Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight-loss journey - Getting back on track....

annie24

I used to journal. Now, sometimes I'll jot down my food/calories on a scrap piece of paper in the afternoon so I know what I have left to eat today, but it's really casual. I generally eat til I am full. That seems to be around 1200-1500 calories because the veggies with lean meats are filling yet low in calories.

Exercise DVDs sound great! GENERALLY, I work out 5-7 days a week. I know that consistent, high intensity workouts are important for maintaining weight for me.

I was looking up my eating patterns last night. Seems like it is pretty close to the Paleo diet except in the Paleo diet you don't eat legumes and I do. Generally, I think I am moving towards a low carb, high fat lifestyle without the dairy. I just need to cut down on fruits and sweets via flavory drinks.

link removed

Bekka - I totally understand. I started to read about eating non-processed food or what some call "real food." As I got into that, I found all dairy and the vast majority of the grains we have are processed foods. So, in an effort to cut out processed foods, I found myself getting rid of those two groups. In terms of dairy, I "accidentally" gave it up when I went abroad. I went to a tropical location where I ate what grew on our farm (fruits, vegetables, and meat) and we certainly didn't have dairy products. Boy, the weight FELL OFF. Also, I found myself not having cramps and other stomach upset. Long story short, I think I was lactose intolerant and didn't realize it.

I get the nutrients I need from other foods - spinach, kale, carrots, meats, beans etc have lots of calcium, vitamin A, vitamin B, iron, protein etc.

I do get nervous about the Paleo diet's restriction of beans and how most diets restrict fruits. Every once in a while, I like to have a "fruit day" where I just eat that. Not completely healthy I guess but soooo yummy.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does sound like the Paleo diet.

Breakfast:

Cereal + milk

handful of trail mix:

Lunch:

greek salad with non fat vinegarette. chickpeas.

greek yogurt + blueberries. I didn't read the label and it was the full fat 300 calorie yogurt. ugh.

1 diet coke

Snacks:

1 mandarin

1 small apple

2 small cookies at work (i know, i know, so hungry, ran out of food!)

cup of coffee + cream and sugar

handful of trail mix

Dinner:

Grilled chicken + tomato sauce + LF cheese

Whole wheat couscous

salad with fat free dressing

1 bottle beer

snack:

1 scoop of Edy's 100 calorie ice cream (chocolate). soo good! I'm guessing that's like about 50 calories then?

there's definitely room for improvement... but i'll keep working on it...

When i was on this expensive HCG diet this spring....calories were about 800. But it included only a few veggies (no corn or beans...carbs) Only oranges and apples or 8 strawberries for fruits....and 5 oz of lean meat. One tbl. of milk a day. I cheated and used the coffee flavored creamer. I found during the summer I LOVED the strawberries/ice/flavored creamer/ and a packet of sweet n low (optional) blended was the BEST thing on a hot day. I used it as a dessert! yum.

You could also use one lemon a day. So i could make lemonade or squeeze the juice of my fish. I really liked the diet cuz you could eat so little, you didn't really have to think. And i only had to stick to it for 40 days. Unfortunately, afterwards you were suppose to use those dieting skills and eat the same way, just a bigger portion of them. Basically cut way back on the carbs (I lOVE pasta, potatoes and bread) Sweets...nuff said....and dairy. I eat CHEESE on everything.....and sourcream on my potatoes and tacos. Is it any wonder why I'm fat???

Oh. And butter. Lots and Lots of butter.

So of course if i cut out carbs, dairy and sweets...I'd lose LOTS of weight. But besides meat and veggies...ugh...what else is there? My favorite things!!!! I'm not a veggie and fruit eater. I'll blame it on my parents.

That's crazy! How much weight did you lose?

Last few days have been ok. I'm still sticking with the weight watchers simple start plan, though last night i went out with a bunch of people and eating and drinking was not so great. I'm up 5 lbs on the scale today, but i'm guessing i'm retaining water or something like that, because that is out of control!

I went to WW on wednesday, I stayed the same over the holidays, which i suppose is good. hopefully it will be down this week.

in general, i've been having milk and cereal and coffee for breakfast, a salad with veggies and beans and fat free vinegarette for lunch, along with greek yogurt, and then dinner like roasted turkey and potatoes and veggie soup.

Last night I had a veggie burger and fries I split with a friend. And then I had 2 ciders and 2 sangrias. I really feel like crap this morning. sooo tired.

The last few days have been horrible eating days, but the scale is coming down nonetheless. this is not healthy though:

Friday: I don't remember what i had for breakfast. just a little bit. 2 cookies. followed by a huge chipotle salad for lunch (lettuce, chicken, beans, rice, guac, cheese, and chips). For dinner, I wasn't hungry, so I had a 100 calorie snack pack before going out for drinks (3).

Saturday: Woke up hungover. Ate a bagel at a fancy local shop that had on it eggs, turkey bacon, cheese, and strawberry jam. Had a glass of grapefruit juice. Went back to bed. Woke up, had a donut and iced coffee before 2 hour dance class. Got home, got chinese takeout, finished half, fell asleep.

Sunday: Woke up at 5 AM, ate the rest of chinese takeout. went back to sleep. Woke up again, met friend for breakfast, had eggs benedict and some kind of vegetable hash. Dinner: 1.5 eggrolls from the rest of the chinese takeout. 1 glass of wine.

Monday: Had an egg/cheese/turkey bacon roll. Lunch: 1/2 of an au bon pain salad. Too full to finish the rest. Dinner: 1/2 of the au bon pain salad and a bread roll.

The scale is definitely coming down, but this has not been a healthy eating weekend.

We all have our bad days, Annie. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just do better the next day!

I didn't do so well today. I drank a lot of iced coffee. I loved iced coffee but I drank too much. It filled me up and I wasn't able to meet my protein goal for the day. I also had the jitters.

But you know what, I will just try again tomorrow.

I see you like eggs. I love eggs! I usually have 1 for breakfast every morning.

Sent from Tapatalk

I had lost 17 pounds in about 40 days...you're suppose to lose up to a pound a day! But of course i wasn't that strict. Now after 7 1/2 months I've gained it all back, plus 2 more pounds. I'm the heaviest I've been in 8 years!!!

I try to blame the 'friend' i have for being fat....cuz he's fat. He said i can't blame HIM! He's been losing weight by walking...a LOT!

I've just been eating.....a LOT!

UGH. Wish 'pudgy' was in! Like the women painted on the church ceilings....or turn of the century even.......

Another egg lover! But I try to only eat the egg whites only at least 50% of the time I eat eggs.

Egg whites are extremely nutritious. Tons of protein in them without the cholesterol.

I plan to eat them again once I can eat a little more than I can now. Right now I need the calories. I struggle to eat enough these days.

Sent from Tapatalk

Archived