The Life of Christopher Allen Brackner

MewSkitty

This is heartbreaking. A friend hung himself a few weeks ago and I'm still reeling with agony and inability to comprehend what motivated those last precious moments.

Christopher, I wish you could have found a way to push out from the fog of your own suffering. Your endearing presense on eNotalone will always be remembered.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How sad? My last correspondence with him was when he posted about the death of his grandmother. Now he can finally be with her. Rest in peace Mew. And my sympathy for the family.

The time has come

It's for the best I know it

Who could've guessed that you and I...

somehow, someday

We'd have to say goodbye.

That made me cry.

His life was only just beginning. After reading it before i read down to avmans post i was about to launch into a usual... ''don't do it, things'll get better, lets talk about it'' post. I'm not used to it being too late to help people.

sandyv it was a good idea to pray. I never get used to this part of faith, but we should be praising God for having sent him to us.

Oh i hope he's ok. How miserable must he have felt. And his family now, and friends, who he thought didn't love him...

Please, nobody else do this, if you're thinking about taking your own life. Please lets talk about it. Chris wasn't nothing - that much is obvious by everyones grief on here alone. Please, don't do it.

Such sad news. We've all been in dark places, where even for a brief moment of time, we think that we have nothing to live for. But there is always happiness once you see through the fog, we just have to squint a little sometimes, or just wait for the next sunny day.

My heart goes out to the family.

Wow... I almost don't like admitting this, but reading that post and hearing about this makes me wanna smoke a cigarette. What a tragic emotion love can be. It's tough... especially at such an age like that, where most teens/young adults just don't know what they want or just how fragile our hearts really are. People can be cruel, and so can emotions. I know he'll be missed, he seemed a bright, kind young man from his posts that I read. I hope he's in a better place where he doesn't have to deal with these earthly problems. Isn't it depressing how it's always the ones we least expect; the ones who seem to be thick-skinned, give-it-all fighters and so full of hope?

Regardless, my condolences to his family and friends. Loss is never an easy thing. I've lost too many people to not know that.

“There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide.” - Albert Camus

Oooh that is soo sad to hear, so awful

The above is such a heartfelt post, he must have been suffering alot to end his life.

Very sad news, very sad indeed. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing him on here but I still feel awful, made me cry, wish I had known him and perhaps helped him.

My heart goes out to his Family and friends at this time.

x

There are no words I can add to this. Simply nothing can describe how tragic his life was. I guess I'm trying to think of ways here that this can be avoided in the future.

I know many people come on here and talk about committing suicide and we try to talk them out of it.

Is there any way, we can change this forum to help someone like this in a helpful and pro-active way? Perhaps we here, have a duty to answer each suicide threat on ENA and to follow it up with a professional posting from a qualified professional. Perhaps there are qualified professionals, who will man this site on a voluntary basis? Perhaps this is already being done. I'm just trying to "think on my feet" here and see what preventative measures we can take in the future.

Christopher I hope you have found the peace you deserve.

Hugs G Fish.

Oh my goodness... I wish I hadn't read that. But I saw something about MewSkitty in someone's sig, and thought "what??"

I talked with him a few times - through PM's - a few months ago, when he lost his grandmother... He seemed like such a nice kid, just struggling with losing his grandma (as most do). He abruptly stopped replying one day, back in about march I think it was, and I didn't think anything of it, thought he must have just not needed my help anymore, but man... I wish I had just sent one more, and said "you ok?"...

How horrible. My thoughts are with his family.

I can't get this off my mind... It's really knocked the wind out of me.

P.S. It says his last activity was yesterday at 7.13am...?

I never knew Mewskitty but I wish that I had. I wish that I could have helped him in some way. God, that is so sad. I completely understand how selfish suicide is now. I used to think that everyone would just "get over it" but they don't. I did not even know this wonderful person and I am shaking and sobbing as I write this.

My heart goes out to his family. Rest in peace.

My life was wasted in front of a computer. There is much more to life than that for you. If you ever read this, please know that there are people out there who can make you happy. You have a lot to live for. You don't want to end up like me.

^^One of his last posts was giving advice against suicide, to another member -in the Suicide Threads..

Wow, just wow.

Chilling and sad.

This feels so weird...I was reading another forum just a little bit before this date where I accidently saw MewSkitty as a member.

Also this member from another forum claimed to be also an Ena member under the same user name.

So I guess it was him.

I must say that stuff he wrote here corresponded with stuff written on another forum - there were some signs it's the same person.

But on another forum that particular post I red was quite weird.

How sad.......poor guy.

Christopher never had one friend in school. It sounds like my younger son.

Imagine going to school every day of your life, having to be there all day and have no connection to anyone. It's really no surprise to me that he felt enough pain to end it.

It's so tragic...I guess when you move around so much, it would be impossible to make new friends...and if you're shy, forget it. I was lucky to grow up in a community where they welcomed new students..if only Chris could've gone to a place like that...

I read this last night and i just can't stop thinking about it...I feel so awful...

Archived