The Life of Christopher Allen Brackner

MewSkitty

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting.

I always felt that was a pretty cool cartoon myself... and well while I mostly prefer the oldies (quickdraw mcgraw.... hong kong phooey yogi bear... huckaberry hound and scooby doo to name a mere few) I really liked this one.

The more I think about this tragedy, the more emotional I get.

Everyone.....male or female please note that there's always something worth living for, this is why I haven't killed myself because deep down inside I know this to be true and that I'll find that something worth continuing my life.

Depression can be tough, even overbearing at times.... but please don't decide to take such a permanent solution.

There is a light at the end of the rainbow, I know this.... as should all of you.

As I type this all I can think about is how this poor kid couldn't find a reason to carry on.

Quite honestly it breaks my heart.

I know what you mean. Today has been strange for me, even though I didn't even know Christopher. I just had a terribly long cry, something I haven't done in a long time. You hear of people doing this all the time, but knowing it was someone this young and knowing he was right here and I didn't know how much he was hurting is almost too much.

He mentioned that the only friends he really had were the Pokemons. And he was so upset when they changed the voice actors on the cartoon. It's just the little things sometimes that make life bearable for some of us. And then they had to take that away.

The article lacks information. How did the investigating agency rule this out as a suicide? Because of a "soured internet relationship"? Plenty of murderers plant fake notes and stories to steer detectives into thinking it was self murder. And jumping off a bridge sounds like a painful way to kill yourself, when there are painless alternatives. The investigation should still be open. Another thing that bothers me about the article was that it never mentioned his note. He posted that on here, which makes this thread part of a crime scene. I was appalled that they lacked to mention the fact that he left a suicide note posted on the internet! I don't mean to open any fresh wounds or to stir the pot, but either the investigation was haphazard at best, or that article is poorly written. Clearly the evidence points to suicide, but I think a family who loses their son deserve a full investigation, or at least an accurate news story.

chris darling, yooh will be in everyones hearts. you are a sweetheart at least your happy now. thats always good right? sleep with the angels always.

he just needed someone to be there in real life to show him that theres other love out there. maybe just even a hug.

that girl who broke his heart-- you wonder how she must feel.

That ll probs just be the moderators shutting down his account. He's definitely dead.

Yes, I know he's definitely dead, but was jsut wondering who would have been loggin in. But melrich cleared that up for me -

Some of his family have access to his account and have visited this site since his death.

I only read about this last night, and today I couldn't stop thinking about it. You hear of suicides all the time, and think "oh how awful", but this time, it's like "oh my goodness, I talked to him! I had contact with him!" I can't get it out of my head.

Reading his posts, you could see his innocence. He was so...what's the word...idealistic? I remember reading threads about "Jesse" and he was so adamant that things would turn out, that they would get married, that everything would be great. Yeah, ok, so that might have been a little naive, but that's the sort of person he was, I think, from what I saw on here. So confident that things would turn out exactly how he wanted them to... It's so heartbreaking that he will never get that chance.

I sort of understand why he did this, he must have been in so much pain, but pain goes away! It's so sad! He could have had another shot at love with someone else! He was so young....just a year younger than me...

I can't get this off my mind...

Christopher Allen Bracker

Christopher Allen Brackner of Emporia died Monday, Sept. 17, 2007, in Emporia. He was 18.

Mr. Brackner was a computer technician.

The son of Fred Brackner and Cindy Mekeel, he was born July 20, 1989, in Denver.

Mr. Brackner attended the Apostolic Tabernacle Church in Emporia.

He is survived by his mother of Emporia, his father of Sterling, Colo.; one sister, Mariah Mekeel of the home and one brother, Steven Brackner of Sterling.

The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Apostolic Tabernacle Church. Burial will be at Memorial Lawn Cemetery. The family will meet friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at Charter Funerals.

Memorial contributions to the Christopher Brackner Memorial Fund at the First Community Bank in Emporia may be sent in care of the funeral home, 501 W. Sixth Ave., Emporia, KS 66801.

The drawings and tributes from you all are so beautiful. The sheer amount of people on here alone who are mourning and crying over his death. And he honestly felt he was 'nothing to anyone?' Thats the saddest thing about this kind of illness, it strips away reality until all you are left with is pain.

that girl who broke his heart-- you wonder how she must feel.

As for the girl who broke his heart, i dont think we should speculate that this was her fault. She was just a kid herself, and though we all loved Chris, she cannot be blamed for his suicide. She knew how unstable he was, perhaps his intensity scared her. If she no longer felt the same way, she did what she had to do. It was just one of those things, she is not to blame for his death. She must be putting herself through sheer hell as it is atm. She did love him.

I've witnessed over the past few days the way this forum really comes together as a community when something like this happens. To support and look out for eachother in a way that i've never seen before to this extent. Thats Chris' legacy.

Please dont commit suicide, it IS permanent, and id do anything i could to bring Chris back.

Pm me if you want to and we can talk about it, but not suicide, please.

The sun was shining yesterday, and at first i thought 'why should the sun shine when Chris is dead.' But then i thought, 'maybe the sun IS Chris.'

Sorry PeanutButter i mis read, i just meant i don't think that she should feel guilty. Depression killed him, like an illness.

I wonder how shes doing. She was lucky to have so much of his love though.

Oh I've been thinking about that all day...how would you feel! I can't even imagine, but I'd think unbearably guilty to start with!
Sorry PeanutButter i mis read, i just meant i don't think that she should feel guilty. Depression killed him, like an illness.

I wonder how shes doing. She was lucky to have so much of his love though.

I wasn't saying she should feel guilty. I just meant she probably does.

From experience, when someone commits suicide, anybody close to them blames themselves. "I should have seen the signs" or "I could have helped" are commonly said. It's just what happens. I don't think she is to blame for his death, no way, that would be so unfair!

But reading those articles, and it said something to effect of "he killed himself after an internet romance soured" sort of looks like others are pointing the finger at her, as if to say "had the relationship not soured, he'd still be here".

I by no means think it's her fault. Was just stating what sometimes normally happens when grieving - people blame themselves, and possibly, she could be doing exactly that. Though it's in no way her fault.

Arr Christopher ya daft bugger why did ya have to go and do a dumb thing like this.

It makes me said to think I just missed talking to you,

Like water you sliped through our fingers and was lost,

Ill miss you.

I once long ago told Chris

"Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free."

I just wish I could have given you more hope Chris.

We still in the light will carry on even as you fall away into shadows.

It is life, it is death, it is all we know to do.

Walk well freand and light the way, even in the darkness.

Thank you everyone, I am glad you like what I made. I hope that it does not offend any of his family and I hope they like it too. Maybe they will see it and choose to print it out. I would have used a pokemon character because I know that he liked those, he also liked other cartoon characters but see those are © copyright and by law I cant use them in creations. The angel kitty however, I purchased license to make something with it.. so there you have it.. Its the closest thing I could think of =)

I wasn't as fortunate in getting to know Chris as many of you were. I recognized his name and avatar...

I read through tons of his posts after reading the notification. He was always willing to lend supportive and encouraging words to others. .. .

I've never seen someone, especially his age, so brilliant, caring, loving, humorous, and helpful to others.

This man had a heart of gold.... I'm sure he was an Angel to many others in need.

Archived