I'm 49 and I just got dumped

LazyDaisy

Can I ask why you were not raised by your mother, or another family member? This sounds horrific!

I was raised by my mom. My mom left my dad when I was an infant but went back because he had promised her he had changed. They had my brother moved across country. She left again when I was 5/6 years old. She married someone else. 7 years later she was divorced again and we moved back to where my mom's mom lived. My grandmother died in my arms a year later. 2 months after that my dad kidnapped me and my brother. In that time I was sexually abused by my dad's brother and starved and neglected by my dad. My mom went back to my dad after they found out what happened to me because a child psychiatrist who treated me told her it was of imminent importance I had my dad's support or I might never make it in life . So she did and endured another 10 years of abuse and so did we.

If it wasn't for my mom or I would have killed myself. Just be aware though in 60's and 70's and 80's the support for abused women and kids was in its infancy. My mom had no support from anyone. She was also raised ultra religious and she defied her mom and her Church to leave my dad and remarry. Her dad died when I was 8 years old. She had no parents to help after she was 33.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you.

I am sorry for what you have been through too.

I know Daisy is not my dad or abusive like him. I just think for whatever reason she doesn't want to realize or can't realize the emotional toll a parent's mental illness has on a child. Not everything is money and what you provide monetary. Emotional stability and emotional intelligence is IMMENSELY important.

I know I have impacted my own child on some levels due to my PTSD. I will never deny that. Although I did not cause it I AM responsible for treating it which I have because I know the impact parents have on kids.

It's okay, we all make mistakes as parents. You have self awareness. Parenthood is a challenge, having other

issues complicate it, no doubt.

I was raised by my mom. My mom left my dad when I was an infant but went back because he had promised her he had changed. They had my brother moved across country. She left again when I was 5/6 years old. She married someone else. 7 years later she was divorced again and we moved back to where my mom's mom lived. My grandmother died in my arms a year later. 2 months after that my dad kidnapped me and my brother. In that time I was sexually abused by my dad's brother and starved and neglected by my dad. My mom went back to my dad after they found out what happened to me because a child psychiatrist who treated me told her it was of imminent importance I had my dad's support or I might never make it in life . So she did and endured another 10 years of abuse and so did we.

If it wasn't for my mom or I would have killed myself. Just be aware though in 60's and 70's and 80's the support for abused women and kids was in its infancy. My mom had no support from anyone. She was also raised ultra religious and she defied her mom and her Church to leave my dad and remarry. Her dad died when I was 8 years old. She had no parents to help after she was 33.

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry.

We are close in age, and so i figured that the situation would be that. Thankfully, you have broken the cycle, by being a great parent.

Is your mother still alive?

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry.

We are close in age, and so i figured that the situation would be that. Thankfully, you have broken the cycle, by being a great parent.

Is your mother still alive?

Oh absolutely! She is only 71. She has been with her third husband for 23 years now. My mom and I adore each other to death. I live about 3 hours from her. I see her every couple months .

Yes , I wanted that cycle to die with me . My dad was badly abused as a kid more so than myself .

I can't read through 36 pages of posts but geezus, why are you still with this guy? I remember your posts from early on, we have been members here almost the same amount of time and several if not most of your threads are about him being a complete jerk every time you two go at it. When is enough, enough? How can your son fulfill your wish for him to be a good husband when he doesn't get to witness what a good man is?

I can't read through 36 pages of posts but geezus, why are you still with this guy? I remember your posts from early on, we have been members here almost the same amount of time and several if not most of your threads are about him being a complete jerk every time you two go at it. When is enough, enough? How can your son fulfill your wish for him to be a good husband when he doesn't get to witness what a good man is?

He broke up with her. A week later she's in a relationship and spending nights with a different man who she declares is the love of her life. She's introduced the new man to her son.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived