I'm 49 and I just got dumped

LazyDaisy

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OP, where is the father of your child?

He has never been involved in his life. He never met him. He’s a weird one. When I told him I was pregnant he said he didn’t want kids and I said ok I will just raise him on my own. In public he denies he is the father. I had a paternity test done to prove it and he denies it anyway.

Just because people do it doesn't mean its healthy!! And how can you go from being so distraught you can't cope because your ex is not contacting you to feeling "so alive" - that sounds like manic depression, delusion or high distraction.

Nope. It’s called meeting the right guy. He has changed my outlook on relationships completely. He is so open and honest and fun. He puts his feelings out there. We connect on such an intimate level. I’ve been able to express my feelings about him to him and vice versa. But yet at the same time we have fun and just laugh and laugh. Intoxicating.

You are all so right. I need to date no one right now. I need to focus on my child and my finances. The NYE guy is coming on strong. Its freaking me out. It makes me want to run right back to my “comfort zone”.

You posted this 6 days ago. Now suddenly you two are "crazy about each other"?

And only a few days ago you were distraught over the other guy.

You must understand why people are concerned. You change your mind completely in the space of just a few days. It's difficult to believe this is real when you flip flop so abruptly.

Are you absolutely sure you aren't just seeing this new guy as a way to try to forget the other guy? Is he just a way to keep having a man in your life?

I just blocked the ex. And I will never unblock him. He started bothering me last night. He’s been begging and begging. When I wouldn’t give in he started getting nasty. I should have blocked him earlier. I was worried about the money he owes me. I know I will get it somehow.

He always shows his true colors.

Nope. It’s called meeting the right guy. He has changed my outlook on relationships completely. He is so open and honest and fun. He puts his feelings out there. We connect on such an intimate level. I’ve been able to express my feelings about him to him and vice versa. But yet at the same time we have fun and just laugh and laugh. Intoxicating.

All in one date. WOW!

Boltnrun. I understand why people are concerned. Yes, its totally crazy. But everyday this guy takes another little piece of my heart. I’m falling in love. I didn’t plan it and yes I think its way too soon and against my better judgement. But its happening.

What this is, is lust and a distraction from the ex.

You're in the honeymoon period with this guy right now.

Go slow and deal with your unresolved issues, and put your son as your top priority, before this guy.

It may work out long term, but you're rebounding, so proceed with caution.

What are you doing to manage your bipolar?

I take 2 medications for my bi polar. I just switched to a new medication. Seems to work pretty well.

I think this new relationship will work out long term. Im going slower than I want to. In talking with him we both want the same things out of a relationship. We have the same values.

I take 2 medications for my bi polar. I just switched to a new medication. Seems to work pretty well.

I think this new relationship will work out long term. Im going slower than I want to. In talking with him we both want the same things out of a relationship. We have the same values.

Ok, good to hear you addressed your issue with the medication.

Go slow, because anything worth having, is worth waiting for.

I don't need to tell you that sometimes we are asked what we want, and then the other says

they want the same, when in reality they are just trying to be pleasing in the moment.

Ok, good to hear you addressed your issue with the medication.

Go slow, because anything worth having, is worth waiting for.

I don't need to tell you that sometimes we are asked what we want, and then the other says

they want the same, when in reality they are just trying to be pleasing in the moment.

Yes. But he said things first. He is the one really pushing things along. At first it really scared me. We had a little misunderstanding and we worked it out in such a great way. I think that was the turning point for me. I started to look at him as longterm potential.

Yes. But he said things first. He is the one really pushing things along. At first it really scared me. We had a little misunderstanding and we worked it out in such a great way. I think that was the turning point for me. I started to look at him as longterm potential.

What's his recent relationship status? Has he been single for a while?

Everyone looks pretty good on the first few dates. does he know that you were in an 11 year relationship and even when you were on your date with him, you were hoping the ex and you would work out?

Everyone looks pretty good on the first few dates. does he know that you were in an 11 year relationship and even when you were on your date with him, you were hoping the ex and you would work out?

Yes. He knows about my 11 year relationship. We live in the same town and know all the same people. He knows my ex. We are friends on Facebook and he has seen all my posts over the years. He said If I wanted to get back together with my ex he wasn’t going to stand in my way.

What happened to to dog grooming business? or am i confusing you with someone else?

No that was me. That was my bright idea when I went off my bi polar meds. Once I got back on them I realized how dumb that idea was. Im opening a bookkeeping business because its more suited to my background. I’ve been an Accountant for 25 years.

Yes. He knows about my 11 year relationship. We live in the same town and know all the same people. He knows my ex. We are friends on Facebook and he has seen all my posts over the years. He said If I wanted to get back together with my ex he wasn’t going to stand in my way.

This is suggestive of someone not going to fully invest in a relationship with you.

After only a few dates and already looking at him as long term potential? :eek: You don't think this is "too much, too soon"?

No. Maybe I feel an extra strong connection since I have known him since I was 12. But I just know we are going to end up together for a long time. I felt that way when I started dating the long term guy and I was right. I’ve had enough relationships in my life to be able to tell when its right.

No. Maybe I feel an extra strong connection since I have known him since I was 12. But I just know we are going to end up together for a long time. I felt that way when I started dating the long term guy and I was right. I’ve had enough relationships in my life to be able to tell when its right.

How did the 11 year guy turn out! He was never available as he was married, as was emotionally abusive.

True but we had good times too. No relationship is going to be perfect. We had something that kept us together for a long time. Our relationship wasn’t as dysfunctional as many couples I know.

Now it’s really clear to me what I want and new guy is it. We are going to go away together for a few days in February and I cannot wait!

Archived