Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

8 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I don't know if he would like a public facing job, but the automated carwash I go to nearby hires neurodivergent people. It's a relatively easy job. They hand the customers packaged wipes for them to use to clean the dashboard and then direct them to drive into the carwash and instruct them to put their cars in neutral. It certainly is not a challenging job and is probably not as fun as working with kids, but it's a way to earn a paycheck. Their hiring practices are big reason why I will continue to bring them my business.

Does he like being outdoors? Maybe a job doing gardening for a landscaping business?

I might talk to his cousins about him helping to clean buses etc . He isn’t fond of outdoors unfortunately but I do want him to earn his own money and learn how to do that. Plus ODSP ( disability) will pay him more disability if he works and he can make  up to $1000 a month before they start deducting from his disability. Up until last year, that was they were only allowed to earn $200 a month or they were deducted dollar for dollar from disability if it was above 200. There is a lot of revision of laws and a push to bring the disabled out of poverty in Canada. While  everything helps. I don’t think they will ever be out of poverty, unfortunately. 

Thanks for the suggestions and thank you for supporting the disabled . ☺️

I had a miserable sleep last night because the usual daycare mom pulled a “ surprise” right before I went to bed saying oh the kids will be coming at 6:45. I deserve to sleep in. The kids get up too early and start eating an hour before I even get up . 😒Yes, lady because they eat empty calories for supper so they wake up because they are hungry and you have lost control of the ship. 😒

It snowed all day yesterday and supposed to snow all day tomorrow. It is supposed to be sunny and 7 both of our move days so here is hoping . 

• Sad 1

So is everyone ready for the Solar Eclipse? It is April 8. In my new location it will be 95% total . Here it will be 97% total and our old town it will be 100%. If it going to be sunny that day I am going to race 2.5 hours to our old location. I love seeing things first hand . 

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

The Princess of Wales has cancer . 😓😓

It’s very shocking considering she is only 42 with a young family! 

She’ll have the best medical team money can buy - wishing her a speedy recovery. 

x

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

What kind of cancer does she have?

She isn’t saying . She went in for abdominal surgery early January and isn’t saying for what, just that she wants privacy and to heal. It is so hard for Prince William as his father has cancer as well. 

They discovered cancer after abdominal surgery and have got it out and she is undergoing preventative chemotherapy which actually sounds very positive and good to me? 

All forms of stomach cancer are hard to treat I hear, especially pancreatic. She might have got this luckily very early and the preventative chemo is going to make sure and she’ll have a healthy recovery.

I think the UK’s sentiment towards Charles is, not the same 🥲

x

2 hours ago, mylolita said:

They discovered cancer after abdominal surgery and have got it out and she is undergoing preventative chemotherapy which actually sounds very positive and good to me? 

All forms of stomach cancer are hard to treat I hear, especially pancreatic. She might have got this luckily very early and the preventative chemo is going to make sure and she’ll have a healthy recovery.

I think the UK’s sentiment towards Charles is, not the same 🥲

x

I guess it depends where the cancer is . 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I guess it depends where the cancer is . 

Very true - very! 

Or if they are confident it is out and the chemotherapy is preventative as they say and an extra precaution - this would sound hopeful.

One of the Dad’s I know on the school run is 48 and has had an operation to remove a cancerous tumour found in his bowel - he finished his last round of chemotherapy a few weeks ago and is feeling and looking good. We are all waiting on the all clear, I feel like he’s going to get good news! I am hoping and think about them everyday - he and his wife have 4 children, his youngest a boy only being 6 months old. 

x

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Very true - very! 

Or if they are confident it is out and the chemotherapy is preventative as they say and an extra precaution - this would sound hopeful.

One of the Dad’s I know on the school run is 48 and has had an operation to remove a cancerous tumour found in his bowel - he finished his last round of chemotherapy a few weeks ago and is feeling and looking good. We are all waiting on the all clear, I feel like he’s going to get good news! I am hoping and think about them everyday - he and his wife have 4 children, his youngest a boy only being 6 months old. 

x

My mom’s brother had colon cancer a few years ago, they removed about 4 inches of his colon. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

My mom’s brother had colon cancer a few years ago, they removed about 4 inches of his colon. 

I'm missing almost two feet of my colon.  Not from cancer but another disease.  I know someone who has no colon at all as she had to have it surgically removed.  It causes some issues but we're both still here!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm missing almost two feet of my colon.  Not from cancer but another disease.  I know someone who has no colon at all as she had to have it surgically removed.  It causes some issues but we're both still here!

I am glad that science has progressed enough to help people . 

My dear,
In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.
In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.
In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.
I realized, through it all, that…
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

~~Albert Camus

• Thanks 1
On 3/26/2024 at 1:38 AM, Seraphim said:

My dear,
In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.
In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.
In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.
I realized, through it all, that…
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.

~~Albert Camus

Ah!!!! ALBERT CAMUS! 

What a poet and a genius and a philosopher! 

x

• Like 1

Hahahah reminds me of when a talent agent from Ford Models tried to recruit me when I was 15 but my mom said nope no way. 

I did do some modelling for a local store back at the place we were for 11 years .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I finally have some time to get to about our move . 

The 24th of March we picked up our truck and we loaded for 9 hours that day. The 25th we rolled out and drove up to our new place . Half way up we get a text from hubby’s cousin and she says the place isn’t ready for us to move in. WTH🤬🤬🤬🤬So I tell hubby to rent the truck for a few days longer and park it at his aunt’s farm and we go back home the same day. 15 hours of driving. He told his cousin look our furniture arrives the 27th we don’t give a rat’s ass if the contractor isn’t finished . 

My son lost it I mean LOST IT . Running down the highway lost it . 

The 27th the movers collect our furniture and we drive up. It is loaded off on the 28th. We off loaded our boxes on the 29th and returned the truck. 

Sunday we all drove back down and I collected more stuff and hubby had now moved to his single room on base and we are without him for a year. 😓😓😓

Tomorrow I head down to the first place we were posted to in 2010 so I can go to the dentist . Supposed to be a blizzard and 30 CM tomorrow . 

Thursday and Sat I go and collect more stuff from the house and will be a 15 hour driving day both days.