Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

7 hours ago, Seraphim said:

The public service just went on strike. 🥴🙄

This must be catching!

Teachers over here, medical staff, train drivers - and the hubby has some things going through to be sent to another country that need different kind of legal licenses, and the body that undertakes that has been on strike for a week or two! Didn't even know until it felt like nothing was happening for awhile!

I joke I might go on strike! I'd like more money and some more time off please - HA! Let's shake the money tree harder!!!!

x

1 hour ago, mylolita said:

This must be catching!

Teachers over here, medical staff, train drivers - and the hubby has some things going through to be sent to another country that need different kind of legal licenses, and the body that undertakes that has been on strike for a week or two! Didn't even know until it felt like nothing was happening for awhile!

I joke I might go on strike! I'd like more money and some more time off please - HA! Let's shake the money tree harder!!!!

x

The entire world is going to hell in a handcart. 

Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above.

Gia Carangi

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

Is it a transmission or engine replacement?

No, front and back brakes and back suspension. The suspension is gone on one side but they want to replace both. Just the labour for the suspension is $1200. The parts are $1500 for the suspension. And about $1700 for both sets of brakes. 

20 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Poor hubby he has some kind of skin infection that I am sure came from the hospital. He is at work today. He will be two full days a week next week and then after 2 weeks he will be 3 full days a week for a month and then maybe back to full time. 

Poor guy can't get a break.

22 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Poor guy can't get a break.

Right? And it is on his face and mouth. The military medical clinic won’t take him today. They said come back tomorrow. Like everything. 🙄 Everyone is doing the best they can but the healthcare system is failing . People can only work so hard we need more people . 
The strike got nasty yesterday. Three picketers were hit on purpose with a car. School buses are held up . The trucks to restock restaurants on base won’t cross the picket so my son can’t get lunch there. We bought at the grocery store instead. 

Just now, boltnrun said:

What's interesting is I just read of someone who is moving from the US to Canada because he said he believes the healthcare system in Canada is vastly superior. I have no idea if that's true. 🤷‍♀️

It is falling apart because we don’t have enough people. Wait times are HORRENDOUS. Probably what he means is you won’t go bankrupt and lose your shirt for one operation. Here we aren’t one operation or illness away from homelessness. We pay  through our provincial taxes for our provincial healthcare. Things like drugs and glasses and dental are through your own personal health insurance. Lucky my husband as part of the public sector has a good plan and only pay $4 a month for it. My son is covered by disability and my husband has his own plan under the military through Blue Cross because the military doesn’t have provincial healthcare cards. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Right? And it is on his face and mouth. The military medical clinic won’t take him today. They said come back tomorrow. Like everything. 🙄 Everyone is doing the best they can but the healthcare system is failing . People can only work so hard we need more people . 
The strike got nasty yesterday. Three picketers were hit on purpose with a car. School buses are held up . The trucks to restock restaurants on base won’t cross the picket so my son can’t get lunch there. We bought at the grocery store instead. 

I've never seen things so bad here in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Me either. And I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I think the world is going to hell in a hand cart. I really believe that.

Naw I don't think you are a conspiracy theorist . The writing has been on the wall for a while. I think most people see what's going on but most feel powerless to do anything or even scared to say anything. And a lot are just trying to claw by now so not much time in a day. And I think too Canadians have been pretty comfy being complacent since we had such a great quality of life for so long. A bit of the "it doesn't impact me " going on. 

9 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Naw I don't think you are a conspiracy theorist . The writing has been on the wall for a while. I think most people see what's going on but most feel powerless to do anything or even scared to say anything. And a lot are just trying to claw by now so not much time in a day. And I think too Canadians have been pretty comfy being complacent since we had such a great quality of life for so long. A bit of the "it doesn't impact me " going on. 

I hear you 100%.