Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

Well Jeebus, this morning. She is IMPOSSIBLE. I bought myself the wrong yogourt and I found out when I ate a spoonful . So I say ahhh crap I bought the wrong yogourt . She said did you eat mine by mistake ? I said no I bought the wrong one. She says how do you know. I said I know I bought the wrong one . Then she says go to the fridge and make sure you didn’t eat mine that could be what happened. I said I know I didn’t I don’t need to check. I walk over to the fridge bring over my container and show her. It says vanilla on it then show her her container which isn’t even opened yet. Then she starts screaming at me I won’t make any good damned suggestions then if you’re so effin smart and your temper is ***ing abominable. And she is screaming . 
Then stomps to her room. 

***. All I said was no I didn’t open your yogourt by mistake . 
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Well Jeebus, this morning. She is IMPOSSIBLE. I bought myself the wrong yogourt and I found out when I ate a spoonful . So I say ahhh crap I bought the wrong yogourt . She said did you eat mine by mistake ? I said no I bought the wrong one. She says how do you know. I said I know I bought the wrong one . Then she says go to the fridge and make sure you didn’t eat mine that could be what happened. I said I know I didn’t I don’t need to check. I walk over to the fridge bring over my container and show her. It says vanilla on it then show her her container which isn’t even opened yet. Then she starts screaming at me I won’t make any good damned suggestions then if you’re so effin smart and your temper is ***ing abominable. And she is screaming . 
Then stomps to her room. 

***. All I said was no I didn’t open your yogourt by mistake . 
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Ugh I'm sorry.  Easier said then done but simply make no such comments anymore as you know she'll have some overblown reaction.  Also she's not the sort of person to back down when shown "proof" -it likely makes her even more frustrated to admit she was mistaken.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

Ugh I'm sorry.  Easier said then done but simply make no such comments anymore as you know she'll have some overblown reaction.  Also she's not the sort of person to back down when shown "proof" -it likely makes her even more frustrated to admit she was mistaken.  Sigh.

You’re right she won’t ever back down either . But she says she is easy going . 🙄🙄🙄 She totally expects me to backdown because I am her child and she is “ helping” . 

I just will have to walk away and go to my room. Although I did try that once and she was yelling from the living-room , so rude leaving me here by myself . So there is no way to win this at all. Next I will just get in my car and go out for the day . 

15 hours ago, Seraphim said:

You’re right she won’t ever back down either . But she says she is easy going . 🙄🙄🙄 She totally expects me to backdown because I am her child and she is “ helping” . 

I just will have to walk away and go to my room. Although I did try that once and she was yelling from the living-room , so rude leaving me here by myself . So there is no way to win this at all. Next I will just get in my car and go out for the day . 

Seraphim! 

I know this sounds heartless but, you’re potentially talking about the rest of your life and hers. Is there no way she could be put in alternative, close by accommodation? 

From the sounds of it I can’t see this realistically going on for years and years without you exploding! It’s your home - you shouldn’t be made to walk around on eggshells like this?!

x

17 hours ago, Seraphim said:

How about "I will let you know if I need help and what kind of help -would that work? I am an adult and also your child so that sounds like a good compromise to me"

Unfortunately, no she can’t go anywhere else she doesn’t have the money for that. 

This morning has been great though. It is 9:50 and she only surfaced from her room for the bathroom and wandered around when no one was awake ( I was awake because my cats had been annoying me for food since 5:30. ) and  went back to sleep. I went back to sleep and got up at 8:30 fed the cats and had my tea and yogourt . A morning the way I like it , QUIET. I can’t take chaos first thing in the morning . She LOOOOOOVES talking first thing and thinks this is how humans should be and if you are any way different  you’re an angry depressed person. It couldn’t be that you’re a bit overwhelmed by chaos in the morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaunty said:

Everything OK?

Oh yes, my husband is good. From what I know there was no damage to structures or injuries. All great news. Lucky it was also an EF0. Unfortunately, the weather digital alert system failed that day. 

• Like 2

I got some spectacular fireworks shots from Monday night but I have watermarked them already so I can’t show them . I might be able to cover the watermark and show some. 

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I think I have Covid again and feel like absolute crap. 

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I'm here to listen and I hope you don't and I hope you feel much better very very soon.