My husband told me the most beautiful thing

As many people know because of the way my husband was raised he is not a very sympathetic or empathetic person. He astounded me today by tell me the best thing I have ever heard in my life. He told me he wants to have a session with my counselor so he can understand how to understand how I feel about being molested and raped when I was small. He also wants to have suggestions on how to help and support me. I AM OVER THE MOON. I am being repaid for the over 20 years I supported him through his severe anxiety and OCD issues.

I am SO SO SO happy. There is no way he could be of greater help to me than that. I was just in tears of joy.

He has become the man I always knew he could be.

As many people know because of the way my husband was raised he is not a very sympathetic or empathetic person. He astounded me today by tell me the best thing I have ever heard in my life. He told me he wants to have a session with my counselor so he can understand how to understand how I feel about being molested and raped when I was small. He also wants to have suggestions on how to help and support me. I AM OVER THE MOON. I am being repaid for the over 20 years I supported him through his severe anxiety and OCD issues.

I am SO SO SO happy. There is no way he could be of greater help to me than that. I was just in tears of joy.

He has become the man I always knew he could be.

Thats great news but I don't seem to understand why he needs to understand how YOU feel through SOMEONE ELSE, wouldn't it be best coming from the source which is yourself?

Who we are is defined by our capacity to love and in the end this was mum’s final gift to us, to expand our capacity to love, to stay in the broken open place, soft and tender rather than constricted, or defended or running for the door, we learned to stay, just like she stayed through her marriage and our up brining with arms and heart wide open to take it all in. Mum was a women with an enormous capacity for love.

Vic66 ---- this was from my mums eulogy --- but it will be said of you as well.

Who we are is defined by our capacity to love and in the end this was mum’s final gift to us, to expand our capacity to love, to stay in the broken open place, soft and tender rather than constricted, or defended or running for the door, we learned to stay, just like she stayed through her marriage and our up brining with arms and heart wide open to take it all in. Mum was a women with an enormous capacity for love.

Vic66 ---- this was from my mums eulogy --- but it will be said of you as well.

Oh wow, thank you. You do me a great great honour. Thank you.

Archived