My husband told me the most beautiful thing

I am very happy for you, Victoria! You have grown so much recently, and apparently your husband wants to grow with you.

It really is an exciting time Miss F! I am pretty happy and content. We even have replaced almost all our furniture and appliances and in the past he's always been quite miserly. He is just becoming a completely different person without his family's influence. I think some of it is due to the fact too that I am changing and becoming different.

What he is expressing is pure true love. True love for me ,for his son and for our lives together. There is nothing more precious. I know I'm truly loved and cared for.

It takes a lot of guts to go to counseling and find ways to cope or handle an issue that is affecting your relationship with another person. Sounds like he finally figured it out

Well he has had TONS of counseling over the past 15 years. Now it is ME in counseling for my sexual abuse. He wants to be able to understand how I feel and what he can do to be supportive of me. That is HUGE for him. Before he always ignored the fact that because he did not know how to deal with it. I am glad now he does want to support me. He is making a very very concerted effort to be caring and empathetic. He is like night and day since the summer. I think when he saw me crash huge that scared him.He knew he was going to have to be supportive too, not just take support. So, yes I guess that is getting therapy to learn how to be a more effective partner. And, yes, thankfully he has figured this out. We are both being courageous. Me to take a handle on my own issues and my husband to learn how to be supportive of that.

Thank you for your support too.

That's great, Victoria66, I'm happy for you. We are all walking wounded to a different degree. I'm glad you found a good person - someone to hold, who will hold you back.

Thank you so much. Yes, we are all waking wounded in some respects, but we can walk on and hold each other up.

Archived