Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Some of the power is back including ours but not everything is back. 

After work I am heading out to my mom’s. I bought her a Spring/Fall coat at Columbia and a a hand sanitizer and hand cream and sanitizer holder for her purse for Valentine’s Day. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Some of the power is back including ours but not everything is back. 

After work I am heading out to my mom’s. I bought her a Spring/Fall coat at Columbia and a a hand sanitizer and hand cream and sanitizer holder for her purse for Valentine’s Day. 

That's so sweet. I love that you got your mom something for Valentines.

• Like 1

I really wonder if therapy closed off my spiritual senses. Having an open emotional and psychological wound leaves you very open to experiencing other worldly things . Maybe repairing that damage closes them. 

This weekend I tried to talk to my mom about other worldly experiences but she just puts her hands up and says …. Stop, you’ll give me nightmares. And that is even good experiences. She truly doesn’t want to believe in other worldly things or existence but she prays …. 🧐🧐🧐tell me how that works if you don’t believe or want to believe . 

My mom only became weird and bizarre about it after my step dad died. 

Strangely enough a few days after he died she got a text that said “ hi” from his phone that was turned off in a drawer . I said to her he said hi to you. He wanted you to know he was ok. That was important to him . But she just puts up her hands and won’t accept anything . 

A couple of weeks ago I met a man who said he's a practicing witch and is also a practicing Roman Catholic. Some might say those two things are diametrically opposed. But he said his witchcraft has nothing to do with his faith. And he's not doing things like putting hexes on people or trying to use spells to enrich himself. It's purely spiritual. I found it interesting.

10 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

A couple of weeks ago I met a man who said he's a practicing witch and is also a practicing Roman Catholic. Some might say those two things are diametrically opposed. But he said his witchcraft has nothing to do with his faith. And he's not doing things like putting hexes on people or trying to use spells to enrich himself. It's purely spiritual. I found it interesting.

I bet not something he brings to his priest’s attention. Definitely not something allowed. My mom was raised Catholic  but hasn’t been a practising Catholic in like 55 years . I would say she is agnostic at best. I wasn’t raised Catholic but my husband was. I was Baptized a Catholic when I was born and came to my faith on my own as an adult . My husband wasn’t practicing when I met him I brought him back to his faith. 

I notice now though I have much less interaction with spiritual things after a lot of therapy. Not that I am choosing to interact you understand they just appear to me . My mom wants no discussion or intimation that her husband maybe anywhere. 

When I was very young, I think when my parents were breaking up I saw an angel. It was blue and had giant wings and was glowing at the foot of my bed. I remember being very very sad that night . It told me without speaking that I would be okay and I would always be ok. Then it was gone . The same Angel saved my life less than 10 years later . It stopped me from going somewhere with someone who had planned to kill me. 

I have seen many ghosts, my son has witnessed me see one. One time my husband was away so just me and my son at home . I was walking into my bedroom and then suddenly said ,”oh there you are.” My son said ,”mom who are you talking to? “ I said the ghost I walked into and is now walking out the wall. My son says ,”uuuuuhhhh what???”

An elderly nun I used to care for after she died came and hugged me and whispered in my ear ,”nice to see you again lovely . “I said Sister Fran” I turned and no one was there. 

I have seen a demon and that was truly freaky. I woke to see it staring at me. It was a black eyed child, no eyes type of black and it had long sharpe teeth and claws. I knew for sure I was awake because I turned away and hugged my husband and looked back again and it was still there. It appeared for 3 nights . I demanded by the power of Jesus it leave and never return. 

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

I was able to astral project as a child. I lost the ability but have regained some of it over the past couple of years. 

I could do that when young as well but haven’t been able to since my very early teens. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

When I was very young, I think when my parents were breaking up I saw an angel. It was blue and had giant wings and was glowing at the foot of my bed. I remember being very very sad that night . It told me without speaking that I would be okay and I would always be ok. Then it was gone . The same Angel saved my life less than 10 years later . It stopped me from going somewhere with someone who had planned to kill me. 

I have seen many ghosts, my son has witnessed me see one. One time my husband was away so just me and my son at home . I was walking into my bedroom and then suddenly said ,”oh there you are.” My son said ,”mom who are you talking to? “ I said the ghost I walked into and is now walking out the wall. My son says ,”uuuuuhhhh what???”

An elderly nun I used to care for after she died came and hugged me and whispered in my ear ,”nice to see you again lovely . “I said Sister Fran” I turned and no one was there. 

I have seen a demon and that was truly freaky. I woke to see it staring at me. It was a black eyed child, no eyes type of black and it had long sharpe teeth and claws. I knew for sure I was awake because I turned away and hugged my husband and looked back again and it was still there. It appeared for 3 nights . I demanded by the power of Jesus it leave and never return. 

Thank you for sharing Seraphim. Oh wow. This is truly something, the good things and how terrifying, your story at the end?! The thing of nightmares! 

My father always said he heard a voice whispering to him to get off his motorbike when he was 17. Five minutes later he went over the bonnet and roof of another car. The female driver was in labour! She drove off! His thigh bone was stuck out into the open air through his leg! He doesn’t have a knee cap on that leg to this day!

He told me and my sister that story a lot, and hinted at a guardian angel. 

Maybe some people call these experiences different things - animalistic intuition, hallucinations, other world experiences, the “6th sense” etc. I used to roll my eyes at it all years back but now, I just like to hear other people’s experiences of life and gain these new perspectives.

We are definitely less inhibited when we are younger! 

x

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Thank you for sharing Seraphim. Oh wow. This is truly something, the good things and how terrifying, your story at the end?! The thing of nightmares! 

My father always said he heard a voice whispering to him to get off his motorbike when he was 17. Five minutes later he went over the bonnet and roof of another car. The female driver was in labour! She drove off! His thigh bone was stuck out into the open air through his leg! He doesn’t have a knee cap on that leg to this day!

He told me and my sister that story a lot, and hinted at a guardian angel. 

Maybe some people call these experiences different things - animalistic intuition, hallucinations, other world experiences, the “6th sense” etc. I used to roll my eyes at it all years back but now, I just like to hear other people’s experiences of life and gain these new perspectives.

We are definitely less inhibited when we are younger! 

x

For sure . The demon one was just about 4 years ago. The one where the ghost walked through the wall I was late 40’s. 

I remember another occurrence in my 30’at the hospital when my husband was in when he was suicidal. I remember sitting in a waiting area sobbing and this nun came to comfort me. It was a Catholic hospital but not run by the nuns for decades but I didn’t find it strange she was there. She hugged me tight and said “ oh love don’t despair, never despair He is with you “ I rubbed my eyes and closed them for literally two seconds and she was gone. I asked others where she went and they said they didn’t know what I was talking about there was no nun. 

11 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

For sure . The demon one was just about 4 years ago. The one where the ghost walked through the wall I was late 40’s. 

I remember another occurrence in my 30’at the hospital when my husband was in when he was suicidal. I remember sitting in a waiting area sobbing and this nun came to comfort me. It was a Catholic hospital but not run by the nuns for decades but I didn’t find it strange she was there. She hugged me tight and said “ oh love don’t despair, never despair He is with you “ I rubbed my eyes and closed them for literally two seconds and she was gone. I asked others where she went and they said they didn’t know what I was talking about there was no nun. 

I’m sorry you had to go through that Seraphim! You’ve been through so much! 

You found comfort, received comfort in your time of loneliness and need in whatever way that was - I hope, when bad times come, which, I am realistic and realise they probably will, that I too can receive some support, comfort. I’m an atheist as you might know but, as I get older I realise there is just a monumental amount of stuff I don’t know, never will. I often wish I had faith, wish I saw things, wish all of that! I would class myself as spiritual in the romantic, easily moved, feeler of “energies” or, susceptible to other peoples feelings type person but, I would never shrug off someone’s experiences in times of need.

Again; I really appreciate you sharing this - your private moments x

• Like 1

No problem. 

My brother is atheist and so was my dad. My dad wasn’t raised as such, he was raised Anglican, but became Catholic to marry my mother. They both left the faith fairly early . My mom’s parents were always very religious. We raised our son Catholic and he is very religious. My husband’s father wasn’t even though he was raised Church of England. My mother-in-law was raised Catholic. But other than our little nuclear family no one else is religious. When we all move together very soon I guess my mom will have to wait at home while we are at Mass. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, itsallgrand said:

Neighborhood hero!! 

Seriously it's like a big hug seeing someone snowblow your driveway just because they are being nice.

There is someone who’s driveway he does because of a physical disability he gets paid for that, but he went and did people on the street as some people’s spouses are gone and they have small kids so he thought he would lend a hand. He also did the sidewalks . 

• Like 2