LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Heavily In Like with Silver Fox

Originally Posted by Batya33
    You want what you say you want -you make the time. The end. I had to do so to get to where I wanted to be. If you had all that time to chat/flirt/meet this guy you have time to network and be out there. Do volunteer work (like backstage at a local community theater or through your religious organization if you have one), find professional organizations (a plus, sometimes, if they are female networking groups), join a book club. Of course it's "so hard" -most of the goals we have that you describe are so hard to accomplish - divide into smaller, baby steps and commit to make certain changes with how you spend your time. I had to work my tail off for all my big goals. And I still work my tail off to maintain the goals I have and the lifestyle that works for me now and potentially that I want in the future. I think the hard work is worth it. Maybe you'll feel the same, maybe not -worst case is you've pushed yourself out of your comfort zone and grown more confident in general.
    Nothing worth having (and I guess that goes for everything) comes easy. I would like to but my schedule is so weird now. I used to be a part of professional groups but now I work swing and I'm off Sunday Mondays, the majority of the networking events I would like to attend happens when I'm at work. I don't get off til 9 PM, so I have to find a way to make things happen without organized groups unless I can find something that's available on my odd off days. I truly do appreciate the help. You have given me a lot to think about.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    I'll just repeat this ad nauseum because you are being groomed, my dear.
    I find it concerning that a much older man would be doing so via facebook. Just doesn't seem right somehow. I know you likely won't because you're already well on your way to being addicted to the attention he gives you but IF I were you, I would slowly start fading away so that you can rehab from this fluff he offers you (nothing romantic, remember) and be done with him.
    Slowly make my exit, keep it light. Meaning, ease up on my responses.. and don't be as available. I think I can do that. I just don't want it to seem abrupt. I'll do this to protect myself, it doesn't mean that I am any less attracted to him.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ConfusedLady21
    Nothing worth having (and I guess that goes for everything) comes easy. I would like to but my schedule is so weird now. I used to be a part of professional groups but now I work swing and I'm off Sunday Mondays, the majority of the networking events I would like to attend happens when I'm at work. I don't get off til 9 PM, so I have to find a way to make things happen without organized groups unless I can find something that's available on my odd off days. I truly do appreciate the help. You have given me a lot to think about.

If the most important thing is for you to work in your field and go to these networking groups and you are not currently in your field or where you want to be, you work on changing your days and you get to them. If you don't, then they are not important to you at this time. your current job is more important. I am not saying to quit, but work towards adjusting your schedule even if it takes months and even if you have to work a split shift. Sleeping or at least batting your eyes to the top is not the way to go.

And if you want to make connections that are not sexual, join LinkedIn -- do not add business people on facebook.

Platinum Member
    Then look harder. I get that you physically cannot be in two places at once. I have the same situation with my current schedule and lifestyle but I own up to not making things a priority that I used to in my past life. I think Linkedin is great (great suggestion you got) and yes try to set up one on one situations for now.

Slowly make my exit, keep it light. Meaning, ease up on my responses.. and don't be as available. I think I can do that. I just don't want it to seem abrupt. I'll do this to protect myself, it doesn't mean that I am any less attracted to him.
    No, not any less attracted to him but in time and with less interaction with him, you will lose the need to have him so involved in your life. Eventually you will even wonder why you were so enthralled. ;)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Give Advice
Ask For Advice