Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

JJ's Diary of Dating

John John

You certainly are allowed to feel this way. I hate that you're going through this turmoil. No yelling or tough love from me. Just friendship and virtual ears!

Thanks bud. I'm just b*tching/venting. Don't mean to be a pain. I don't think I'm that impatient, as it's been quite a while for me. And it just seems that everyone I know (new friends and old) seems to be in a relationship. It's like...what the hell do I have to do to find a woman I like who likes me back?

It's up to fate/luck in many ways, and that blows in a way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the second time you've referred to your $10 membership fee so I'll jump in here and say that I get solicitations all the time from EH.

The last one was promising a free month (I know, I know, nothin's free) and I had to give a credit card number, figuring I'd opt out after the 30 days.

EH high jacked me for $69 monthly! Luckily I used my AmEx card and they'll cancel and dispute anything.

The credit card rep says they get this all the time and it's pretty typical.

So I my jaw dropped when you mention $10

. . .Just wanted to share

JJ you get girls wolf-whistling you down the street; I don't know why you worry so much mate, it's only a matter of time. Fact of the matter is, you may come across the *right* person tomorrow but you'll be so fixated on the loneliness you may not even notice her. Count your blessings, my friend.

No tough love here, just a few words of encouragement. Patience is a virtue, buddy!

Despite all my many flaws, despite the fact that I still have some insecurities, despite the fact that I still struggle with loneliness and really don't like being single at the end of the day...I am handling it better than I used to. I still have, and will continue to have, my "moments"...I really think I'm ready for and worthy of a solid woman/relationship. I have a lot to offer. Everyone talks all this stuff about "you have to be 100% confident and happy on your own," but people need people. I'm handling my sh*t good enough, I think, to the point where I am ready. Despite my "warts," I am a damn good catch. And above all, a super giving and loyal person.

Despite all my many flaws, despite the fact that I still have some insecurities, despite the fact that I still struggle with loneliness and really don't like being single at the end of the day...I am handling it better than I used to. I still have, and will continue to have, my "moments"...I really think I'm ready for and worthy of a solid woman/relationship. I have a lot to offer. Everyone talks all this stuff about "you have to be 100% confident and happy on your own," but people need people. I'm handling my sh*t good enough, I think, to the point where I am ready. Despite my "warts," I am a damn good catch. And above all, a super giving and loyal person.

That's the spirit, John! Whoever manages to catch you, man, she's a lucky lady!

That's the spirit, John! Whoever manages to catch you, man, she's a lucky lady!

I hope she catches me in the not too distant future. I know "patience is a virtue," but man...it's been enough time already. I really have made efforts work on my sh*t from all angles. I know there's still and always will be room for improvement...but I really think, all things considered...I am good enough.

And thank you very much. I could say the same about you

Haha, I meant for the guy who gets you!!! lol. And yeah..Fudgie is awesome. Super wise beyond her years, too.

Thank you, my friend! I rather feel like I'm a bit of a catch, too... I'm going on a date this Saturday with a guy I think is very attractive... And I'm not used to attracting cute guys, lol! Makes me feel good

I think people that are good and genuinely give out love, respect and kindness even when it doesn't benefit us, do perhaps "deserve" to get that in return maybe a little more than other people that are miserable, mean, and go out of their way to make others feel bad.

While it is a nice idea on paper, I'm afraid the world doesn't work that way. We may think that we do but in the end, those with results are not necessarily the most generous and nice of all people.

I think people that are good and genuinely give out love, respect and kindness even when it doesn't benefit us, do perhaps "deserve" to get that in return maybe a little more than other people that are miserable, mean, and go out of their way to make others feel bad.
While it is a nice idea on paper, I'm afraid the world doesn't work that way. We may think that we do but in the end, those with results are not necessarily the most generous and nice of all people.

No, agreed. But the results I'd gain if I turned into someone that always put themselves first wouldn't mean anything to me. That's just not who I am. So maybe it will take longer; maybe I won't find anyone soon, or even have a lot of choices to pick from. That's okay. The right one will happen along eventually.

Now this is something worth quoting. Even at its worst, ENA can provide an idea that I can identify with, as rare as those tend to be.

JJ, apologies for derailing your own diary.

No, agreed. But the results I'd gain if I turned into someone that always put themselves first wouldn't mean anything to me. That's just not who I am. So maybe it will take longer; maybe I won't find anyone soon, or even have a lot of choices to pick from. That's okay. The right one will happen along eventually.
Now this is something worth quoting. Even at its worst, ENA can provide an idea that I can identify with, as rare as those tend to be.

JJ, apologies for derailing your own diary.

You're fine. I agree with what you said. The concept is nice on paper, but that's not how life works. I know men (former friends) who cheat on their wives with prostitutes all the time who get to go home to their wives and children. I would never entertain doing something like that, and I've been single for almost four years. Granted, I had other sh*t to deal with, wasn't over my ex, etc...but I feel like I'm ready. And yeah...that I do "deserve" it (not "entitled," I think there's a subtle difference between the two) in the sense that I'm a genuinely good human being.

Have to keep repeating the mantras in my head. There are always going to be people that are better off than me in whatever way. But that's ok. Somewhere out there, there is a woman who is going to be crazy about me. And me her.

I'm getting better at being more kind to myself. But need to keep improving this skill "on the fly" when I am confronted with someone who (seems) has it better than me.

Archived