Jump to content

Open Club  ·  63 members

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here! (part two)


boltnrun
 Share

Recommended Posts

Oh glorious day! I FINALLY was able to sleep last night after over a week of awful insomnia.

The temperature went down 15 degrees yesterday and another 10 degrees today. Which meant I grabbed a throw to put over me at 4 am because I was actually cold.

Now that I know for sure that heat triggers insomnia I can try to plan for the next heat wave. Which will probably be next week 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2022 at 8:47 AM, reinventmyself said:

little clues you've shared, I often suspected we were neighbors.  This confirms it!   

I realized we actually can't be neighbors. You mentioned in your journal about working on a horse property. There aren't any horse properties anywhere near where I live. But I'm sure it's nice to be able to be near animals and be outdoors. I used to work somewhere that had animals and was outdoors and I loved it.

I wanted to go for a walk after work now that I got a good night's sleep but it's windy AF. Not sure I want to be blown around lol. I can always go tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I realized we actually can't be neighbors. You mentioned in your journal about working on a horse property. There aren't any horse properties anywhere near where I live. But I'm sure it's nice to be able to be near animals and be outdoors. I used to work somewhere that had animals and was outdoors and I loved it.

I wanted to go for a walk after work now that I got a good night's sleep but it's windy AF. Not sure I want to be blown around lol. I can always go tomorrow.

its north of both of us along the riverbed.  If you blink, you'll miss it.  Neighboring town.  I don't live in your city, but had for 20plus years.  I am in a town just south of the county line.  But still a stone's throw away.  I still consider your town my home

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, reinventmyself said:

its north of both of us along the riverbed.  If you blink, you'll miss it.  Neighboring town.  I don't live in your city, but had for 20plus years.  I am in a town just south of the county line.  But still a stone's throw away.  I still consider your town my home

 

So maybe where there is still some farmland? I think I might know where you're referring to. I didn't know there were horse properties in that area.

I've only lived here for just under two years but I love it. So much to do. Once this gosh darned pandemic is under better control I will be doing a lot more exploring the shops, restaurants and bars. 

There was a crazy wind/lightning/thunder/rainstorm last night. Only lasted about an hour but it was pretty epic. I could see both sheet and fork lightning from my window. I loved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

So maybe where there is still some farmland? I think I might know where you're referring to. I didn't know there were horse properties in that area.

I've only lived here for just under two years but I love it. So much to do. Once this gosh darned pandemic is under better control I will be doing a lot more exploring the shops, restaurants and bars. 

There was a crazy wind/lightning/thunder/rainstorm last night. Only lasted about an hour but it was pretty epic. I could see both sheet and fork lightning from my window. I loved it.

Epic is a good word!  The first flash of lightening got me out of my chair.  I thought a transformer blew or something.  My entire living room lit up!

It's not really farmland.  Just some unincorporated land along the riverbed. 19 acres to be exact.  The city wants the land back.  It's a long story . . But driving in there and seeing it goes so far back, you do really feel transported out of the city.  I was around horses as a kid and always promised myself I would get one as an adult.  But between the costs and limited to 19 acres, surrounded by the track homes and riverbeds that attract the homeless and undesirables, they only way I would really justify it is I could trailer the horse off property and travel to trails elsewhere.  But that just adds to the cost.   

I absolutely love where you live.  It's so diverse and interesting.  So much to do.  I lived in the little beach community (that will go unnamed) in a studio apartment in my early 20s. So did most of my friends.  Good times, crazy memories.  I ended up raising my family across the street from university.  I regret selling the home in the divorce but was still able to move just a few minutes away from there.

Edited by reinventmyself
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, reinventmyself said:

Epic is a good word!  The first flash of lightening got me out of my chair.  I thought a transformer blew or something.  My entire living room lit up!

It's not really farmland.  Just some unincorporated land along the riverbed. 19 acres to be exact.  The city wants the land back.  It's a long story . . But driving in there and seeing it goes so far back, you do really feel transported out of the city.  I was around horses as a kid and always promised myself I would get one as an adult.  But between the costs and limited to 19 acres, surrounded by the track homes and riverbeds that attract the homeless and undesirables, they only way I would really justify it is I could trailer the horse off property and travel to trails elsewhere.  But that just adds to the cost.   

I absolutely love where you live.  It's so diverse and interesting.  So much to do.  I lived in the little beach community (that will go unnamed) in a studio apartment in my early 20s. So did most of my friends.  Good times, crazy memories.  I ended up raising my family across the street from university.  I regret selling the home in the divorce but was still able to move just a few minutes away from there.

It’s wild you guys are so close! 
 

What are the odds! You should meet up!

 

So cool!

 

X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, greendots said:

Best feeling ever—when your neighbour blasts Pearl Jam at full volume in their car. 😁

My friends and I were walking down the street the other day and someone rode past on a bike blasting ABBA. I started singing along. It was awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, greendots said:

Playing board games and eating homebaked chocolate chip cookies! Oooh what a joyous feeling! 😍

I love chocolate chip cookies, so I baked some last week.  Ate two dozen over the course of a week.  And ended up with a massive zit breakout on my chin 😞

On a lighter note, here's one example of the many beautiful historical buildings in my neighborhood.  This one was built in the early 1920s.

regis.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...