Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here! (part two)

boltnrun

20 hours ago, boltnrun said:

My other "drop a happy thought" topic vanished so I'm starting this again.  I feel like I need this (and maybe others do too).   Anyone want to join in?  Pics of dogs, cats, other pets or nature would be nice to see.  Or just some positive quotes or memes or thoughts.

So I'll start:  

Here are some pics from my walk this morning.  It's really hard for me to focus on trivia when I am lucky enough to live this lifestyle.  I do know I'm so fortunate.  I was planning to stay in and watch football all day, but it's such a beautiful day I felt it would be almost criminal to not go out and enjoy it.  I'm home now watching football LOL but I was out there for a little over an hour.

Ocean view from the bluff.  I literally live across the street.

1464961346_beautifulday.thumb.jpg.c13cec14dc94d2a87576fcd65f486f85.jpg

Yoga in the park.  They do this for free every weekend.  I don't participate but it's very popular (as you all can see, this is only about 1/3 of the participants).

yoga.thumb.jpg.62ef31ad3f3ed721a28b67449c6546b7.jpg

little clues you've shared, I often suspected we were neighbors.  This confirms it!   

@mical, are you in Eastern Europe? Perhaps Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary or Croatia?

I ask because I watch YouTube videos posted by a man who just recently traveled through that area. Some of your photos look like areas he showcased.

Absolutely beautiful architecture, BTW. I love architecture.

7 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

@mical, are you in Eastern Europe? Perhaps Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary or Croatia?

I ask because I watch YouTube videos posted by a man who just recently traveled through that area. Some of your photos look like areas he showcased.

Absolutely beautiful architecture, BTW. I love architecture.

I think it's Prague.

I can tell approximately where you are (the state I think)

I can't identify where Ms is. This landscape could be anywhere.

Cool photos.

The pictures with the views are in Vienna, Austria at this nice restaurant —>https://www.oceansky.at The view was priceless.

The other is in Prague at the Old Town and also the view is from the castle area called Hradcany.

The little town in the forest is a beautiful place called Mariánské Lázně on the boarder of Germany. Not many people know about it, but Its super nice and property is maybe 1/3 the price of Germany. 

3 minutes ago, mical said:

The pictures with the views are in Vienna, Austria at this nice restaurant —>https://www.oceansky.at The view is priceless.

The other is in Prague at the Old Town and also the view is from the castle area called Hradcany.

The little town in the forest is a beautiful place called Mariánské Lázně   on the boarder of Germany. Its super nice and property is maybe 1/3 the price of Germany. 

Ah, OK. This YouTuber also traveled through those areas as well. He's been so many beautiful places it's hard to keep track!

I would love to visit Eastern Europe but sadly I suffer from extreme motion sickness. I can't be on an airplane for more than an hour or two at most. Breaking up the trip into two hour flights would be inconvenient and expensive.

44 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Ah, OK. This YouTuber also traveled through those areas as well. He's been so many beautiful places it's hard to keep track!

I would love to visit Eastern Europe but sadly I suffer from extreme motion sickness. I can't be on an airplane for more than an hour or two at most. Breaking up the trip into two hour flights would be inconvenient and expensive.

Yeah I don’t like flying either. Most of these places can be reached by train and I noticed recently on www.Skyscanner.net there are some flights now for 12 €…  

Just now, mical said:

Yeah I don’t like flying either. Most of these places can be reached by train and I noticed recently on www.Skyscanner.net there are some flights now for 12 €…  

Unfortunately I'm coming from the US so I would definitely have to fly. And ocean travel is out too, due to my motion sickness.

It's OK. I will just have to make do with traveling via car or train. There are lots of places I'd like to see that can be reached via road or rail. I actually love train travel. Once I feel comfortable traveling again (post Covid) a train trip will definitely happen.

• Like 1
On 1/30/2022 at 8:46 PM, boltnrun said:

My other "drop a happy thought" topic vanished so I'm starting this again.  I feel like I need this (and maybe others do too).   Anyone want to join in?  Pics of dogs, cats, other pets or nature would be nice to see.  Or just some positive quotes or memes or thoughts.

So I'll start:  

Here are some pics from my walk this morning.  It's really hard for me to focus on trivia when I am lucky enough to live this lifestyle.  I do know I'm so fortunate.  I was planning to stay in and watch football all day, but it's such a beautiful day I felt it would be almost criminal to not go out and enjoy it.  I'm home now watching football LOL but I was out there for a little over an hour.

Ocean view from the bluff.  I literally live across the street.

1464961346_beautifulday.thumb.jpg.c13cec14dc94d2a87576fcd65f486f85.jpg

Yoga in the park.  They do this for free every weekend.  I don't participate but it's very popular (as you all can see, this is only about 1/3 of the participants).

yoga.thumb.jpg.62ef31ad3f3ed721a28b67449c6546b7.jpg

Fab idea for a thread bolt! 

I am always broody and moody so am not qualified to contribute here to this merry dance of gratitude 😂 but I can lurk and enjoy right?!

Awesome photos x

For some reason I slept really poorly last night. I think it might be due to the extreme heat wave we just started having. For the next week or so it's going to be in the 80s.

I'm skipping my walk today because I have errands to run after work. But I'll be outside after work as many days this week as I can manage enjoying the warm sun.

Oh, and I'm getting some color on my face and arms and legs. I didn't go outside at all in 2020 so I was pasty white. Last summer got out a bit more. I'd like to be nice and tan this summer.