• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning~so what'd I miss. I forgot how fat our cat was. I got her this weekend. Craig (the 17 year old) brought her to me. Her name is Mary Jane (uh huh...lol) I'll be referringto her fat spoild funny heiness as MJ from here on out though...lol. It was nice to have her. The ex is really leaving to go shack up with some bloke at the beach this week~I'm thinking this may be a rough one. Lastnight I just worked out, drink a few margaritas and hung out with the cat. I'm ready to quit bawling like a baby every 3 hours too. I'm getting on my own nerves about it. I keep telling myself to suck it up she was no good for me. (and she wasn't) But I loved her just the same and it's all part of the process. ***sigh**** Oh well, at least I don't have to miss the cat anymore...

Baby steps Lone...

I know what you mean about getting annoyed with yourself - it gets to the point that it just gets so old that you get bored with it. I've been doing pretty well recently but this weekend I decided to stay in by myself - In the past 3 months since my split I've hardly spent a night in by myself. So I thought I should stay home and take stock of all that's gone on in my life in the past few months.

- Girlfiend (misspelt on purpose) splits up with me by email - WILL NOT leave me the hell alone to get over it.

- An ex from years ago that I've become good friends with in the last year (even though when we were together for three years she cheated on me and screwed me out of a load of money) made a move on me!

Unbelievable, I went for a drink with her after I helped her current boyfriend box up all of her recently deceased mother's belongings and then boom... she's all over me... all very weird especially considering how nice her boyfriend is.

- I was in a car accident that left me with a grade 4 concussion, severely lacerated arms and 2 broken ribs.

- A friend of mine selfishly decided to kill himself

- My favourite aunt has been moved to a hospice after discovering she had terminal cancer.

So yeah, quite a crappy couple of months. So I took stock as planned and cried like a new born... And as you say Lone, you get to the point where you look at yourself in the mirror and say - aren't you bored of this yet? And yes, I am. It helped though as I now know for certain that my ex wasn't good enough for me - seriously, she's not in my league as a person! But alas I do still love her but I'm not thinking about getting back together with her anymore, not at all so that's got to be a good thing.

Wow, that kinda turned into a rant....

Anyway Lone, next margarita's on me.

hey there u guys, ive been reading your posts for a while now they usually put a smile on my sad face.,ive not posted myself though, only to john a few times as we joined the same time..Im at a crossroads myself at the moment ive opened a new thread but doesnt look promising lol..i was wondering if any of you old experts can give me any advice,my threads not far from yours in this section, any encouraging words would be greatly appreciated.

thanks kath

ps keep up with the entertainment its very refreshing !!

Camber, Z~good to hear from you.

Camber I get that, my ex was high maintance and drama queen...it was always something...always..but those good times we had (and we did have them) kick my a** when I think about them.

And that still feel resposibe thing, yeah, I do. I see her messing up and I just want to fix it, and it's not my job anymore, h*ll I guess it never was.

What is it about love anyway???!!*hit.

You're right MJ is great for company~and she is the boss~she thinks she owns the place already~~~

Z~wow, you have had a h*ll of a few months. You doing great man, you

are. I see you helping allot of people around here, talking them through thats the thing. Glad to see you dropped in again on "DWN I G" Keep posting here,

it's a great group. Rant on, some of us our famous for it! Feels like it's the only thing that keeps us same sometimes.

TGC~ (take good care)

Lone

I try not to think of the good times with my ex since there were so many..Alot of 1 year 'anniversarys' of great times we had coming up too..Its hard to accept reality I know...But I no longer feel responsible for her. In my case its probably the distance that did that since I have not seen her since Summer or will I ever again.

Hey Lone - want a laugh? wrap tin foil on MJs feet and watch how annoyed she gets trying to walk on the kitchen floor!!!

I know, I know, not nice!

Or even better, attach tiny mop heads to MJ's feet and watch her skate around the kitchen floor whilst simultaneously cleaning it - it's fun and practical!

Thanks for the words there Lone, you've been a great help to me.

Camber~I'm so doing that! Oh she's not going to speak to me for a week!

I'll let you know tomorrow...to funny!

Last night she got annoyed because I wanted sleep on my own pillow~looking

back now at the moment, I do see the error of my ways. How selfish of me.

Desert~I forgot to tell you I agree with PV and DYT, that stuff with the women you are talking about~those are friend ladies, they just aren't the right match for you to date, but there are allot of women out there who

are looking to be with a guy who really can get into them and who wants

to treat them right. You need to relax about it. Enjoy the guy stuff for a while. Before you know it some hottie will be turnin off the game cause it's

time to go visit Aunt Margaret and you promised you'd go this time!

(I wonder what MJ is doing right now, good thing I don't have plants yet~

or, a fish)

Kath123~

Welcome, so glad you have been checking in on us for time to time.

As you can see, we are a pretty good bunch to hang around if you need shoulder, or sometimes even a laugh. I hope you have started your healing process~healing is a wonderful journey.

Read often, post more.

Take Good Care~

Lone

Hello my Friends, I hope you weekend was tolerable and that you’re doing OK.

My weekend for the most part was OK. I kept busy (which always helps).

I have been looking back at all of our threads & postings, and it’s amazing to me how far we ALL have come. It’s not to say that we don’t have a long road ahead but knowing that each day, we ARE improving on some level is in my opinion “inspiring”

LONE, you mentioned that you have a hard time coming up next weekend, I’m sorry to hear that – It’s another bump on this long road to recovery, and I have no doubts that you will be able to overcome it. As always, we are here for your support.

Kath, Please feel free to post on this thread, I know your situation because we have PM’ed a few time in support. Explain it to the group or link it if you have already posted it somewhere, that way everyone here can get a better understanding. I have to say there are a lot of smart people on this thread with some great advice and encouraging words.

Post away!

Love you guys 

John

Camber~ I went out to my closest friends (they are more like family)

We had a party, and a bonfire and ate (you'll love this Mangotti's ~pronounced man-o-got's ..they are Italian..really sicillan italian..3 generaltions...LOUD..lol) Drank allot of beer and had a party for my 40th.

It was fantastic. I had a blast.

Z~I'll try the mops next week, when she's forgets about the alum. foil!

Now where can i get little mops, hey how about old toothbrushes!? lol

Hey John, Good morning.

Thanks for the uplift. Good point of view.

You are very right, her move to the beach it's just another move toward closure. I think maybe it

is just the anticaption of pain that is bothering me, every step so far, although some worse than other, as cuased me either pain or discomfort at the very least. The dam*ed unknown too...no thats another butt kicker.

I do like that posting also creates a "journal" of sorts. It gives us something to

reference.