THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you will hear a song when you are with your partner, totally head over heals in love, although this might be a song you are fond of it usually apeals to you diffrently then, Just heard Clapton's "Old love" on the way back from the movies, always loved that song but my attention was more towards the melody, musicality, Clapton's awesome voice and guitar playin' on the song. Not so much this time, this time it was like a totally diffrent feel I felt his emotions through the content of his lyrics and it really hit close to home, it was like a totally diffrent song to me. Obviously Clapton is referring to still being infatuated with an ex lover, and is upset that he cant get over this person "I can feel your body, when Im lyin' in my bed, theres too much confusion, goin' round through my head, and its makin' me so angry, to know that the flame still burns."

Ok, I broke NC tonight after a party that my ex did NOT say hi to me. He avoided me, like I said before. He was with his new gf.

Very stupidly I texted him after 34 days of NC:

"I never imagined that one day you wouldn't say hello to me in public. The G I know would have made a joke out of this situation and come out with great confidence. I felt humiliated that you didn't even look at me in the eyes to say hi or wave at me. There is clearly no more respect or consideration between us. We've become those exes that pretend they don't know eachother in public"

3 hours later he actually replied. I was NOT expecting a reply at all.

"M, you did not come up to me or said hi... You stood there looking at me for a long while and didn't wave or signaled... You passed by me and you could very well have stopped to say hello... the situation is a bit weird, but it's life... we have to get used to it. Next time, BOTH of us can act differently... Good night. Kisses."

Oh, great, it's my fault now. Am not replying and thanks for the good night and kisses bastard, NOT.

I hate myself for breaking NC.

Not too bad at the moment. Friday was terrible but then had a great night out on Saturday (although not without it's frustrations, see thread in Attraction). Off to sweden for a long weekend so looking forward to that. Interest in other girls back, signal radar kinda working, confidence not there yet. But things are progressing slowly for now

Day 3

Was determined to keep no contact and not answer his calls. He called my work number on Friday. I have no choice but to answer because I can't have managers walking by and the phone ringing. This has been a really tough morning. Did a lot of thinking this weekend and I know just what I have to say to him and what I have to do. Have to tell him that he has to leave me alone because it just hurts too much. Feel so pathetic that I've been willing to let him treat me this way and know that it is my fault for not speaking up long ago, but just felt that when he started calling again that maybe there was hope. I realize that holding onto that hope is not allowing me to on in anyway. So feeling so sad that I have to finally close the chapter in that book. Didn't help that I dreamt about him last night....then it takes those few seconds after I wake up to realize that it was only a dream and things are just the way they were when I fell asleep last night.

I'm back to Day 1. Yay me. Well, I don't feel half as bad as my first Day 1 over a month ago, which it's a good thing I guess.

At least today I woke up feeling a little better, well probably because my ex replied to my text at least you know? However, I also feel like acceptance that we are over is starting to slowly get in my head.

To put it bluntly, I'm a student haha.

Maxed out overdraft (wouldn't give me an extension despite the fact I'm only at third of the advertised maximum). Got a grand total of £37 to my name now. Irony is I've got a job lined up that I do every year, end of May till mid September where I can repay what I owe in a month of that work.

its really over this time.

Coco, nothing in life is certain except death, not tryin' to be too morbid, but things come to us when we least expect them, perhaps 1 or 2 years down the road you will be happier with your life then you ever were, time is your friend and be realistic, just keep that hope on the sideline, always ready to get thrown into the game but not holdin' too much certainty in this

I feel guilty, cos I got bailed out of my financial woes, and also uneasy cos I heard my ex's voice in my head. Not letting it get me down, but oh how I miss that squeaky little voice of hers.

Someone, and I don't want to speculate, has been keeping pretty close tabs on my activities via a certain social networking site. I'm not giving anything away, like a ghost in a library I'm silent and mysterious. End terrible simile.

Day 31

Another day, same s**t! I was thinking today whether my ex thinks about me or even misses me? My memories of her are much less painful than they use to be but I still think about her. I have no desire to contact her but I am forcing myself not to look her up on Facebook. I have to keep telling myself what good would that do me? I will give it another 30-60 days till she contacts me again and when she does ENA will be the first to hear about it!

I'm post crazy today but that was hell.

So she IM'd me. I totally wasn't expecting it cos she's not the type of girl that goes online, ever really. No surprises she asked me how I was, I lied and said I was fine, she told me she was depressed (over uni stuff) and it was the usual chit chat about what we've been up to etc.

Managed to keep my cool, didn't give a lot of chat or information. She's either signed off now or has been disconnected (unreliable connection at her place). I'm hoping its the former. Was not expecting that today. I actually feel physically sick and have only just stopped shaking. That can't be healthy right?

Hi super dave,

i'm a new member and i'm soooo in this challenge!

I dumped my ex 5 months ago, around those times he contacted me almost everyday. And make me assumed that he was interested in us getting back together (by that time i was thinking we should be back together or not). Until last month he told me has new gf and minimize his phone calls and text msg to me.

Aarrrggghh.........I feel like i've screwed up. I want him back but I want him to want me.

I won't be the one who's chasing.

So i make a commitment to my self by joining your challenge that I won't contact him or check him on FB (i know his password ). Unless he contact me first.....

I'm a believer in NC/LC after I unintentionally started it a few weeks ago.

Too bad I couldn't post on here since Day 1.

So here goes!

Week 5/Day 45-

For the first time ever, I thought my ex was looking kind of gross and ugly today when I saw him. It looked like he hadn't showered in days or was drugged up