Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the most frustrating part of dating for you?

gregfloripa

Lightbulb What's the most frustrating part of dating for you?

Hey guys,

I'm curious what for you is the most frustrating part of dating or the part that you have the most problems with?

Also from a girl's perspective, what's the part that annoys you or you hate that guys do(or don't do) during dating, or at a first date, or even when they approach you?

For me the biggest problem in dating was always approaching a girl during the day. I would always get very nervous because I thought of a million things that could go wrong or that I would run out of things to say so I would talk myself out of it.

Now my biggest is long term relationships and knowing exactly what I actually want in a long term relationship and what type of girl I'd like to be with.

Would love to know what everyone else is dealing with and what you find difficult.

Thanks guys!

SoulTaker
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gregfloripa [Register to see the link]
    Hey guys,

I'm curious what for you is the most frustrating part of dating or the part that you have the most problems with?
    For men, it's usually about finding someone interesting in wanting to go out on a date with. With OLD, there are many fake, deceptive,... profiles. So, it's about getting to "first base". Once I'm on an actual date, things are fine.

reinventmyself
    For me, I don't like the whole exercise of dating!
    I am good on my own, I am good in (good) relationship.
    But the whole getting dressed and courting thing is exhausting.

And for what? . .I ask myself often.
    Most don't come to fruition for no other reason then not everyone is the right one.

But getting between here and there is just a whole lot of work at times.
    Often times Netflix or dinner with a good friend is just more appealing.
    Last edited by reinventmyself; 10-11-2017 at 07:03 PM.

4. Thanks mines, Cope, Liraele, Lisii thanked for this post
    GTR King
    Bronze Member
    I hate all the fake profiles, and when you chat to a girl they seem interested & give you their number then go cold after a few days....

6. Thanks LaHermes thanked for this post
    Batya33
    Platinum Member
    The most frustrating was the needle in a haystack feeling -I dated to find someone to marry and start a family with (once I was in my late teens/early 20s) and I found it frustrating to have all the dead ends - given all the time/effort I put into it.

katrina1980
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reinventmyself [Register to see the link]

But getting between here and there is just a whole lot of work at times.
    Often times Netflix or dinner with an good friend is just more appealing.
    You can say that again.

Sometimes, even staying home and reading an interesting book is more appealing!

9. Thanks reinventmyself, Lisii thanked for this post
    reinventmyself
    I read your questions again ~

`A woman loves a man with a plan'
    I love this saying.

Because of other experiences (not enough room) I get frustrated if a man asks me on a date and doesn't have some sort of plan. Anything!

Please don't pick me up for date and ask me what I want to do and then in turn I end up having to orchestrate it.
    If I invite you out, I promise I will have a plan. Please do the same

11. Thanks Lisii, Waraqqa thanked for this post
    WhiteLotus
    I'm married now, but the two things that really bothered me were:

1. People playing games. I am a pretty straightforward person, don't make me guess how you feel about me.

2. Guys always want sex on the first date. If that is what you're looking for, go on Fling or another site for that purpose. I never did the online dating thing so I am referring to going on dates with guys that I already knew from real life. And I'm not a prude, if the stars align and we both want something to happen, great! But it seems like so many guys would go on a date simply to get laid, they didn't want to put any work into the relationship first.

mustlovedogs
    I get frustrated with guys who can't or won't make conversation. They expect to be asked all the questions and don't reciprocate or help continue conversation at all.

SweetGirl28
    Bronze Member
    I get frustrated because I am picky.
    It is difficult for me to really connect.
    I need that spark, that attraction, that feel good high lol

And it's rare for anyone to actually be able to ignite that in me.
    If they do, I can lose my attraction easily.
    Partly because I am a single mom with a daughter, so I am quite cautious.

In my age group most everyone has baggage. When they speak of a crazy ex, I'm done.
    I don't want to be involved in any drama! They have a criminal history, done.
    They drink more than socially, done. Drugs. Done. Unmotivated, done. Too many exe's, done.
    Too many marraiges that ended, done. Hop from job to job, done. My list goes on..... Lol 😜

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top Threads
How does this happen?
There is a woman in my life, a co-worker. We’re friends, but not that close. This woman is amazing. Beautiful, kind, artistic, intelligent. We grew
Is he playing me?
I posted earlier about him. He works in the same building. He joined few weeks ago. Asked me a few times to go for a drink and I finally agreed. We
What's the most frustrating part of dating for you?
Hey guys, I'm curious what for you is the most frustrating part of dating or the part that you have the most problems with? Also from a girl's
Feeling A Bit Shallow Today. :(
Guys, you've been helping me a lot lately so here's one more, if you can. Last night I went to a single's event in my city, and got chatting with
How do we get through this?
My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost four years. He has been incredible and stepped up to the plate with my nine year old daughter. We also
Her wandering eye
I'm a 26 year old guy. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 8 months now. There have been ups and downs but it has been mostly good. One
Girl said, "I don't know what I want."... Is this rejection?
Backstory: Been casually dating for six months now and have yet to find a woman who I honestly felt I could form a relationship with. I met a young

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice