Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Just now, Seraphim said:

I am not normally that unruly and angry . As I said I have never had a fight with my brother in almost 40 years of being an adult . We are always kind and loving to each other . We may not see each other that often, but we do love each other and are kind to each other. So that was totally uncharacteristic. I think it was all too much on my body and brain and I didn’t have the restraint and patience I usually have . 

I completely understand and I hope today is more relaxed! I finally finished trip laundry/unpacking/shopping to replenish food -yesterday.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I completely understand and I hope today is more relaxed! I finally finished trip laundry/unpacking/shopping to replenish food -yesterday.

Today will be for sure . We got up too late for everyone to be ready for Mass but my husband and son went and I had a few hours to myself. So I got to lounge about in the tub. 
We have to get food today before the stores close and I started on laundry. I am communing with my cats who missed me and I missed them. Tomorrow my husband and I always have a New Year’s Day drive to somewhere scenic and have a walk. 

My husband returns to work on the 3rd . He has been off since the 16th. I go and see a friend 3 hours away on the 3rd. Then back to work for me on the 8th. 

Glad you are home relaxing now !

• Like 1

Awww sweet little Tony Hudgell got a BEM ( British Empire Medal) for his campaigning to end cruelty to children. He is 9 years old and the youngest recipient of the medal. He was horrifically abused by his birth parents and lost his legs due to the abuse and very nearly lost his life at 41 days old. He was adopted and uses what happened to him to help others. His birth mother is now free from prison but his birth father is still in prison. He raised 2 million pounds for the children’s hospital that saved his life. His adoptive parents brought about a law for more severe sentences for child abusers, called Tony’s Law. 

Congrats sweet boy . 

• Like 1

Hello 2024. At midnight four people had sent me a happy New Year message. I had been out cold for 2 hours… lol. I was so exhausted I never heard my phone which was right by my head. 

A major earthquake has struck Japan today . 😓

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Hello 2024. At midnight four people had sent me a happy New Year message. I had been out cold for 2 hours… lol. I was so exhausted I never heard my phone which was right by my head. 

A major earthquake has struck Japan today . 😓

Was in bed by 10!  Thinking of the japanese!

My husband and I are trying to do the Rosary every single night . We on night 2 . He is already in progress of reading the Bible through and is about half way finished . He has been going a bit at a time over the past year. 

1 minute ago, Batya33 said:

Good luck!! Mine is next month.

Ugh! I hate it . It doesn’t hurt but they always manage to tear delicate skin underneath and shoving me so far into the machine because they said my breasts are very dense and they want a clear picture to under the arms. 

• Sad 1
32 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Well, thankfully that is done for another few years. 

I think they said I only have to have one every three years now that I'm older. I did mine early last year so I think I'm good until 2026. Glad yours is done with too. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I think they said I only have to have one every three years now that I'm older. I did mine early last year so I think I'm good until 2026. Glad yours is done with too. 

I think for me every 2 years. But I am every 3 for pap I think. None of my tests have ever had an issue . 

• Like 1

Yesterday I went and visited a good friend. I usually see her once a year. We talk in between visits. I have known her since my son was a toddler . We met when we both worked at the convent . We had a great visit and got caught up on stuff. She lives about a half hour past  where my mom lives. 

When I was leaving for home it started freezing rain but became snow as I got closer to home . 

• Like 1

I think my husband has maxed out his pension. They haven’t taken $1000 a month off for his pension. They are taking $182 which would be the portion of his pension he had to buy back . 🥳 However , I think he can choose to put more into his pension. 
On a downside they are taking more for Canada Pension because the contribution increased Jan 1. When he takes his pension at 60 or thereafter they will claw back part of his Canada Pension because he has a pension. God forbid you ever get ahead and not be taxed to death. 🙄

• Sad 1

It’s beyond a joke here in England - I think we are officially one of the worst countries. Gas and energy companies have announced the average household heating bill will rise by £3,000 a month. That is £3,000 on top of the other £1,200 that people don’t have. Plus the mortgage rates, and the food costs are insane in the supermarkets. 

And this is all apparently because of Russia! Err… 🧐 how about, trying to claw back all the money they wasted shutting the economy down for a year during the “pandemic”.

Shake the money tree harder????

x

• Sad 1