Ladies, thoughts on possible interest from woman at restaurant?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Jon said:

More of the 'sweet' type than ***ty IMO, but all in proper context. 

Of course. The 'girl-next-door' is a much better marketing tool than the run of the mill sleazy hussy.

...And of course you only go when your guy friends drag you at gunpoint. Said you and every other dude in there, especially to their wives/GFs

• Haha 2
Just now, boltnrun said:

I live in the US and I've never seen a topless restaurant. Scantily clad, yes. Topless, no. Unless it's a strip club where you get to pay $30 for a day old pizza or some gummy wings.

Allegedly Hooters has excellent wings. But their waitresses wear tops. Tiny tops, but tops nonetheless.

This is certainly not a topless place.  Actually, believe me or not, even if something were to happen, if she turns out to be skanky, I am out.  This is already a fine line for me.  I don't do strip clubs, I don't touch strippers, and I don't hire hookers.  Bout the time this woman throws me a "pay to play" angle, she will get a different me.  She just seems different (good) to me, but anymore, I tend to stand on the side of caution regarding any sort of relation.  

1 minute ago, LaHermes said:

Well, certainly in the U.K. for as long as I can remember. I was in one for the first time when I was a student working a holiday job in London. And that wasn't yesterday lol. 

And fairly common in continental countries. Certainly maybe not in every little town but in the cities for sure. 

Ah, maybe that's it. I am not in the UK nor the USA. 

If you mean continental Europe, I can vouch for the fact that the city where I live (and it's a major contiental European city) definitely does not have such places, either. The locals would turn over in their graves at the audacity!  Probably more common in other Euro countries, but certainly not this one. 

In any case, OP, I think you need to just consider her as doing her job. Their marketing is clever and "comping" a meal for someone who might become a regular is a fairly common strategy. Keeps the customer coming back. It's working. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Jon said:

I am not sure if you frequent these types of places or not.  I would not say I seek them out but sometimes tag along with guy friends.  I think this one girl just threw me a bit and I am not easy to rattle.  More of the 'sweet' type than ***ty IMO, but all in proper context.  I'd probably be a bit more forward with her if not for this type of place.  

Yeah I do frequent these places and that's why I'm saying she is actually hitting on you and not just for tips.

If you like her and are interested, ask her out - coffee, meet for dinner, whatever. You can keep it light. If you aren't really into her, then it doesn't matter. Do nothing.

• Like 1

Thanks, @LaHermes, but I figure if I want to see breasts I can take my top off and look at mine for free lol. They're not perfect but at least I wouldn't have to buy an overpriced, watered down drink.

I have heard of topless coffee joints in other countries but that seems to me to be asking for a dangerous accident to happen. 

Anyway...OP, of course she acts "sweet". In most restaurants the waitresses are trying NOT to get hit on by customers. In this case it's going to improve her income if they do.

2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I wouldn't have to buy an overpriced, watered down drink.

Now, Bolt, do you think I would buy YOU anything less than the best possible drink. Lol. I'd be taking you to a classy premises! ☺️

I am surprised that folks are so surprised about all this. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, LaHermes said:

Ms. C. I lived in Continental Europe almost all my life. I merely mentioned U.K. as I lived and worked there a short while.   Heh heh, no idea what they get up to over there in the U.S.A.

Ah, got it!

Safe to say we inhabit different parts of the continent, none of these Boobs & Beer places where I am! 

Now the better question - where are our Schlongs & Shots joints? Or Dongs & Daiquiris? Meatsicles & Margaritas?

That's what I want to know. 

• Haha 3
Just now, DancingFool said:

Yeah I do frequent these places and that's why I'm saying she is actually hitting on you and not just for tips.

If you like her and are interested, ask her out - coffee, meet for dinner, whatever. You can keep it light. If you aren't really into her, then it doesn't matter. Do nothing.

Ha, you seem to be in the minority group!  lol  But if you have more experience in these places, I will try to lean on that.  Contrary to other opinions, T/A joints typically are not my deal, but this one has a really relaxed outdoor scene and I talked to a lot of interesting people there.  Usually when I go places solo, I feel like the guy hanging out in the corner, but this place is pretty near the airport and I think I am mingling with some tourists a bit.  

I have not once been forward with this woman.  Just not really my style or personality I guess.  i generally like to have some concrete interest first.  Call me whatever, but it has worked for me in the past but just not being overbearing.   

I really dont think she would tell you stuff like where she lives(they are usually very careful with that because obvious reasons) if she didnt want at least something more. However, I do think you should be careful. That "something more" could be extra money whether just by "extracurricular activities" outside the work or just "sponsorship"(lots of them seek some big customer to just buy them stuff). So you could just ask her what she wants next time and find out what it is.

Just now, Kwothe28 said:

I really dont think she would tell you stuff like where she lives(they are usually very careful with that because obvious reasons) if she didnt want at least something more. However, I do think you should be careful. That "something more" could be extra money whether just by "extracurricular activities" outside the work or just "sponsorship"(lots of them seek some big customer to just buy them stuff). So you could just ask her what she wants next time and find out what it is.

Fully agree!  I think posting here is due to me questioning some things, mostly due to where she works or more, the work she freely chooses to do.  I don't play the sugar daddy deal.  I have't tipped her anything extreme.  I think like $10 on a $30 bill or so.  I am just trying to figure out how I would ask her interest without offending her.  If she is genuine, she might not like being considered to be a gold digger or something, but I think it might be normal to question motives in something like this.  

Obviously I overthink things in life.  I have not had a good run with LTRs and my last that was similar to this woman died in a car wreck early this yr so I am examining if I am looking at this woman objectively.  

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, MissCanuck said:

where are our Schlongs & Shots joints? Or Dongs & Daiquiris? Meatsicles & Margaritas?

"Restaurants staffed by males, with a similar focus on server appearance, include Tallywackers, featuring scantily clad men, which opened in Dallas, Texas. In Japan, there are establishments such as Macho Cafe and Macho Meat Shop, where brawny men serve food and drinks."

Not exactly Chippendales, but something for everyone.

Everyone knows sex sells, so the concept, either way, is nothing new under the sun.

Does she treat all her customers the way she treats you?  If not then that is one more reason to ask her out.

Just because she works there and is supposed to be friendly doesn't mean she is undatable or off limits.

The next time you are there and she is your waitress simply ask her if it is against the rules for her to date a customer.  I am sure there is no rule but it gives her an in and an out.  If she is interested she will probably say "no there is no rule why do you ask"  then you say "I really enjoy talking with you so I thought we could get a drink and get to know each other better"  Now if she is not interested then she can say "dating customers if frowned upon" 

You will never know her motives until you get to know her better.  She may think you are a handsome good guy she would like to date or she may want to lure you to a motel and drug you and steal your kidney.  Speculating on her motives is just that, speculation. 

Women get asked out and almost every time they are not cruel or mean when they say no thanks so be brave and go for it.

Lost

• Like 1

$10 on a $30 bill is a 33% tip. 15-20% is considered customary . Just saying.

Anyway, what would it really hurt if you did ask? Worst thing she can do is say no. You'd be no worse off than you are now.

If you did ask and she said no, would you be too embarrassed to go back to that "breastaurant"?

I'm sorry for the loss of your previous girlfriend.

• Like 2

If you Google Confessions from an ex Hooter's waitress, plenty of articles will pop us. This excerpt is from The Daily Mail. 'For most, there was the unspoken exchange of money for some conversation and attention,' she explains. 'This is where Hooters really veers off and differs from your regular restaurants.  

Though the famous spandex uniforms are 'extremely unflattering', Miss Burgess says there is an opportunity to make 'much more than at your average restaurant, all in a laid-back and fun environment'

'Coined “entertainers,” Hooter Girls are expected and encouraged to chat and hang around with customers, which can be truly awesome, and also horrifying depending on the customers you’re stuck with.'

And a word of warning to men: 'You're not going to get a date at Hooters,' she says.

'At the end of the night, most of us are throwing out handfuls of wadded up Post-its and napkins with phone numbers on them.'

(In my opinion, if she's that bold to hug you and tell you where she lives, she would've been bold enough to write her number down and slip it to you. But you also have to think about how comfortable she is hugging a stranger, and if you did date her, would you really like to have a gf who has no boundaries doing this with other men? You can't assume you were the special one/only one she's done this with and it'd be foolish to think she will never do this again with another man. If she's got a winning personality, attractive and with a good body and makes a decent salary, why is she single, if in fact she is?)

• Like 2
Just now, Andrina said:

(In my opinion, if she's that bold to hug you and tell you where she lives, she would've been bold enough to write her number down and slip it to you. But you also have to think about how comfortable she is hugging a stranger, and if you did date her, would you really like to have a gf who has no boundaries doing this with other men? You can't assume you were the special one/only one she's done this with and it'd be foolish to think she will never do this again with another man. If she's got a winning personality, attractive and with a good body and makes a decent salary, why is she single, if in fact she is?)

Exactly my thoughts!  I just want to be clear, I could never see this really working out, but I have barely talked to a woman in months after the accident.  I sort of saw this as a way to "get back out" so to speak.  No, I would not be comfortable having a real LTR with someone like this unless there was a path out or up.  

13 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

They're just not as prolific as assumed.

I never assume anything. And yes they are plentiful, not that I have been carrying out a census survey of anything. 😄

And Waffle:

"I'm just surprised that men continue not to see through the women who work at these joints."

Men (and people generally) see through what they want to see through. Most men are well able to distinguish. 

And then there is this, The Bunyadi Restaurant (London).

The UK's first ever naked restaurant has opened in London. Bunyadi encourages customers to disrobe while eating "naked" organic food served by nude staff. Bunyadi has made headlines in recent weeks by attracting 46,000 people to its waiting list 

1 hour ago, LaHermes said:

I never assume anything. And yes they are plentiful, not that I have been carrying out a census survey of anything. 😄

And Waffle:

"I'm just surprised that men continue not to see through the women who work at these joints."

Men (and people generally) see through what they want to see through. Most men are well able to distinguish. 

And then there is this, The Bunyadi Restaurant (London).

The UK's first ever naked restaurant has opened in London. Bunyadi encourages customers to disrobe while eating "naked" organic food served by nude staff. Bunyadi has made headlines in recent weeks by attracting 46,000 people to its waiting list 

hah and probably to their dismay, most of the customers are old /saggy hoping to see hot buff women....but there won't be any. We have a nudest beach in Vancouver called Wreck beach. There ain't no hot Brazilian type babes there though you can see guys out on the water with binoculars lol.

• Haha 2
35 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

most of the customers are old /saggy

Oddly enough, not so, heh heh.  

This link is long but here are photos of some of the diners.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1PRFI_enGB848GB848&source=univ&tbm=isch&q="first+naked+restaurant"+bunyadi+uk&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiM6o-k37DyAhUHhv0HHaMZAb4Q420oAHoECA4QBA&biw=1920&bih=937

As for the topless bars (not the same as a strip club) there are all kinds having a drink in those, and the oldies in a minority.