The Life of Christopher Allen Brackner

MewSkitty

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Steve, known as Blossomgb, from the Powerpuff Forums. If you didn't know, the picture that Christopher had in his messages was Bubbles, who was the gentler one of the three. I'm a sort of Moderator at some of them, and I like Blossom.

He respected me, and when he had difficulties, I was there. Had he come to me when he felt as bad as he did to commit suicide, maybe things would have turned out differently. Initially I wanted to take that girl up a dark alley one night and tell her with a fist what I thought of her, but Christopher wouldn't allow that, so I never would have. Personally, the girl in question is the sick one!!

Anyway, the Powerpuff Forums were one of his major places of peace. There was one incident there that I would like to tell the administrator, if he/she would E-Mail me. I don't know how much help it would be to the cops, but I will help all I can.

Please pass on my love and sympathy to his family.

Why do the good people suffer most in this world??

Yours Truly,

Blossomgb / Steve Pendlebury

Bolton, UK.

I'm sorry to hear about Mewskitty. The gentlest people in this world are the ones who suffer most. He must have felt that there wasn't enough love in his world to make it worth living.

I understand exactly how that feels, but I wish at least he could have loved himself, or lived long enough to learn how to love himself. Some girl or other is not worth ending your life over. It's a tragic waste, the loss of a good boy. The good guys often die young, and the world loses out when one of the good people departs. 'Every man's death diminishes me' as John Donne wrote.

I hope at least he has some rest from the anguish now.

I too am saddened about Christopher's death. I didn't know who he was prior to this post but this thread has weighed heavily on me for 3 days.

Like itsallgrand, I can't seem to wrap my head around this tragedy. With all that he has been through in his young life, the impact that relationships had on his feelings of self worth. I just wish he could have seen beyond it. His innocence and kindness was something that obviously inspired many. Such a tremendous loss of a beautiful soul.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those grieving.

REC Networks statement on the death of Christopher Allen Brackner

On September 18, 2007, Christopher Allen Brackner ended his life in an apparent suicide.

Brackner was a frequent user of REC's property link removed and went by the username MewSkitty.

The entire REC family is deeply saddened by this tragic incident, especially in light of the multiple situations that led up to this.

While we understand and respect someone's decision to take their own life, we must do what we can to prevent these situations. Unfortunately we sometimes feel backed into a wall and feel that there is no alternative than to just end it all. Intervention in a way that is proactive but not intrusive is one of the best ways of handling situations like this.

Before you judge this situation, please read the following URLs that has information on Christopher's suicide:

(URLs removed due to site rules... See original post at link removed or link removed)

To the family. While we did not know Christopher personally other than that he participated in our forum, he was still a valued guest of the REC family and he will be missed. We send our condolences.

Michelle Eyre for

REC Networks

I just wanted to say one more thing before we let this thread go, and that is that i have been amazed by the sheer amount of posts on this thread in loving memory of Chris. I bet he wouldn't have gone if he had seen it. Chris is an example of the fragility of life. Energetic and full of life one minute, gone the next. So let us go forth and life life to the full, and keep Chris in mind as a great guy who we wish was still here. What we do have to take positively from this tragedy is the way that we have all come together here as a community. The way i have witnessed members supporting each other throughout the aftermath of Chris' suicide. This is a community where members grow close, and care for and support each other in an almost magical way. I am proud to be a part of this. Peace Xx

Gone Too Soon

Like A Comet

Blazing accross The

Evening Sky

Gone Too Soon

Like A Rainbow

Fading In The

Twinkling Of An Eye

Gone Too Soon

Shiny And Sparkly

And Splendidly Bright

Here One Day

Gone One Night

Like The Loss Of Sunlight

On A Cloudy Afternoon

Gone Too Soon

Like A Castle

Built Upon A Sandy Beach

Gone Too Soon

Like A Perfect Flower

That Is Just

Beyond Your Reach

Gone Too Soon

Born To Amuse, To

Inspire, To Delight

Here One Day

Gone One Night

Like A Sunset

Dying With The

Rising Of The Moon

Gone Too Soon

Gone Too Soon

by Michael Joseph Jackson

well put of only he could have known how much we all miss him, Christopher you where some thing, some thing to us, and that is missed buy us all.

Please any one reading this and thinking of ending there life, under stand that you are not nothing, you are some one known by meny, who will miss you, so if its just for I moment think on us who will be lift for ever thinking if only.

i am shocked and deeply saddened to hear about his passing.

I use to talk to him on AOL because he needed a friend... met him through ENA.

I remember he use to love powerpuff girls despite being too old for it... i teased him for watching it, but in a friendly way. He finally convinced me one day to download all the episodes for him.. it was so large it took forever to finish. PPG aside, he would always get excited when talking about Jesse, it definitely was the brightest moment in his day.

He never mentioned specifics, but I could tell that we lived in completely different worlds. I live in suburban America with all the opportunities in the world, and when he would mention his life - and the things that surrounded it - i knew that he was poor and mostly lonely. But I never measured him on where he came from, or the fact that he still liked cartoons... because he found so much happiness in this girl and it was the only level we could connect on, and that was just fine with me.

Chris, i'm sorry we stopped talking. things in my life got hard too and i had to disappear for a while... so sorry. i did eventually finish downloading powerpuff girls for you. i always did wonder how i was going to send it to you, i had no idea you were in kansas. you, know sometimes i wonder if it really is better to have loved and lost then not loved at all. but when i think about our conversations, you were always happiest when talking about Jesse - and i'm sorry it didn't work out and that i wasn't there to talk about it, but i'm glad that you experienced the most important thing in life before you decided to say your goodbyes. you can watch all the PPG you want now buddy, i won't make fun of you. i promise

I was in complete shock when I heard about Chris' passing. I had contact with him through AOL. We talked about the Powerpuff Girls a lot. I would always take joy in talking to him. It made me happy to talk to someone who liked the Powerpuff Girls as much as I did. He was such a nice person. I knew from the first day I talked to him, that he had a heart of gold.

When I found out that he commited suicide, my heart automatically sank. Tears clouded my eyes as I began to sob my eyes out. I kept saying to myself, "No, this isn't happening!" I was so crushed. My heart was beating so fast from all the stress. I didn't get to sleep until 4 in the morning.

I've been feeling better the past few days, but Chris' death will always sadden me. I will always remember him as one of my best friends. I give my sympathy to his family. I can only imagine the stress and anxiety they must be going through right now. Chris will never be forgotten. My memories of Chris will live on within my heart, forever.

I am glad you shared this with everyone, admin and mods. It's a very vivid demonstration of what a waste of a beautiful, brilliant person really is. Chris had overcome so much and had so much potential to contribute to the world.

This is a tragic loss for all of us.

• 1 month later...

I've read other posts before on sites where there was a suicide area.. That's too sad. It is always the sensitive kind-hearted ones who seem to kill themselves, never the despicable, heartless ones.

Cassie, I'm very sorry about your friend, that must be heartbreaking.

"This is heartbreaking. A friend hung himself a few weeks ago and I'm still reeling with agony and inability to comprehend what motivated those last precious moments."

Did anyone read the post from blackshirt on those printouts from the newspaper. Like there was a cover-up or something? Why is there an ongoing investigation, I wonder? Do the authorities think it could be something other than suicide...

I hate it that he felt there were no other options than to do away with himself. How awful for his family and friends...

you see, you all need to be careful what you post on the internet, cuz it definitely does affect someone's attitudes, feelings and behavior.

I have seen many a post on the internet, and here, also, where it was obvious that person really didn't read over what they posted before they hit the SEND key.

I've had my feelings hurt many a time on the internet too. People seem to think that just b/c they are sitting behind a monitor they can do no wrong.

I'm afraid the world in general has become a more insensitive place, as a rule, because of the internet. You can insult someone or put them down repeatedly, and there's really no consequence to you. It is totally different in real life though. It is a shame he even met up with that girl on the net, maybe he'd still be alive, who knows?

Archived