He's very wealth, I'm not. He wants to go on a date....

sophielove111

I know I might be running before I walk but I tend to over think things and want to get some advice.

I started messaging this guy on Tinder and we hit it off so i gave hom my number. We have spoken on the phone and we got on well. He now wants to meet up for a drink.

He hasn't told me but I googled him and he's a multimillionaire. I on the other hand live from pay check to pay check.

I feel a bit intimidated that hes so wealth and I'm not. I've never gone out with someone with money before and don't know if that's going to create a problem as we are from two different worlds.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

why are you trying to figure out what you are before you ever meet?

that is not well used energy.

This one is simple: if money/wealth and the disparity in wealth is a dealbreaker for you - don't date him.

If you are okay with it - go out on a date and get to know him and see how it goes in person WITHOUT putting all these obstacles and analysis BEFORE hand.

You don't assess the "relationship" with all these things you come up with BEFORE YOU EVER MEET!

Good luck.

My ex was a millionaire, but I didn't know for a couple of months into our relationship so I went into it without any preconceptions or feeling intimidated. He knew that my salary was a world away from his, so although he insisted on paying for meals out etc I would contribute by buying the drinks or in some other way so I didn't feel like I was taking advantage. Unfortunately I came to realise that he was a terrible narcissist and had a grand sense of entitlement, but that's another story, lol.

I imagine you wish you hadn't looked him up now.

Maybe he just has the same name as the millionaire. Maybe he is giving a fake name. Who knows. And how do you now by googling he is a millionaire unless he is a famous person?

Go meet this guy in a public place and pretend you only know about him what he has told you - decide based on the ease of conversation and the time you have if you would like to see him again. That's it. yes or no.

BTW, sometimes people who have disparities in income work fine particularly if they share a similar family background. If some kid i grew up with ended up investing right, inventing something or whatever and become a millionaire, we would have enough in common. Yes its one thing if one person is a millionaire and the other is in poverty, but if you an average person that is good at managing their bills and is gainfully employed, it may not. There is a difference between dating a trustfund baby and someone who was a regular joe and got really good at something and made a lot of money. There are people who were plumbers who eventually opened their own business and hired other plumbers and became a millionaire and were from very humble beginnings.

Its just one date. Just go out - and say yes or no to seeing him again

I know I might be running before I walk but I tend to over think things and want to get some advice.

I started messaging this guy on Tinder and we hit it off so i gave hom my number. We have spoken on the phone and we got on well. He now wants to meet up for a drink.

He hasn't told me but I googled him and he's a multimillionaire. I on the other hand live from pay check to pay check.

I feel a bit intimidated that hes so wealth and I'm not. I've never gone out with someone with money before and don't know if that's going to create a problem as we are from two different worlds.

Has anyone else been in this situation?

He's a multimillionaire. He probably has figured out statistically that most women he meets online aren't going to be rich. He's obviously O.K with it. Dip your toe in the water and see what happens. I have two gal pals who ended up marrying very rich men. They are very happy, and very well looked after. Sounds like a good gig to me.

He's a multimillionaire. He probably has figured out statistically that most women he meets online aren't going to be rich. He's obviously O.K with it. Dip your toe in the water and see what happens. I have two gal pals who ended up marrying very rich men. They are very happy, and very well looked after. Sounds like a good gig to me.

Its probably a lot easier for him to have some anonymity on Tinder and also he may not find a match with women in his circles or has not found one.

A woman at his income level is not willing to relocate should down the road his business interests dictate he move, and women in his circle may not want to have children or are not willing to alter their work role for them. Or they are already married.

He could be just there to hook up - he could be looking for something serious - who knows....

But remember, its just a date - its not marriage

Not by any kind of design, but the bulk of my dating prospects as an adult (including my now wife) had been wealthier than me. Not necessarily multimillionaires but definitely much more well off than most of us, whether due to their family or their current jobs. They're people just like anyone else. There's really not much to be intimidated by. If money is an issue, it will come to a head sooner than later. Don't expect to be treated any differently than any guy in your financial cohort would treat you, but be candid if this guy starts offering certain outings or at a certain frequency you can't afford, assuming you two even get to that point. Leave it to him to decide whether he needs someone with more of a disposable income, even if not exactly at the level of his own. No, I doubt he's not expecting to match up with too many fellow millionaires, but there's quite a buffer between "living paycheck to paycheck" and being absolutely loaded, and it may well be he'd like someone who can at least afford her own plate of steak. No way to know.

Not that you should be worrying at all prior to even meeting him, but if you were to be, I'd worry more about whether you're even going to like him enough to go on a second date (or he, you) before worrying about what's in his wallet.

he's a multimillionaire. I on the other hand live from pay check to pay check. I feel a bit intimidated that hes so wealth and I'm not. I've never gone out with someone with money before and don't know if that's going to create a problem as we are from two different worlds.

It will only be a problem if you make it one to be honest. I've dated people with no money, with money, with lots of money. At the end of the day what matters is who they are as people. There are plenty of entitled a$$holes with no money, and plenty of super kind and stable people with money... just focus on getting to know him as a person.

teaches you for snooping lol.

its much better to assess people in person rather than try to figure them out before you meet them. trust yourself. trust your judgement. and good luck and hopefully have fun.

I always googled for safety purposes and ended up cancelling a number of first meets because of what I found (white collar crime issues, lying about age, etc.)

I've dated a couple of people who were very rich; one was a complete a-hole where it didn't last very long. He'd have been an a-hole no matter how much or little money he'd had. The other lasted. He was interested in me because I was creative, not very materialistic and we could have deep conversations - unlike many of the women he encountered in his life.

Don't write someone off just because they're wealthy; it's easy to assume that rich people will be a certain way, but that's just as prejudiced as assuming that poor people will be a certain way.

Give the guy a chance and if you like what you see - keep seeing him! And enjoy!

You should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Millionaire or not, it doesn’t change the fact that he is potentially a good guy.

Why is he on Tinder? Hmmm maybe he wants to meet someone differently rather than feeling like the women he’s seeing are just seeing him for his money. What you make financially and what he makes shouldn’t be a dealbreaker.

Give it a chance before you jump in completely.

I know you’re being cautious and like you said you’re jumping the gun here a bit by overthinking, I do the same thing at times. But try and relax, meet up, pay attention to who he is and not what is in his wallet.

Archived