THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few hours left of day 2.

I'm hurting pretty bad right now. Today is the first day he hasn't tried to call me at all. I always knew I was 'hanging on to the edge of the rope he was holding' our entire relationship, but I guess I hoped maybe, just maybe, he'd try to call me begging me to come back and that he can't live without me, like he's told me over and over again "I could never live without you in my life!" I knew he'd have no problem and that it was all just talk that he knew I'd want to hear.

I know with out a doubt he is totally fine and going about his day without a problem, and actually having a grand time knowing he doesn't have to call me tonight. I guess that's half of my hurt, knowing he could give a s**t as to what I'm doing, how I'm doing, or if I'm even alive!

Nearly 5 years of daily conversations, hours long, and then POOF! Nothing!

Incredible how a person can be so cold!

Dana

Day 4 - Had a really bad day today. I found out my would have been roommate next year, isn't going to be my roommate anymore. Grr. I almost caved today to ask him if he would still be able to drive me to and from our college on our breaks next year, but figured it can wait. Besides it's only been 4 days... Whatever. A part of me almost wants him to date someone else. To get it out of his system and maybe realize what he had. I actually thing that if we were ever to get back together, we would both have to date other people. Seeing as how we never really got the chance to date others since we were together for so long. I'm feeling better about the friend thing. Someday, without a doubt, I know it'll be happen. It should be nice. I need a good shoulder to lean on when I get homesick at school. I know he'll be there for me, in a strictly friend way. And that's ok with me. As long as he's there for me every now and then when I need a reminder that there are people that care about me, even just a little bit. Poor boy. I know he's hurting, I wish I could make it better. I've got enough hurt on my shoulders though. Such a sad thing to have happened to us :sad:

Day 3. I was feeling pretty damn good. Then I had to go and dream about him last night. Very cliche dream to have - about us getting back together. Argh! But I also dreamt something weird about a haunted elevator and the ghost was a little boy calling out for his "Papa".

I do tend to have weird dreams though... so I was glad it wasn't all about the ex!

Felt * * * * ty so I deleted him off my MSN and blocked him on facebook.

*sigh*

Just keep telling yourself it's for the best, Nayamaus....

Less than an hour after I blocked him I got an email from him.

"Hi,

It makes me pretty sad you blocked me on facebook. I wish you wouldn't

decide to hate me but I guess I have no say in that."

I don't hate him. But I don't wanna break NC just to tell him that. WHAT do i do?? *sigh*

Less than an hour after I blocked him I got an email from him.

"Hi,

It makes me pretty sad you blocked me on facebook. I wish you wouldn't

decide to hate me but I guess I have no say in that."

I don't hate him. But I don't wanna break NC just to tell him that. WHAT do i do?? *sigh*

Hi Nayamaus,

I've been following your story and I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I know how tough it is.

I know that you still love him, but in this situation you should not respond to his message. It isn't that you hate him...it is that you want to heal. Blocking him on MSN and facebook is the first step and you're doing great! If he's noticed those small steps already, then maybe he'll miss you after sometime and come crawling back...but don't boost his ego by responding. Just stop talking to him until he indicates he wants to get back together.

Good luck.

Hi Nayamaus,

I've been following your story and I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I know how tough it is.

I know that you still love him, but in this situation you should not respond to his message. It isn't that you hate him...it is that you want to heal. Blocking him on MSN and facebook is the first step and you're doing great! If he's noticed those small steps already, then maybe he'll miss you after sometime and come crawling back...but don't boost his ego by responding. Just stop talking to him until he indicates he wants to get back together.

Good luck.

Crap! I just responded to him because in my other thread I started about this email he sent, the other posters seemed to think a short reply explaining why was in order. Anyways I replied to his email with:

"I didn't block you on Facebook because I hate you.

It's just something I feel I have to do."

I guess it's back to Day 1 of NC for me!!

Thanks JohnGalt. Good luck to you too - NC will slowly but surely help us through this

Day 2

He called the other night and before you know it I'm answering the phone. It's just so automatic that I can't stop myself. I am proud of myself however. He wanted to stop by and I know why but I said no. First time I have ever done that to him and I"m sure he was totally shocked. I'm done acting like a puppy who licks up the leftovers that he throws my way. So I may have broken no contact but in this case I think the results were probably better than not answering. So I'll be ignoring his calls for a while and then will finally tell him that if this is all he has to offer me then he needs to move on and leave me alone.

I mean really....he thinks he's going to stop by whenever he gets the urge to have sex with me but without a relationship. Then as far as I'm concerned he can go pay for it.

Feeling a little better today, of course went out with friends and got pretty tanked last night so I think I'm still feeling the effects of the wine. But it was good to go out and laugh. Have plans for tonight and tomorrow night. Helps to stay busy and having things to look forward to.

Day 7

Right, I'm angry. But its because today, for NO reason, I'm in a fantastic mood. I feel hyperactive, sociable, and just full of new vitality. The only positive thing to happen today however is a presentation I had to give, relief I suppose. Who knows. But it annoys me that I can flip between two extremes over the course of one night!

8 months post break-up and after several countless attempts at NC (ex contacted me, i kept answering) i'm at day 9 NC that i am 100% committed to this time. doubt he'll contact me again after i sent a nasty email to him to leave me alone i haven't felt so sad/depressed since the first couple months after the break-up. god help me....