THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 15

Nothing has changed, still going strong and living the way I want to. She tends to be on my mind when I'm driving or have a lot of down time, other than that she just pops up randomly after me seeing/hearing something that reminded me of her for a brief moment. Still no contact, no social media and no reaching out to one another on either end. You would think we had a horrific break-up the way that we're ignoring each other.

Day 29 Skipped Day 28 because I forgot to post

Finally unfriended his family because my X is visiting his daughter and I know there will be lots of pictures of him and his family on FB. Not something I want to see. Blocked his page too so I cannot see it. After that I got a mysterious phone call from his town that I didn't answer, so wondering if that was his son, or one of his grand kids. I can't track it since its a cell phone I have a feeling it was someone in his family. They didn't leave a message, so I assume that its not important.

Almost to 30 days!

Broke no contact, gonna have to start back from the top.

The reason for it was to not end contact speaking ill of the person she moved on to, to explain why I was speaking ill, and to ask that she continue making decisions and encourage her growth for herself. I explained that I understood I realized I wasn't respecting her space by speaking ill of others and of her own decisions, and because of that it wasn't a respectful choice. I also mentioned how I felt our relationship wasn't really respected as a result of what happened with the person she moved on to. I finished by saying I am still not gonna contact her, I ask that she not give me hints of whether she is still with the guy (she left it somewhat ambiguous last she spoke to me), and that if she aims to contact me as friends I strongly recommend she doesn't.

How do I feel?

Pretty much the same, which isn't bad. I have a tendency to always forget something (even when leaving the house or taking an exam) so this isn't new to me that I forgot to mention one thing last I broke NC, I am not necessarily proud of always being forgetful of the "one last thing"s. But that's a whole different issue that isn't even relevant to the breakup or how I feel about relationships.

Day 19

It was a really good day today. I still haven't replied to her since she texted me saying that I was looking good. I do have to give thanks to my friend though, she told me what was up and how the ex is trying to to test her control over me. So there will be no reply from me although I'm sure she had seen that I did read the message, iPhones and their iMessage feature. But oh well, I am finally starting to feel the effect of NC, I finally feel myself really coming back together finally. I'm feeling really good now even though I am sore from gym time. Moving on is finally seeming like it's starting to come within reach.

Day 19

It was a really good day today. I still haven't replied to her since she texted me saying that I was looking good. I do have to give thanks to my friend though, she told me what was up and how the ex is trying to to test her control over me. So there will be no reply from me although I'm sure she had seen that I did read the message, iPhones and their iMessage feature. But oh well, I am finally starting to feel the effect of NC, I finally feel myself really coming back together finally. I'm feeling really good now even though I am sore from gym time. Moving on is finally seeming like it's starting to come within reach.

Call me crazy but I LOVE muscle soreness after a great lifting session! Keep it up mayne!

DAY 2

Again. Same as last week. Knots and sick feeling gone. Still wake up too early and try to keep my mind occupied with the news or something but still remains the lonely missing part. Not an urge to contact but just the emptiness.

Here is a question: Why is it we only remember the good and intimate times after the breakup and not the struggling times. We were together 3.5 yrs and lived together for 2.5 and we did have disagreements as everyone does but why don't we remember those? Is it a brain function?

UGH, so I'm the adult child of an alcoholic (ACoA), and in the Big Red Book, it says I shouldn't date for a year. LOL...well I've been going to ACoA meetings about as long as I've been no contact, so here's to a year of being single and working on me!

Trying to distract my brain from thoughts of her. It is difficult. You know cell phones are a curse during NC. Used to be you would have to wait until 7-9.00pm on a land line to make a phone call because the rates went down. That would help curb the temptation....I just aged myself there...

Day 3. Feeling much better. I was actually happy this morning because it was over but about half way through the day it wavered back down to: "kinda unhappy". Gonna do some sports in an hour so it does get worse. If it doesn't this is a great day for only being day 3.

grrrrr I just broke NC after 14 days. Stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Did it because I kept thinking about how often she called or texted me towards the end and I really gave her no chance. I am weak, weak weak today. Lot of crap going on in my life right now.

Had to vent. I gave in and now I feel horrible about it.

WOW Day 30

I am shocked that I made it this far without trying once to contact him. I had no desire to do so and still don't. I don't need anymore hurt or pain, I just need to get over him. I know it will take time.

Not sure if I should keep posting here, but I probably will just to keep track.

Day 20

I've had an extremely busy day today. Man am I exhausted and really feeling the soreness today. 3tears I'm calling you crazy right now haha. But man am I feeling it today, but it is a good soreness. Both my lady friend and my counselor both reassured me that by not replying to my ex's little flirting attempts that I am sending a message and it will make her go crazy similar to what I had to go through at one time. I don't think her little rebound is going to last very much longer either, especially if she's willing to tell me that I "look good" with a blushing emoticon while she's with somebody. But oh well, it's already her loss and I'm feeling much better by not replying than I would have by replying. I'm moving on, if she wants me she'll fight for me but it'll probably already be too late by then anyways. It's time to start the 3 day weekend!

DAY 4

Of breaking NC from 28 days of LC.

Semi good night. Still woke up about 30mins earlier than the alarm, but I made it that far. Still though the thoughts creep up on you at the most inopportune time. This morning walking into the door at work, blam, she runs through my head......

I am learning my "breaking no contact lesson". The last time I was at day 14 on NC but day 28 of LC. Then I sent something innocent and she sent something back..."I went out too" but I just said I went by a place we went to with her dad from Christmas time. Nothing about going out or anything, I was actually lost. But that little reply has me thinking what did she so? who was she with? what is a date? Heck for all I know she put slippers on and went down to get gas, but that little comment encapsulates your mind to wonder. Hence the reason NC is so needed and good until I am ready to accept whatever she is doing, and with whomever...

5 weeks ago today we broke it up for good. I'm taking a year off of dating to work on me, and hopefully fix my lingering issues once and for all.

I will continue posting here, but only weekly, until at least 90 days. I need to keep my motivation to not contact him.

Day 31

Still NC. Got a message from the furniture store on my phone asking for payment, they called him first because the guy said, "name" told us to call you. LOL I guess I was on his mind for a second during that call. Oh well... just another boring day.

NC day 1 and 2

I forgot to post about day one so I'm going to post it first and then day 2 after.

DAY 1

It was extremely hard to go NC after her breaking up with me the previous day. I told her that we need to do NC and its for the best. Throughout the day I'd think about her and what I did wrong for us to be like this. I leaned on friends and family to help me get through this during this difficult time. Yes, I want another chance with her and I'm hoping that one day I can get that. But first I'm going to better myself and being way from her, hopefully she'll come back down to her senses. She ended up texting me at 10:38am asking for my little brother's number. I'm not sure why but she has his # and they are friends on FB. She did sent him a message but at least wait for him to reply back instead of texting me? So I told him to just text her and say Hey. She replied back with are you working today, can you do me a favor and pick something up for me from your work? Why do you even bother texting me? I was furious and I was over analyzing! I ended up ignoring her and that's a huge step of moving forward. Kept myself busy all day going to the beach then ended up playing tennis until 10pm at night.

Day 2

Woke up this morning to a few texts of friends trying to help me get through this ordeal. They all know that I love my SO and I would want another shot with her more than anything. Yes, I was a little sad and lonely this morning. Kept thinking about her and having the urge to text her but I didn't. I'm not sure going NC for two weeks would help anything because her brothers, dad, etc.. all told me to let her be, she's confused at what she wants. She want to be single but yet be in a relationship with me (mixed feelings). The more I let her be and let her think clearly, she will misses me and when's she ready she will contact me again. Well I know her brother before dating her and we planned a trip next week on the 11th for his birthday. She'll be going as well and I told him it's best that I don't go! He was a little upset because he really wanted me there, I told him it would be really hard for me.

With that being said I made my decision to go to the trip and it's for him not for her. So basically I'm going NC for two weeks. Not sure what will happen when we are on that trip for the whole weekend but during NC I'll improve myself and try to keep it up.

Plans for today is work then some tennis later tonight and take out my anger at hitting the balls.