Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight-loss journey - Getting back on track....

annie24

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know! First it was that viral throat infection. Then I was better for like four days. Then I got sick again and lost my voice and my sinuses were horrible. I went back to the doctor and the rapid strep test came back negative again. She said it was viral and wanted to test for mono. So while I'm waiting for that to come back, I get worse and worse and all this green goop is coming out of me. I call for antibiotics and they have to wait for the mono spot to come back. I finally got them yesterday and it's slowly getting better. I'm at my parents' for the weekend. But they never told me what I have. It's been bad. I couldn't eat, I was getting dizzy and I couldn't stop sweating.

oh no!!!! I'm sorry - i hope you get better soon. it might be something viral and antibiotics won't do anything. do you have a fever?

the nurse on the phone thinks i have a viral bronchitis. I'm coughing up goop too, though less today, so maybe i am getting better??

I've felt like I had a fever, but didn't. I'm usually in the 97 range and was in the 98's for most of it. One night I woke up to take my temp and it was in the 99's. I do think the antibiotic is helping. I'm nowhere near as miserable as I was yesterday. I was actually crying. It was pathetic.

Ugh those viruses are awful! They just take way too long to go way. I've missed so much work. I have to do all of my home visits in the last two weeks of the month. That's 12 visits. And two of those homes are 45 min to an hour away. I hope you are getting better! The green goup supposedly means that our bodies are fighting it and we are getting better.

oh no!!!! I'm sorry - i hope you get better soon. it might be something viral and antibiotics won't do anything. do you have a fever?

the nurse on the phone thinks i have a viral bronchitis. I'm coughing up goop too, though less today, so maybe i am getting better??

Not good. I hope you feel better soon.

It's really hard to stay on track with all things weight loss when you are sick. Have some chicken soup and rest up.

Thanks, I hope I get better soon too. been sick for 9 days, this is getting old. I think it's because I'm stressed with my last 2 weeks at work, and getting ready to put my home on the market. i think i just have a few more things to box up before the mass cleaning, final touch ups, and then putting it on the market! my real estate agent is coming over tomorrow night, i want to have things as close to done as possible. gay handyman coming over next week to make some more minor fixes, lol.

the one thing that will be stressful is living in a staged home. i am a little bit messy, and the thought of having to clean everything before i leave in the morning stresses me out a little bit. ugh. i used to be a neat freak, don't know what happened, lol. i've done a LOT of de-cluttering and donating and selling items, so that does feel good to have less stuff around.

I had a lot of illnesses like the one you have, last cold season. I am really hoping to avoid them this year. They just seemed to linger FOREVER and always ended up in my lungs. There would be false hope of getting better....after about 2 weeks of suffering I'd finally get to the doc and then they would prescribe me cough suppressants (the crazy one with vicodin in it) and tell me to take Mucinex DM. I hope you kick yours faster than that. They really feel yucky. I think stress does have a lot to do with it. Hang in there!!!!

gay handyman coming over next week to make some more minor fixes, lol.

Well, this is a "NON" dating journal now so he is allowed to make an appearance I guess. lol

I don't have time to take it easy. well, i am a little (i'm posting here of course!) but gotta clean, gotta pack, gotta work... sigh. I think it's stress induced. it's ok, in 3 weeks i'll be on a beach. i wish i lost 8 lbs...

The nurse told me to take normal mucinex, not the cough suppressant. she told me to keep taking mucinex until everything got coughed up, and then i can switch to the DM and other cough suppressant products.

The nurse told me to take normal mucinex, not the cough suppressant. she told me to keep taking mucinex until everything got coughed up, and then i can switch to the DM and other cough suppressant products.

Ah, makes sense.

BTW, I had a feeble moment in my last post to you. I forgot I was in your weight loss journal and thought I was in your "non dating" journal. Sorry!!!!

ugh... i am craving this chocolate bread pudding take out from a restaurant near by! it is soo delicious and chocolatey. must resist. i think it's PMS. I've been eating all day and not really getting full. today I ate:

Breakfast: 100 cal bagel thin with peanut butter and strawberry jam, cup of tea.

Snack: Orange

Lunch: Pita filled with falafel, veggies, hummus, tahini and a bit of yogurt sauce. and water.

Snacks: Orange and tea. 1 halloween sized candy-bar.

Dinner: 2 100 cal bagel thins with low fat tuna salad. 1 cup of fat free home made butternut squash soup. handful of flavored almonds.

I think I'm a bit carb heavy and not enough vegetables. My veggies today came in the form of the soup and the fillings in the pita. Because i'm leaving on a long vacation soon, i'm trying not to buy too much food for home and relying on takeout and ready made items at the grocery store. i should be careful of that though....

I thought I would have enough protein with the pb and falafel and tuna?? maybe not. i think i just need more veggies. oh, and forgot to add, i had an "italian ice." don't remember the calories, but it's under 100.

i want chocolate bread pudding.... no! must.... not.... order!! ugrgh. hopefully i'll fall asleep soon....

How about just chocolate pudding.....

I live on:

image removed

for chocolate fixes.

Cravings can be so damn strong sometimes. My worst ones are for pizza and brownie sundaes . Just remember that all cravings do pass.

I wish I could do this. I've given into nutella and hot fudge sundae's from Friendlies etc..

Today I am craving Moo Shoo Vegetable or Chicken. sigh. My eating today has been ehhhh.... The angry acne on my face confirms I have PMS.

Breakfast: was in a huge hurry. 100 calorie thin bagel with cream cheese. Tea.

Lunch: A Peruvian dish with rice, salsa, half an egg and shredded chicken in some kind of mystery yellow sauce. Aji de Gallina. (mystery sauce is bad for diets!) Diet coke and tea.

Snacks: 2 packages of halloween sized M and Ms. A few handfuls of chocolate/caramel popcorn.

Dinner (so far): Cup of butternut squash soup.

It's too cold here. I finally went and bought jeans yesterday. size 12 from gap. sigh. i wasn't able to sneak back into my size 10s, since i was sick (well, still recovering) and didn't have as much time to exercise..... sigh.... oh well, i have to stay warm!!

Archived