Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight-loss journey - Getting back on track....

annie24

oh yeah, the other point of the book is how much influence companies have over the government in 'setting healthy guidelines.' he points out that these lobbyists affect the standards more than actual science does, and it is scary. We just talked about that at weight watchers today - we're seeing more and more kids cereals being advertised with "10 g fiber" or whatever - but the bottom line is that it's a sugary cereal! not particularly "healthy food."

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard of the China study, but I've also heard some pretty convincing rebuttal of the points made in that article. You should check those out Annie. I personally still agree with everything in moderation, except for fats and sugars which should be very sparing. I wouldn't get rid of all animal products, but I agree with veggies, fruits, grains, nuts first, and then some animal protein.

i think that the lexapro wasn't helping. these SSRIs don't help with weight loss at all!

Yeah- when I was on it for a year I inflated majorly. They sure don't help the metabolism. It was still worth going on it since it helped me combat depression but I know it was part of the reason I had such a harm time returning to my pre-pregnancy weight after I had my son.

oh yeah, the other point of the book is how much influence companies have over the government in 'setting healthy guidelines.' he points out that these lobbyists affect the standards more than actual science does, and it is scary. We just talked about that at weight watchers today - we're seeing more and more kids cereals being advertised with "10 g fiber" or whatever - but the bottom line is that it's a sugary cereal! not particularly "healthy food."

I've noticed that a lot on cereals. They also tend to advertise how many grams of "whole grain" are in it, which is really pointless if it is still loaded with sugar and the first ingredient says "enriched" ..... flour.

thanks sophie - i did google the critisisms of the study, yes there are many! when i read the chapter on auto-immune diseases (well, i skimmed it), they didn't talk about the potential role of microbes in auto-immune diseases and I think that was a pretty big omission.

wearing my size 10 jeans now. at home, by myself. the butt and thigh regions fit perfectly. jeans zipped and buttoned! huge muffin top and camel toe though, lol!!! these are not ready for the public just yet.

it is so strange that i fit into them at 193. i saw my ex-bf last week, he told me he thought i lost weight compared to last summer. i didn't tell him i actually GAINED 10 lbs since!! but i guess that the weight training is making more muscles, etc....

• 3 weeks later...

Mad cravings these days!! lately, it's been for some food from a nearby fake mexican restaurant. it's kind of fusion. they have a quesadilla that has sweet potato puree, carmelized onion and feta cheese with a cucumber sour cream. omg it is sooo good. calorie wise it seems ok - i think the biggest calories come from the torilla itself and the oil maybe? omg. craving it!!!

I didn't post this before but I was 0.6 lbs down at my last weigh in. not great, but not horrendous either. i didn't go last week because i was busy, this week and next weekend i will be busy too. i'll have to find a different time to weigh in!!

the battle of the pants continues!!!

size 12 jeans have a hole in them. i have thrown them away. size 10 jeans - can zip them up (muffin top still exists) but they are too tight to be comfortable and wear around all day. I have a pair of size 12 courdoury pants that i tried to wear today, but they are actually quite tight - like the size 10 jeans! and it gave me a stomach ache from wearing them. I REFUSE to buy a new pair of size 12 jeans!! REFUSE!! 10 lbs need to come off! in the meantime, i have to be a bit creative with my waredrobe. pull out the fall skirts and tights. i love wearing jeans though. sigh.....

I am so jealous you can even get into a size 10.

I started using my bodybugg (again) today. I burned 3058 calories and consumed 1381, so had a deficit of 1677 -a pretty good day! But my problem is consistency as my boyfriend points out. i could have skipped the pudding at night and had a higher deficit but at least I got some dairy through that. I've been off dairy for a while but I am not sure if that was a great decision health-wise.

Keep it up Annie! I really admire that you always pick yourself back up again and get back on the wagon, instead of just saying screw it and stuffing your face with chocolate (I tend to do that, lol). Is going on vaca motivating you to lose weight? The idea of being around all those beauties (totally going off of stereotypes here lol) is definitely pushing me to get exercise and eat right. I want to be able to wear some cute clothes and feel good doing it!

I can't track my food...I get all irritated and annoyed lol. I'd rather workout more and just try to make healthy choices. For some reason I lost my appetite for like three weeks, I lost four pounds! And now I'm sick lol. I'm sure once I'm healthy it'll come right back. But I'm hoping some of it was the running and yoga I started doing.

i agree - i get annoyed too with tracking, but it does help me. even when i am making healthy choices, i'll eat too much inadvertently. i'm the kind of person who likes to eat A LOT of food. i'm sitting here with a huge salad right now - lots of greens, tomato, onion, carrots, beets, beans, 1 tablespoon of feta, a few tablespoons of chicken and tofu, and then balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. it takes me a long time to eat it!

Down only 0.2 lbs. bah!! The good things I did were exercising about 5 times a week - either weights, or dance or martial arts. I think i was ok with food but didn't track, so that probably contributed. i just get sooo lazy. must refocus!! But I'm really happy that I made time the last few weeks to exercise.

stayed the same this week. 193.0 lbs. well, i've been sick all week, so haven't exercised much. and then we had pizza at work and last night i had takeout dinner, so maybe all in all, that's not bad. i'm still feeling sick, but hopefully will lose a few pounds this week!

Archived