I'm 49 and I just got dumped

LazyDaisy

I did not take him back and im not going to. I am listening to all your responses and i am going to do what is best for my son and for me. Im going to start trying to build more friendships and get involved in other things like volunteering. Im going to start taking some trips with my son.

He keeps sending messages and I haven’t responded.

I’m going to tell him today that its over for good.

Im going to keep seeing the new guy but keep it at a nice slow pace.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did not take him back and im not going to. I am listening to all your responses and i am going to do what is best for my son and for me. Im going to start trying to build more friendships and get involved in other things like volunteering. Im going to start taking some trips with my son.

He keeps sending messages and I haven’t responded.

I’m going to tell him today that its over for good.

Im going to keep seeing the new guy but keep it at a nice slow pace.

Great. Step in the right direction. You deserve better.

I told him that I didn’t want to get back together. He got a little hysterical- texting and calling. But he stopped. He said I’m killing him. I didn’t give in. I feel bad, and very sad and scared and like someone died.

Going to spend a nice quiet evening with my son watching movies. Maybe tomorrow i will go out to dinner with just me and my son. Haven’t done that since he was little.

Now will you block him? Or is it just too enjoyable and satisfying to your ego that he keeps messaging you?

Tell him one final "no", then block him for good. Otherwise next time you're feeling "alone" or you start thinking life would be so much less terrifying with him in it, you might fall for his manipulative lies.

Now will you block him? Or is it just too enjoyable and satisfying to your ego that he keeps messaging you?

Tell him one final "no", then block him for good. Otherwise next time you're feeling "alone" or you start thinking life would be so much less terrifying with him in it, you might fall for his manipulative lies.

I have to agree.

I cant block him. We need to communicate regarding out boat. He is going to let me know when he has the money to buy me out and then i have to sign the title.

I’m never going back. I promise. I feel very alone and scared today but I didn’t give in and I won’t give in to him in the future either.

I know i want someone different and im going to hold out for the right person.

I told him that I didn’t want to get back together. He got a little hysterical- texting and calling. But he stopped. He said I’m killing him. I didn’t give in. I feel bad, and very sad and scared and like someone died.

Going to spend a nice quiet evening with my son watching movies. Maybe tomorrow i will go out to dinner with just me and my son. Haven’t done that since he was little.

I go to dinner just my daughter and I, and it's a great feeling.

Concentrate on him, let him be the guy in your life for now :)

I cant block him. We need to communicate regarding out boat. He is going to let me know when he has the money to buy me out and then i have to sign the title.

I’m never going back. I promise. I feel very alone and scared today but I didn’t give in and I won’t give in to him in the future either.

I know i want someone different and im going to hold out for the right person.

Oh man, of course you can block him! You can have him communicate via written letter about the gosh-darned boat.

I seriously think you like his begging. It makes you feel like for once you have the upper hand instead of him. But you're walking on dangerous ground here by reading and listening to all his manipulative words.

Well, I hope your dinner with your son is enjoyable. I bet he would have liked to do that more in all the years you were focused on that man. Your son is a gem, I hope you realize that and put the focus back on him.

I do realize my son is an angel. I know I haven’t been the best parent but i will make it up to him.

I'm glad to hear that.

He's probably been feeling a bit invisible while you've been putting your focus on trying to get that man to love you. But you have a golden opportunity here to make him realize HE is your number one, not that man.

Oh, and leave your phone at home during dinner. If you refuse to block that man at least your son can have your full attention at dinner.

Oh man, of course you can block him! You can have him communicate via written letter about the gosh-darned boat.

I seriously think you like his begging. It makes you feel like for once you have the upper hand instead of him. But you're walking on dangerous ground here by reading and listening to all his manipulative words.

Well, I hope your dinner with your son is enjoyable. I bet he would have liked to do that more in all the years you were focused on that man. Your son is a gem, I hope you realize that and put the focus back on him.

I really wish we would stop feeding into this lady’s drama as I believe she likes the attention. You don’t have to communicate with him about a boat. Hire a lawyer or let him communicate through a third party. You are both dysfunctional. Concentrate on your son.

i'm glad to hear that.

He's probably been feeling a bit invisible while you've been putting your focus on trying to get that man to love you. But you have a golden opportunity here to make him realize he is your number one, not that man.

Oh, and leave your phone at home during dinner. If you refuse to block that man at least your son can have your full attention at dinner.

great advice!

I can't believe you are going to jump from one guy to another. Why don't you focus on your health and child, not another man.

Deal with your life independently. You should be taking at least a year off without men. You need to understand why you have been in this 11 year mess.

I wasnt really looking to get into another relationship. It kind of just happened. I met up with a guy from highschool just to talk and we really hit it off.

I don’t know if it will turn serious. What i do know is i have more fun with him then i ever had in my whole live. He makes me feel alive. Maybe it was meant to be in order to help me leave the other one. I dont know. What i do know is there is absolutely no way im going to hurt this guy. He knows the deal - i told him we have to go real slow.

I wasnt really looking to get into another relationship. It kind of just happened. I met up with a guy from highschool just to talk and we really hit it off.

I don’t know if it will turn serious. What i do know is i have more fun with him then i ever had in my whole live. He makes me feel alive. Maybe it was meant to be in order to help me leave the other one. I dont know. What i do know is there is absolutely no way im going to hurt this guy. He knows the deal - i told him we have to go real slow.

I am a firm believer in the fact that people cross our paths for a reason.

Then, they become a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

See this as a path forward, that he will travel with you, and hold no expectations(make it clear to him)

instead of having a relationship, start a friendship.

You are in no state of mind mentally nor emotionally to have anything but.

Good luck :)

I am a firm believer in the fact that people cross our paths for a reason.

Then, they become a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

See this as a path forward, that he will travel with you, and hold no expectations(make it clear to him)

instead of having a relationship, start a friendship.

You are in no state of mind mentally nor emotionally to have anything but.

Good luck :)

Thank you. Yes there is a reason for this. And we are already friends so to speak. I have known him since 6th grade. We know all the same people and live 10 minutes apart. And of course he knows my ex. They played sports together.

He comes from a really good family. They are well known in the town where i live.

So the basis of a good friendship is there for sure. The first night we went out we ran into a bunch of people from highschool and had a blast. Made me feel so young.

Ok. Im trying to reconnect with some female friends. I made tentative plans for Saturday with one.

My best friend of many years and i had a falling out 6 months ago. I just sent her a text asking her how shes been. She didnt respond. She might not. Its ok. I will keep trying.

I agree, time for female friends to occupy your time. You can't put all your eggs in one basket. And how would your parents react to know how you have been treated?

My parents are glad to see that we are broken up. They are old school and believe you should marry the person you are in love with. They did like him- he had his good moments. But they felt the relationship wasn’t completely healthy.

I’ve been looking at all of our photos that we took over the last 11 years. Torturing myself. Trying to mourn and grieve and get some closure.

My parents are glad to see that we are broken up. They are old school and believe you should marry the person you are in love with. They did like him- he had his good moments. But they felt the relationship wasn’t completely healthy.

I’ve been looking at all of our photos that we took over the last 11 years. Torturing myself. Trying to mourn and grieve and get some closure.

Then you're not embarrassing your parents by not being friends with him.

Archived