Help deciding whether or not to break up with my girlfriend

Edan

I have been dating a girl for about half a year, and lately I have been wondering whether the relationship between us is healthy and if it should go on.

The reasons why I think I should breakup are:
1. I feel that I am attracted to other girls more than to her
2. We don't have enough things in common. We like different music\series\movies\food\books\...
We also have different taste in things.
3. We have different lifestyles,
I am an engineer, I like to read books, learn things, I always look for ways to improve my life and have a better future.
and she spends most of her time with friends, or watching TV, or just spending time doing nothing at home.
4. Sometimes I feel she is needy

The reasons why I think I should keep the relationship:
1. She is really a very good person, she cares about me, and loves me too much
2. I feel she is very loyal to me

On one hand, I feel I should breakup, on the other hand, I am afraid to regret this.

I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Edan said:

I have been dating a girl for about half a year
1. I feel that I am attracted to other girls more than to her
2. We don't have enough things in common. 
3. We have different lifestyles,
4. Sometimes I feel she is needy

Yes. 6 mos dating is precisely to see if you are a good fit and compatible and in this case, you're not.

Be kind and don't string her along. Just end it diplomatically with an "it's me, not you" type reason, because it is you. You're restless and dissatisfied.

• Like 2

Usually when we feel attracted to the person its not just physical look. Its the number of things you said like things in common, same lyfestyle etc. You dont have any of that aside that she is being nice and loyal. So is the puppy. If you want that, buy a puppy. But for a relationship you need somebody compatible. You see now that you arent that. Which makes me wonder why you even entered that relationship in the first place when you seem to have nothing in common. 

15 hours ago, Edan said:

The reasons why I think I should keep the relationship:
1. She is really a very good person, she cares about me, and loves me too much
2. I feel she is very loyal to me

Notice you say nothing about how you feel about her

That's how you know it's time to end it. She's really into you, but you're not that into her. And that's not a critique against you, but you have realized that the interest and desire just isn't mutual. It's time to respectfully go your separate ways. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...