Please help - 3rd date went from wonderful into a nightmare

aroud

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Test results today or tomorrow but it's a moot point because these mild symptoms are textbook. The thing I need to be totally primed to do is reframe my life and just deal with this because there is no turning back and what is done is done.

You mean the tingling? That could be due to stress, it's quite common (see reinventmyself's post #81).

Did you check out my post (#79) and the website I mentioned - familydoctor.org?

It discusses the symptoms during the first breakout after initial exposure (primary breakout), nothing about tingling.

But I suppose anything is possible.

Where did you learn tingling was a symptom?

Anyway, try and relax it's one more day.

Best of luck and let us know!

To add OP, the website I mentioned stated that symptoms appear within 2-8 days after exposure. Today is the 8th day (according to my calculations from your initial post)

If you're not experiencing flu-like symptoms (body-aches, fever, headache), groups of painful blisters in the genital area containing fluid, redness, painful urination or genital discharge, you are most likely in the clear.

Just trying to ease your mind a bit cause I know how it goes (having dealt with my own cancer scare).

Again good luck!

Good point actually. I didn't forget to use protection and I've been blaming myself for being careless. However I thought that would protect me but due to how contagious this thing is, that's not enough.

It depends on where her breakout was and so a condom could protect you if it covered where you had contact with her original breakout site. I assume you don't know where exactly that was as she wasn't having an active outbreak .

So tonight my tingling around my hands and feet, and also up my legs seems to be worse than other days. Seems to be close to peripheral neuropathy: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/peripheral-neuropathy/. One of the causes can be HSV, but it's conceivable there are other causes. I get it in my groin area sometimes, and my buttocks.

My swab test came back negative today, which would be reassuring if it were not for these problems tonight. There seems to something seriously wrong because I've never had these symptoms in my life.

The tingle, kind of like very small pin s, are every 30 seconds or so tonight, more frequent that they've been. They occur on my torso tonight also. I felt the onset of this around 4 days ago. I get these odd flashes of soreness around my body also. Back of the knees, my left collarbone just now.

There is what looks like an insect bite on my inner thigh in the groin area on the left. I've just checked my penis and can't see anything new, spots, sores, or cuts or anything.

I'm physically in good shape normally so this worsening nerve issue is really concerning. Physically this getting worse.

Congrats on the negative swab test!!! At least now you know you don't have Herpes.

Re the severe tingling, have you made an apt with your doctor?

Only a doctor can properly diagnosis this aroud, best of luck.

I will be going to the doctor about this today. Lots of people on forums seem to get neuropathy with herpes. Whatever the case something is wrong and I will see a doctor today and get referred if needed because I need to know the root cause.

Just saw the doctor about the tingling and soreness last night. This morning started getting intermittent shooting pain to the left of my stomach. I explained everything to them and they said give it a few days and if it's still happening we can try to look for a deeper cause.

Still getting tingling in hands, feet, buttocks, groin area. Apart from the insect bite looking lump on my left upper thigh, there is nothing new physically yet. I pressed it and it's a bit sore. I don't know what to think and am not reassured. Reading herpes sufferer forums still has me thinking I've got it but I can't explain the negative swab test on the cracked skin which appeared on Sunday. Still no idea how and why that happened.

Um, that's not something you say mid-coitus. WTH. I'd finish, because might as well, but I'd be out the door and would never speak to her again.

Do you honestly think you'd be in the right frame to *finish* after just being told the chick you're in the middle of screwing has Herpes?

Not doubting you could do that, just surprised that you could.

Just saw the doctor about the tingling and soreness last night. This morning started getting intermittent shooting pain to the left of my stomach. I explained everything to them and they said give it a few days and if it's still happening we can try to look for a deeper cause.

Still getting tingling in hands, feet, buttocks, groin area. Apart from the insect bite looking lump on my left upper thigh, there is nothing new physically yet. I pressed it and it's a bit sore. I don't know what to think and am not reassured. Reading herpes sufferer forums still has me thinking I've got it but I can't explain the negative swab test on the cracked skin which appeared on Sunday. Still no idea how and why that happened.

Was there any discussion about taking a culture of what appeared to look like a bug bite?

I'm not a doctor, so take this with a hefty grain of salt. What it sounds like to me is anxiety. You've got yourself so worked up over herpes that your stress and anxiety is manifesting itself in vague physical symptoms.

You're negative. The doctors sent you away. Give them some trust. Stop reading about it and obsessing over it. You don't have herpes.

Do you honestly think you'd be in the right frame to *finish* after just being told the chick you're in the middle of screwing has Herpes?

Not doubting you could do that, just surprised that you could.

Take it from me. You will not be able to finish anything after finding out that.

Hey everyone. Just to confirm for the guys there. You will not be able to 'finish'.

After speaking with the doctors I get the possibility of anxiety being responsible. The 2nd doctor (was a general GP, not at sexual health clinic) was amamant it was due to stress. I took this on board, and tried to relax today until. Sorry people I feel almost ashamed for being like this, but I'll tell you anyway (btw I am seriously a bit of a mess mentally right now)

I got a tingle in the upper left thigh, and rather annoyed throught is that. I've got what looks identical to a whitehead (spot) on my thigh now, and yes, this is one of the potential mild symptoms of an outbreak for the vast number of people who get really mild symptoms. Leading to more panic, and anxiety, adrenaline rush through my body. I've posted this picture of the pimple on a herpes sufferer site and the basic advice is get it swabbed.

On the verge of thinking I might be ok, I'm like no, I'm not even going there. Between now and 24th Feb is the up to 20 day window for primary outbreak symptoms, so anything that logically might be a symptom I just have to get swabbed. So my last 2 hours have been a total panic and feelings of being upset. And guys, seriously this kind of risk could happen to anyone. I was totally naive about HSV2 and literally knew hardly anything about it until this scare. I just assumed if you use a condom then chances are, you'll be safe. Until you get into this kind of situation and then you wake up.

Hang in there aroud. I honestly think this is all anxiety related. Do what you gotta do to finally convince yourself that you're okay and after that, consider starting an anti-depressant, you don't need to go through so much anxiety in any situation.

You'll be okay.

Thanks for the kind words.

I have bad news. I went for a run and came back to find groups of whiteheads on both inner thighs now. It looks awful. Doctors tomorrow for swabs.

Psychologically feeling not rock bottom. Maybe I'm being brave. I just have to think of only positive things.

Didn't you already have a negative test?

Yes I did. Unfortunately I am mentally struggling so anything resembling HSV2 symptoms gets magnified. This is what I did not realise about HSV2 in that some people can have no symptoms, some mild, the only way to be sure is to get the antibody test after 12 weeks according to my doctor.

Clicking back into "I'm ok" mode is pretty much a non-starter for me. This whole episode is many magnitudes more traumatic when you are living it.

Yes I did. Unfortunately I am mentally struggling so anything resembling HSV2 symptoms gets magnified. This is what I did not realise about HSV2 in that some people can have no symptoms, some mild, the only way to be sure is to get the antibody test after 12 weeks according to my doctor.

Clicking back into "I'm ok" mode is pretty much a non-starter for me. This whole episode is many magnitudes more traumatic when you are living it.

So if the first test was negative that means the chances are excellent, right, that the second test will be the same? Certainly tingling can be stress related - if you feel actual numbness or have speech aphasia then the tingling could be a more serious symptom, but not of HSV IMO.

Archived