Open Club  ·  101 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

2 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Today was crazy. I had to go out. We were in a squall, and a salter/pick up came flying around a corner fish tailed on the slick road into my lane . Lucky no one was on the sidewalk because I had to drive up onto the sidewalk to avoid being hit . 

Yikes! Glad you're OK.

Just now, boltnrun said:

Yikes! Glad you're OK.

It was nuts . I was more worried about my son, luckily he was on the other side of the van in the back. The guy would have hit the driver’s side and my door specifically . He slowed just long enough to make sure we were ok and then continued on. 🫣

Just now, Batya33 said:

I know it’s little solace but 19.5 is a ripe old age for a cat. I’m sorry for her loss and I’m glad you’re all ok after that ridiculous almost accident!

Yeah, I feel sad for Mr. Kitty I have known him as long as he has been around. 
Yeah, it is nuts this week. On Sunday as well. I was walking in the Walmart parking lot. Somebody backed out without looking so I jumped sideways and almost got hit by another car so I almost got sandwiched in between two cars in the Walmart parking lot on Sunday. Now this fiasco. I am telling you people need to wake up when they are in control of a vehicle. 

• Sad 1

I'm wondering if that person who is so vehemently anti-MIL will quietly step aside when their sons get engaged. Will they relegate themselves to the fringes of their sons' lives and let the DILs completely run the show? Will they just fade into the background and not have any sort of relationship with the sons? And do they agree that it's not really that upsetting to lose a child?

This month hubby is having the spot on his retina looked at and his thyroid rechecked for the tumours to make sure they haven’t grown. Thursday my son and I go back to our old town to take my son to the dentist. 

The side effects of Janumet have been yucky but my sugars are coming down significantly. 

Our new house should be ready after Christmas. 

• Like 1
Just now, boltnrun said:

Are you able to relax and rest when you need to?

Yes, I only have to go for the kids at 3:15 thankfully. Hopefully I make it. I haven’t been able to stay out of the bathroom more than 10 minutes at a time since 11:30. I took an Immodium and hopefully it works or I might have to send my son to the bus to get them. 

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Yes, I only have to go for the kids at 3:15 thankfully. Hopefully I make it. I haven’t been able to stay out of the bathroom more than 10 minutes at a time since 11:30. I took an Immodium and hopefully it works or I might have to send my son to the bus to get them. 

OhI'm so sorry!!Is the immodium working now??

• Like 1