Creating more boundaries and disentangling my life from hers

Seraphim

Right?! It is ridiculous . There is a total housing crisis. I am lucky to be living in military housing in a way. At least I have a place to live . But they just did a “rent study“ so they can charge me more for my dilapidated piece of crap .

It's already happening here in Vancouver...people living in the streets, old RVs parked everywhere. We pay the most for gas in the world...we are so taxed to death. a small 2 bedroom basement suite is 2000+ a month.....but that is if you can find one. There are almost no rentals. My dilapidated 55 year old house in worth over 800K and that's lower from the almost 1 mil 2 years ago.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She sounds like she acts very entitled.

its one thing to include lunch as part of the deal for a low income worker, its different to enable them by paying her taxes.

I think its fine if you want to go to scary movies with her. And if you get her in free because you have a discount card, only go when you want to treat. But change the Netflix password. I know it doesn't cost anything for her to be on it, but its the principle of it. She will never know you cancelled. And ABSOLUTELY do not pay her taxes.

I would tell her that she is not needed on X days per week because she needs someone who can be there the whole day.

And i would not pay her for the hours she is not there.

I think you have other capacities to make friends. Friends come in all sizes and ages. You could start a horror movie viewing meetup group that meets once a month for a movie and a coffee discussion after a matiness.

I would cut her off so quick her head would spin.

People like J grind my gears. She will always present herself as this victim of circumstance, but truth is, she makes bad choices and expects others to accomodate that. A bit of entitlement, a bit of self pitying, and a whole lot of playing on other people's sympathies.

I wonder if her eldest just didn't get sick of her mom trying to sponge off her.

People like J grind my gears. She will always present herself as this victim of circumstance, but truth is, she makes bad choices and expects others to accomodate that. A bit of entitlement, a bit of self pitying, and a whole lot of playing on other people's sympathies.

I wonder if her eldest just didn't get sick of her mom trying to sponge off her.

Actually her eldest is a leech. Her mom gave her 3,000 her entire savings when she came home to re establish herself with her husband and kids after Greece tanked. She didn’t talk to her mom for 6 months because her mom told her that her husband was a lazy ass which he is . And she never paid her mom back .

But I do think I am being taken advantage of a bit .

I will be busting my ass like no tomorrow now.

I know I am but I have to be careful how things impact my daycare kids. They love her to death.

Itallgrand, made some valid points. it is time to stop enabling and make some positive changes for yourself. You are part of the problem. The bit with the taxes and her hours is outrageous. Stop!

I wouldn't change the NF password. I'd close the acct and start all over. Explain that you're closing the acct w/o having to explain. You don't need to validate yourself to her. Simply say it is closed.

If she wants to watch movies, have her pay for it, rent a DVD, go to the movie theater or however way she wishes to entertain herself. A lot of people will take advantage of you if you allow it.

Dump the freeloaders.

Then open up your own new NF acct and do so quietly.

OMG, what a moocher. That is just disgraceful!

If I didnt drive I would at least give you petrol money or pay for your movie ticket. It's what nice people do.

Also with Netflix. I would have set up a direct debit from my Bank to yours.

You seriously need to change things with her.

I wouldn't change the NF password. I'd close the acct and start all over. Explain that you're closing the acct w/o having to explain. You don't need to validate yourself to her. Simply say it is closed.

If she wants to watch movies, have her pay for it, rent a DVD, go to the movie theater or however way she wishes to entertain herself. A lot of people will take advantage of you if you allow it.

Dump the freeloaders.

Then open up your own new NF acct and do so quietly.

You actually don't have to close the account to make her THINK that you have closed the account.

I did this when I broke up with my last ex. I told him that I was cancelling Netflix and Hulu because I needed to save some money. He said okay. I changed the passwords and then went into settings and clicked "logout of all devices". Bam, done.

On her end(s), she will be signed out of all devices and (obviously) she won't know the new password. There is no way for her to verify or confirm that you deleted the account OR simply changed the password. The result is the same on her end.

She is a total freeloader. By all means, go for horror movies with her (I love horror movies too, I get it) but I would not have her on your Netflix account, pay her taxes, put up with stupid crap from her on the job, or offer her rides. You need to start saying "no" to her and letting her deal with it.

You actually don't have to close the account to make her THINK that you have closed the account.

I did this when I broke up with my last ex. I told him that I was cancelling Netflix and Hulu because I needed to save some money. He said okay. I changed the passwords and then went into settings and clicked "logout of all devices". Bam, done.

On her end(s), she will be signed out of all devices and (obviously) she won't know the new password. There is no way for her to verify or confirm that you deleted the account OR simply changed the password. The result is the same on her end.

She is a total freeloader. By all means, go for horror movies with her (I love horror movies too, I get it) but I would not have her on your Netflix account, pay her taxes, put up with stupid crap from her on the job, or offer her rides. You need to start saying "no" to her and letting her deal with it.

Sounds good, Fudgie. I hope OP, Seraphim will change her passwords and deactivate her moocher from sponging off her. Yeah, freeloaders do what they do if you let them get away with it! :upset:

I know I am but I have to be careful how things impact my daycare kids. They love her to death.

Kids get new teachers all the time. If she is only around part time anyway, and someone new comes on, you can tell the kids when a new person comes"Mrs. Nancy is going to be taking care of you now. Mrs. Nancy has a parrot and cat. Isn't that cool?" And if they ask where Mrs. Becky is, you say "Mrs. Becky is driving a bus now". or whatever you want to say.

I would move her immediately down to part time as far as cutting her days and stop carrying her taxes.

Her daughter being a mooch is not your concern. Like mother, like daughter.

Kids get new teachers all the time. If she is only around part time anyway, and someone new comes on, you can tell the kids when a new person comes"Mrs. Nancy is going to be taking care of you now. Mrs. Nancy has a parrot and cat. Isn't that cool?" And if they ask where Mrs. Becky is, you say "Mrs. Becky is driving a bus now". or whatever you want to say.

I would move her immediately down to part time as far as cutting her days and stop carrying her taxes.

Her daughter being a mooch is not your concern. Like mother, like daughter.

The thing is she works under the table. She agreed to less than the going wage. If I get someone and pay the going wage I might as well close because I wouldn’t be able to operate. The person would make more than me. I wouldn’t even have operational costs. Min wage here going up to $15 an hour has broken small business. Many many many have closed just in this town.

The thing is she works under the table. She agreed to less than the going wage. If I get someone and pay the going wage I might as well close because I wouldn’t be able to operate. The person would make more than me. I wouldn’t even have operational costs. Min wage here going up to $15 an hour has broken small business. Many many many have closed just in this town.

Then hire someone part time. Someone who is available mornings while their own kid is in school to help you during the busy rush, or someone who is available afternoons during the busy time. There are people that work as lunch aids or playground aids at school who have free mornings or free afternoons after lunch. Or is there a qualified parent who just needs care half the day for their child due to overlapping work schedules with their spouse and in exchange for their child attending daycare in the mornings, they work, with their child their also during your busy afternoon time?

Then hire someone part time. Someone who is available mornings while their own kid is in school to help you during the busy rush, or someone who is available afternoons during the busy time. There are people that work as lunch aids or playground aids at school who have free mornings or free afternoons after lunch. Or is there a qualified parent who just needs care half the day for their child due to overlapping work schedules with their spouse and in exchange for their child attending daycare in the mornings, they work, with their child their also during your busy afternoon time?

My daycare is full. I can’t take another child. My neighbour who is a registered early childhood educator can sometimes help me out .

No, as an unlicensed daycare I can only have 5 children wether it is just me or 5 adults . The law states a home daycare can only have 5.

Well then there you go. That sounds like a good solution.

If you add another person, would that able you to add 1-2 children to justify their pay?

Archived