Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

I am so glad you will be closer to your kids! ❤️

Thank you! Me too. I didn't choose the best time to decide to do a job transfer, but it will be comforting knowing that they are nearby. Right now, seriously, if something happened to me like a fall at home no one would even know.

11 more days!!!!

I just placed my first grocery pickup order today from Target. I haven't done it before because I didn't trust the employees to make the same choices I would make. But I'm not buying any fresh food, just canned and packaged and some personal care items. Oh, and cat food.

I'll make a trip to Sprouts maybe next week if I want anything fresh.

Hopefully it turns out OK!

I just placed my first grocery pickup order today from Target. I haven't done it before because I didn't trust the employees to make the same choices I would make. But I'm not buying any fresh food, just canned and packaged and some personal care items. Oh, and cat food.

I'll make a trip to Sprouts maybe next week if I want anything fresh.

Hopefully it turns out OK!

Good luck! I do all my nonperishable paper goods and cleaning supplies from Target but never pick up. And now they won't do the cleaning supplies I need by either -and what they did let me order is delayed, sigh.

So it went OK. I guess if you don't have the Target app you have to actually go inside and pick it up yourself (no curbside hand off). So I grrrrrr'ed and then got my mask and gloves on, thinking "I was hoping to not have to go inside the store, that's why I chose pickup!!" So I get there and no, you don't have to go inside the store, you wait in a short line outside and then the nice young man scans your phone and then brings you your order. Wasted a mask, but oh well. They got everything I ordered. So I just finished wiping down what items I wanted inside immediately and everything else is living in the (hot) garage for now. Nothing perishable of course.

Interesting that one young man (the one who handled my order) didn't have a mask on but his coworker did. I guess they are allowing them to decide?

It wasn't a bad experience. I will probably do it again next weekend. It will be my last weekend in this place, yay!

Is anyone having difficulty reading? I feel like the stress/isolation is having an effect on my attention span. I can read periodicals, newspapers (digital), and magazines without issue but delving into books proves more challenging at the moment.

I'm starting my summer courses soon. I'll actually be pretty busy with those - lots of material. I'm sitting with my schedule and figuring out how much to read of the textbook(s) each day so I can spread things out. I hope my attention span will improve. At least the material is interesting.

Is anyone having difficulty reading? I feel like the stress/isolation is having an effect on my attention span. I can read periodicals, newspapers (digital), and magazines without issue but delving into books proves more challenging at the moment.

Me! I have no time to read. No time for myself. I’m growing more anxious. And it doesn’t help that my favorite genre are dystopian science fiction stories and were practically living in one.

My husband is a survivor and has come home from the hospital!! The hospital staffers f’ing rock and were answering all of my questions and keeping me updated on everything. A couple nurses even recognized me when I was pregnant and was returning three times a month with HG complications. LOL

We are still quarantine each other for about a week and are taking it in stride. We are not completely out of the woods yet. My daughter is really taking this hard. Calling his name, trying to break into his room to see him, and she is beginning to throw toddler fits. And I’m trying to hold it together. I feel like the evil b** mom keeping her away. 😢

When this S ends I want a long vacation. I want to just disappear somewhere for a week or three. Disney World, back to Jamaica or the Philippines with the wild beach parties and a Coconut drink in my hand. That would be nice.

Whelp, the uk easing restrictions is quite literally going to put lives at risks! I really thought bj would've learned having had the virus himself.

Unlimited exercise, can gather in public places etc. People are to go back to work if can't work from home. I'm so angry and scared. Luckily my fiance can work from home and I'm on maternity, mind you I'm an essential worker (care) if I wasn't on maternity leave.

The pandemic could last 2 years like the 1918 flu.

"As coronavirus restrictions around the world are being lifted, a new report warns the pandemic that has already killed more than 230,000 people likely won't be contained for two years. The modeling study from the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota also says that about 70% of people need to be immune in order to bring the virus to a halt."

The pandemic could last 2 years like the 1918 flu.

"As coronavirus restrictions around the world are being lifted, a new report warns the pandemic that has already killed more than 230,000 people likely won't be contained for two years. The modeling study from the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota also says that about 70% of people need to be immune in order to bring the virus to a halt."

I think the uk are aiming for herd immunity.. ugh.

Wow, you need to report this strange medical anomaly to the WHO, since all the doctors and scientists have not heard of this. :

" Positive Tests For Recovered Virus Patients Are Not Reinfections, WHO Says

Coronavirus patients declared recovered who later test positive for the disease are still expelling dead lung cells rather than getting a new infection, the World Health Organisation (WHO).

I know one person in this province who got it three times in two months.
Wow, you need to report this strange medical anomaly to the WHO, since all the doctors and scientists have not heard of this. :

" Positive Tests For Recovered Virus Patients Are Not Reinfections, WHO Says

Coronavirus patients declared recovered who later test positive for the disease are still expelling dead lung cells rather than getting a new infection, the World Health Organisation (WHO).

It was on the news. So maybe they already know.

Yeah, I read more than one article as well that stated there is no herd immunity as someone who already has been infected with the virus, can be re-infected.

The problem here is, so much misinformation being spread around, and from some reputable news sources! So who the heck knows what is true and what isn't.

I try to keep a close eye on where I get my information from, but even those news sources have taken back statements they previously made.

I don't think anything will be able to shut this all down once and for all except for a vaccine.

Yeah, I read more than one article as well that stated there is no herd immunity as someone who already has been infected with the virus, can be re-infected.

The problem here is, so much misinformation being spread around, and from some reputable news sources! So who the heck knows what is true and what isn't.

I try to keep a close eye on where I get my information from, but even those news sources have taken back statements they previously made.

I don't think anything will be able to shut this all down once and for all except for a vaccine.

Or even treatments they may never have a vaccine they’ve been searching for a vaccine for HIV for 40 years. It could be like that which is horrifying.

That's a huge part of the stress. They just don't have all the answers with this because it's new. First it's "masks are useless", then it's "masks are mandatory".

Did read that COVID is found in semen for a while after someone has had it. But who has sex with masks on? Wait....?