Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Just now, boltnrun said:

We were at 78 degrees over the weekend.  I actually sweated while I was out on my walks. 

That is more summer for me … lol, like late June. 
I think they said a few days ago, all the sunshine that we’ve had in January amounted to less than 30 hours. And right now we’ve had sunshine for longer than half an hour I could just jump for joy.

24 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

That is more summer for me … lol, like late June. 
I think they said a few days ago, all the sunshine that we’ve had in January amounted to less than 30 hours. And right now we’ve had sunshine for longer than half an hour I could just jump for joy.

It's very unusual for it to be this warm in January. But we get very mild weather. Generally it ranges from mid 40s in winter to mid-high 80s in summer. And the high 80s are only for a month or two usually, thankfully. Where I used to live it would get up to 117. For weeks. 

2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Does where you're moving to have many more sunny days?

Do you happen to have SAD?

No, it probably has less sun hours. I do, yes, my husband as well. We have a sun lamp and take copious amounts of vit D in the winter. 

We are set to move last week of March. Very anxiety inducing. 

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

No, it probably has less sun hours. I do, yes, my husband as well. We have a sun lamp and take copious amounts of vit D in the winter. 

We are set to move last week of March. Very anxiety inducing. 

Yes moving is so hard and I hope posting here will help you!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Yes moving is so hard and I hope posting here will help you!

It is hard. My mom is already beside herself with what she needs to do and messages me constantly talking about it . I have told her to please talk to her friends, her sister-in-law, her in-laws on my stepdad side, whoever but stop with talking to me about it. She is making me want to jump off the roof with it and she has broken out in hives getting herself all worked up. And I am “ her person” since my step dad died . However; I am also my son’s “ person” and my husband’s “ person” and everyone lays their anxieties and troubles at my door. I don’t really have a “ person” because my husband’s mental health until recently was too fragile and my mom, well we have seen her state since he died. My life has seriously worn me out . I can only take so much , I can’t do what I used to even emotionally. Now when I give push back everyone is all “ offended” and I have “ no cause “ to give push back. So then when I really snap and start yelling and screaming people think I’ve gone crazy. When really they have pushed even the limit I set . My mom starts crying and becomes manipulative and tries to guilt me . And I have told her look here I’m not young anymore either. I am almost 60. This isn’t easy and I know it’s not easy for you at almost 80 but it’s not easy for me either. I’m not a spring chicken anymore either. You also can’t lay your heavy emotional burdens  at my door. You need a therapist for much longer, and you spent your time with your therapist talking about each other‘s grandkids, instead of talking about anxiety and being needy.. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I'm sorry...you are handling a lot. I hope you can at least get away for an hour or two. Shut off your phone and just decompress. 

It is that she hates being alone. She has said it at least once every few days for two years . She is like he was healthy as a horse never been to a hospital in his life wasn’t even born in a hospital. I was supposed to die first . He was only 81… blah blah blah ( not that I am insensitive to the issue . I adored my step dad) but she just REFUSES to be realistic. Obviously he WAS sick he was in end stage congestive heart failure . The fact you guys didn’t know it doesn’t change that fact. He was the average age of a Canadian man who dies. Her defence is but but but .:…:; his parents lived to be 87, his uncle lived to be 101 so so should he . ( Pout) I am not meant to be alone . It is horrible etc etc etc etc . 

She needs more therapy, period. I am not a therapist and I have my own mourning for THREE people . But the big thing is I am not a therapist and I am emotionally finished as a human being . My energy is very limited. 

• Sad 1
11 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I have a crappy yucky cold. Thanks kiddos . 

Feel better!! So far I've escaped -since June.  Son had mono last week - first time ever -and is mostly over it but still somewhat contagious (luckily not airborne).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Feel better!! So far I've escaped -since June.  Son had mono last week - first time ever -and is mostly over it but still somewhat contagious (luckily not airborne).

It is a rough one , for sure . All the kids had it last week and my son had it this week and I started yesterday. But everyone was starting to get better on the third day so I am hoping I start getting better tomorrow. It is FINALLY sunny and I can’t go out and enjoy it . 
I hope your son feels better ! 

• Like 1

I spent the ENTIRE weekend in bed other than twice for the shower. Now my husband is down for the count . This is the worst cold we have had in ages. God awful. Working right now but still don’t feel 100%. All the kiddos had it the past 2 weeks all brought to us by little guy who had the medical issue . 

• Sad 1

Ugh. Sorry you're all feeling unwell.

Is this parent struggling with finding childcare and that's why they chose not to disclose the child's condition?

My kids' grade school sent out communications telling the parents not to drop their kids off before school opened. I had my kids in the before school care program which opened at 6:00 am. I would often see a couple of shivering children standing in front of the school entrance in the dark. I guess their parents either couldn't afford or didn't want to use the before school program even though financial aid was available (which I benefitted from). I felt so bad for those kiddos. 

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

Ugh. Sorry you're all feeling unwell.

Is this parent struggling with finding childcare and that's why they chose not to disclose the child's condition?

My kids' grade school sent out communications telling the parents not to drop their kids off before school opened. I had my kids in the before school care program which opened at 6:00 am. I would often see a couple of shivering children standing in front of the school entrance in the dark. I guess their parents either couldn't afford or didn't want to use the before school program even though financial aid was available (which I benefitted from). I felt so bad for those kiddos. 

Before and after is non existent here and if there is you can’t get in. I am the only private person offering. I don’t know what they are going to do when I leave, seriously. I think they are seriously screwed, both families. I feel so so bad but not one thing I can do about it . 

I am not sure why she didn’t mention his medical condition and I really really don’t appreciate the lie as that is so disrespectful and put her child’s life in danger. Maybe she has had people who won’t take him but I would have been fine with the condition, my sister-in-law has the same. I came upon a post of hers giving advice to another parent on the condition that was posted 8 weeks ago where she stated her son had not grown out of it , but when it happened she acted all shocked with me and said oh yeah we didn’t mention it because we thought he had grown out of it .🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 

• Sad 1
20 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Hope you get it back soon! Everything is an ice slick here. Some people losing power too. Rain then froze and snow.

Hopefully you are safe too! It is not safe in Canada to lose power for too long in the winter . It is like Spring for us this week . But Sunday we go back into Winter. Our power should be back later in the day. It was pretty windy it blew some dying trees onto the lines .