Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Tomorrow hubby has the day off and is going down to do his mother’s groceries. Hopefully, the storm isn’t too bad . We keep waiting for a real winter this year but I doubt it will materialize. It is a strong El Niño year, usually means very little winter . 

Why in God’s name did I do this to myself? I ate some nuts on Monday. Today was no Bueno. After getting the kiddos on the bus, I have been in the bathroom half the day and the other half laying on the heating pad. I just took an Imodium to hopefully slow things down. 

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

When I used to work in the city it would take me 15 minutes to go 3/4 of a mile on the freeway. It was supremely frustrating. I could have easily walked that distance faster. 

It’s so frustrating I pay $100 for both ways to take the toll highway around the city and back from my moms.

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

When I used to work in the city it would take me 15 minutes to go 3/4 of a mile on the freeway. It was supremely frustrating. I could have easily walked that distance faster. 

I walked faster the other day than traffic. I walk 1 mile home from the bus stop after shopping along a busy road. Around 8:30am

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I walked faster the other day than traffic. I walk 1 mile home from the bus stop after shopping along a busy road. Around 8:30am

Unfortunately my total commute was over 20 miles. But that one section of the freeway was always a crap show. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My friend lives near Kansas City.  I believe it's supposed to be -5 degrees later today.  Brrr...

Cool for sure. We are going to be -17 tomorrow and out in Alberta I think they are the coldest place on Earth this week. -50C or colder with the wind. We are the second coldest nation on Earth after Russia . We have a big Arctic Polar Vortex happening . 

• Like 1

Apparently -5 F is -15 C.  We Americans are so resistant to the "metric" system.  It's ridiculous and causes all sorts of confusion.

Hahaha lucky most of us Canadians at least my generation know you guys are resistant to it. 😉😊 I think one of 3 countries in the world that won’t switch over . 

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I joined a diabetes group on FB but nope anxiety inducing 😬 . I will leave it . Too many pictures of peoples ulcers and gangrenous feet and everything else. Nope nope. 

Great choice -those groups can be great ... or a mixed bag/judgy.

That's too bad.

I used to post in another forum that had a sub forum for people who suffer from bowel disorders (like me!) I got so much support and some really great information. And I was able to help others as well. I don't post on that forum anymore because although it was supposed to be an advice forum they made it an infraction to actually offer advice. But that was a great group.

I too would find it off-putting to see graphic photos or descriptions. Don't need that. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

That's too bad.

I used to post in another forum that had a sub forum for people who suffer from bowel disorders (like me!) I got so much support and some really great information. And I was able to help others as well. I don't post on that forum anymore because although it was supposed to be an advice forum they made it an infraction to actually offer advice. But that was a great group.

I too would find it off-putting to see graphic photos or descriptions. Don't need that. 

I can totally see the value . I think it just sets off my health anxiety. Having diabetes does that to me any way but I think having the issue in my feed all the time might be overwhelming, and especially pictures of those poor people having severe problems. 😬😢

We went to a protest today in Toronto. Man , it was eye watering cold after an hour in -17C with the windchill with the wind blasting in your face . Lucky it was sunny. Back home it is a white out with road closures so we have to get home .  

• Like 1