huge- about a 3-4 hour flight, which means it is feasible to visit once every 6 weeks or so.

Everything was going fine, I was to go visit very soon and then bam! Overnight I get told that (a) she wants out as she isn't happy (b) she cheated (made out apparently- who knows) with some absolute douche (we have been acquinted before) and © can't wait so long. Now I was a mess after this conversation, and it felt like history was repeating itself. Her attitude changed on a day to day basis. She would say she loved me, call me pet names etc, just to turn around the next day and blame me for putting her in this situation. Any way- two days ago I get the worst of it- She misses me but is happy without me (after 5 days!), that I need to leave her alone, and that she has only been nice to me over the past few days because she feels bad (in so many words). This felt like double-jeapordy to me- I am being punished when it was her that cheated on me. From there on I decided that perhaps NC was the approach. So I didn't message her/text/skype/snap etc for 36 hours or so. Now I have done NC before and it went well in the sense that it allowed me to get over the relationship- and I wanted to get over it. This time I am not so sure. Any way, I get a message a few hours ago along the lines of 'I am sorry, my actions might be a bit (pretty rich!) mean, but I do care about you. I didn't reply. 3 hours later I get a 'have you seen my message? Hope you're okay' and a snap (which I didn't check).

I am just not sure what to do, does this mean NC is working? or is it too soon to tell?

Day 2

Yesterday was a great day. I made so much progress and I finally allowed myself to laugh about the whole situation. If I made that much in one day, what am I capable of doing in one month? I've always been a strong person and I know I can get through this. Yesterday in the morning I woke up in the middle of the night and turned on my computer to see if he had updated his photos or something. Something that could tell me that he was being happy and I wasn't. Then day 1 started because I knew I couldn't live like that. So today is day 2. I'm secretly hoping he will talk to me and I can leave him at "seen" in WA so he feels how I feel like and he will start to worry. Then he'll know he lost me forever. He wasn't going to keep me as a friend and as a toy for sex. Too ing bad for him.

Day 21 I'm doing better. Still cry some, but Im realizing I miss the thought of a relationship, not my relationship with him. Today is my birthday and I'm doing my best to get through it, last year he spoiled me rotten and I had the best birthday of my life... BUT, we are not together now. I do realize that I need friends, I have no plans today because I didn't reach out to make them, and that is because I am not in a place to celebrate quite yet. I'm using this day to reflect on my life, what I want, and moving on to something much better.

Some guy flirted with me yesterday at the supermarket. That was kind of cool