Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

13 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Ugh, moving and then getting settled in is always such a nightmare. Add in long distance and it quadruples. 

It would have been nice if you had been notified ahead of time the house wasn't ready!

Right? I currently have no workable kitchen. No counters, no sink and no cupboards so I can’t put anything away. No fridge because it is on order. The only working bathroom is in the basement. And my mom’s room isn’t ready and the basement isn’t ready for my son. I am so beyond irritated. 

I can't believe they didn't even tell you. I would be furious if I had given up my previous home and packed everything up and moved it all only to find out the house didn't even have the basics.

One time when I moved they installed a new toilet that same day but that was no big deal. The guy was finishing up when I got there. 

3 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I can't believe they didn't even tell you. I would be furious if I had given up my previous home and packed everything up and moved it all only to find out the house didn't even have the basics.

One time when I moved they installed a new toilet that same day but that was no big deal. The guy was finishing up when I got there. 

Right ? We had given up our old home and the rest of my stuff had to be gone it it must be Bristol shape by the 15th. 
My mom has to be out of her place by the 20th. She is ready to loose it . 
oh I am mad for sure . If my husband had to put up with this chaos for too long he would lose his mind. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Right ? We had given up our old home and the rest of my stuff had to be gone it it must be Bristol shape by the 15th. 
My mom has to be out of her place by the 20th. She is ready to loose it . 
oh I am mad for sure . If my husband had to put up with this chaos for too long he would lose his mind. 

I am so sorry to hear all of this - you of all people do not deserve this kind of stress and chaos!  I know you're resilient and strong -and - come on!  Moving is so stressful already.  I hope everything is resolved quickly. What are you doing as far as the basics -food/cooking, etc?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

I am so sorry to hear all of this - you of all people do not deserve this kind of stress and chaos!  I know you're resilient and strong -and - come on!  Moving is so stressful already.  I hope everything is resolved quickly. What are you doing as far as the basics -food/cooking, etc?

My stove is plugged in and works, thankfully. My son and I make or heat up what we can and eat it all. I am bringing up my microwave on Thursday . Again no counter 🤬🙄

10 hours ago, Seraphim said:

My stove is plugged in and works, thankfully. My son and I make or heat up what we can and eat it all. I am bringing up my microwave on Thursday . Again no counter 🤬🙄

Little by little I guess -again sorry about all this frustration!!

• Like 1

This was our drive back home last night . The remote hwy was completely snow covered and it was snowing so hard . I only saw 10 cars in 200 KM. I had to go 50KM/HR in 4x4 for 240 KM. It was gruelling . The two “ major roads” leading here are not well travelled and one road has no cell service for 100 KM. 

IMG_2148.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

What are these questions online if it is safe to go outside on the total solar eclipse today??? Asleep in science class? Of course it is . Just don’t look at the sun directly like every other dang day. The sun didn’t just get magical properties because the moon passed in front of it . 

15 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

Most of those people believe that science is a conspiracy.   The insanity about the eclipse all over the Internet is really nuts.  I can't believe we've come to this point.

I had to check to be sure I was in 2024. I mean I don’t get it . The sun is the same today that it was yesterday. The same big ball of gas in the sky don’t look directly at it . 

In a local mom’s group someone posted anonymously if it was safe for her to drive and walk outside . What??? When I said just don’t look at the sun like any other day but yes live your life I got the snarky response of “ I am not an effing idiot . I know to not look at the sun.” I felt like saying then what is the effing question then. 🤦‍♀️😂

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I had to check to be sure I was in 2024. I mean I don’t get it . The sun is the same today that it was yesterday. The same big ball of gas in the sky don’t look directly at it . 

In a local mom’s group someone posted anonymously if it was safe for her to drive and walk outside . What??? When I said just don’t look at the sun like any other day but yes live your life I got the snarky response of “ I am not an effing idiot . I know to not look at the sun.” I felt like saying then what is the effing question then. 🤦‍♀️😂

She posted anon because she felt silly asking it! Lol. 

I was thinking of this skit today. How many people are over thinking "don't stare directly at the sun" today? STARE DIRECTLY AT THE SUN !! 😆

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I'm trying to figure out why this eclipse is supposed to be a punishment from God. How exactly are we being punished? It's not going away forever 🙄

That is crazy a few minutes of darkness equals punishment ?? 

27 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

That is crazy a few minutes of darkness equals punishment ?? 

It suits their agenda to claim the eclipse is a punishment from God. Of course it's a political agenda. God wants to punish the US so he sends an eclipse to the entire planet. Alrighty then!

3 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

It suits their agenda to claim the eclipse is a punishment from God. Of course it's a political agenda. God wants to punish the US so he sends an eclipse to the entire planet. Alrighty then!

Silly and makes no sense . All silly like the woman who feels she can’t walk outside . 

27 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am nervous as all hell. My son met up with someone he met online at a local gaming location. 

I know. I’d be nervous too. But it’s nice he’s meeting a new friend 

• Like 1