How did you meet your significant other?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summer camp...

12 years ago...I was a camp counslor and randomly asked a girl to borrow a marker (or was it random)?

We didn't talk then...but my address was in the camp yearbook and she wrote me.

through the years we didn't get a solid shot at each other because either i had a girlfriend...or she had a boyfriend.

but...we always thought about each other....

and just a couple months ago...we got together; and it has been amazing

• 3 weeks later...
I find the best place as always been in school. I fear the day when I'll have to meet girls outside of school of my circle of friend.

Funny, I felt the same way before I left school... 12 years ago. And look at me now.

I feel ya Kyo. I'm a firm believer in if you can't meet a girl while in school (esp. college) then you're screwed. Looks like I'll be a lifelong bachelor unfortunately. Oh well.

Oh man! Yall are breakin my heart! No more self hatred starting......NOW!!

All dudes go through the same thing. Not having a girl = sad times. Its cool man! Get a better attitude and life will taste better.

As for significant others, i dont have one anymore but i had a real close relationship with a woman from work. We worked with kids and I loved how well she treated those little punks! We talked one night after work and got along well we started hanging out as friends. It wasnt long before we were kissin

• 2 weeks later...

I met my other half when he waltz into my work demanding to see my boss. He worked for credit card company and was going around advertising to businesses. Of course I turned him away like I was instructed to if any 'sales people' came knocking and then he started on me , long story short, won me with his charm, exchanged numbers, met after work, went to the park, shared first kiss, still together one year coming May 24, four day after my birthday. I tell people he was my belated birthday gift!

i met my husb on link removed. my brother also met his spouse online.

in my case, i think it was luck and persistence. i'm somewhat shy so the internet was a dream for me.

i married for the 1st time at age 42, so good things come to those who wait...and don't give up. at some point i stopped worrying about my age and just prayed & had faith that i'd meet someone someday/somehow if i stayed the course & didn't give up.

i also believed in my loneliness that i was not alone; that there were likely millions of people in the same boat and all i needed to do was meet one. believe me, you are so not alone. someone out there needs you too. how can you reach out to them? don't just think of your singleness as something to fix to cure your loneliness...instead think of the potential partner whose life you will brighten and enrich with your presense.

finally, i also believe that to be lonely means you have a calling for relationship. i was not content to be alone. i took that as a sign that i needed to be working towards a connection to satisfy this very human need of mine (in my case more emotional than physical, tho i think both are important). i did not think i was doomed or destined to be alone despite how miserable i was at times. i believed if i was meant to be alone, there would be peace in that. and for me, there wasn't.

so be true to your calling. acknowledge your loneliness but don't dwell there forever. let it be a catalyst. seek to solve another's loneliness, not just your own, and you will both be the better for it.

i married for the 1st time at age 42, so good things come to those who wait...and don't give up. at some point i stopped worrying about my age and just prayed & had faith that i'd meet someone someday/somehow if i stayed the course & didn't give up.

Man w/all due respect I don't want to be in my 40's when I marry for the first time. I'm 24 soon and if I haven't solved this problem by the time I'm 30 then a mail order bride or something may be in order LOL.

I met my other half when he waltz into my work demanding to see my boss. He worked for credit card company and was going around advertising to businesses. Of course I turned him away like I was instructed to if any 'sales people' came knocking and then he started on me , long story short, won me with his charm, exchanged numbers, met after work, went to the park, shared first kiss, still together one year coming May 24, four day after my birthday. I tell people he was my belated birthday gift!

These stories give me hope. Very nice!

The point is you NEVER know how that person will come into your life! This is why you have to keep your eyes, heart, and mind open! If you go around every day wearing a frown because you feel lonely, women who see YOU will see THAT, and you could miss out on awesome oportunities!

the first thing youn eed to do before worrying about finding some one to love is to love your self! you seem so insecure and down on yourself. and i can you with confidence thatno matter what you look like if you are confident women will pick up on that. putting yourself down and feeling badly about yourself is only hurting your chances of finding that special someone. when you love yourself others will love you too.

give yourself a break. if youare a caring, kind and generous person the right woman will come along and make all of your dreams come true!

I met my current live-in boyfriend through Yahoo! Personals. He sent me a message telling me that I was cute and that he'd like to talk. We exchanged a few emails over about a week or so, then talked on the phone, and the next day after we talked on the phone we met in person. I felt an almost instant connection with him. I felt very comfortable right away. 4 days after we met he found out that he got a job almost 400 miles away. 2 weeks after the night we met he moved away. I was upset. He wanted to continue the relationship, and we did over an 8 month period when we finally decided the distance was too much, so I moved in with him! We've been living together for a little over 9 months, and it's been great!!

Wlf you need to slow down and relax. Jesus, you are 24, not 54. You don't need to worry about marrying yet. Right now you just need to worry about building confidence and dating , (and getting some). Read the post Kill that desperation by Don Juan. Remember, confidence, don't let em ever see you sweat. Also, EVERYBODY gets rejected in the world of flirting and dating, unless you are amazingly lucky.

Try taking dance lessons........................

That is where I met my guy..........

Monday, December 30, 2002 - Dare To Dance

Most men haven't learned that dancing is a sure fire way to women's hearts. It doesn't matter what physical appearance a man has, be he ugly, muscle-bound, bandy-legged or bird-bodied. If he can dance, women will automatically attach endearing qualities to his nature that he never imagined. The man of a woman's dreams dances. Women have never been self-conscious about dancing, they almost always know how. Where were the boys all the time the girls were learning to dance? We may never know, but now is the time to catch up. It takes courage for a man to learn to dance, but once he has learned, he can practically have his pick of women in the room. He no longer has to stand fearfully with his pals along the wall or bar. No more standing in one spot and swaying in poor imitation of dance. This, then, is the time for a dancing man to get close to women he formerly felt were out of his league, the beauties he always wanted to approach. Never again will a woman be out of his reach. A man who dances is always in demand. At parties, on cruises, at business functions. A man who dances can gain credibility with this skill alone. If you can do more than just imagine all of the above, be one of the brave, the few - join in the dance. (As appeared in Recreation News of Washington, D.C., April 1988)

You will find that ladies are much more willing to learn than guys usually are. The studio I go to offers group lessons at a great rate and has a dance every Friday night. After lessons and dances we even then go out as a group to dance more. We have picked up a number of new students for the studio this way, and more than one romance has blossomed...........

I met my soon-to-be husband here....on enotalone! I was giving him advice about his previous relationship. It went on from there!!!!

Does he still post on here? If he does I hope it isn't about problems with his current relationship!!

Does he still post on here? If he does I hope it isn't about problems with his current relationship!!

Yes he still posts on here, and no, he doesnt post problems about his relationship. If he has problems, he talks to his fiance about them.

I can definitely relate to those of you who seem to think finding someone is impossible. I talk from the perspective of a 22 y.o. female who has never been asked out even once by someone serious. I would consider myself fairly attractive, I'm smart and I'm kinda.. but I just never get any interest... I am also averse to meeting someone in a bar/club..the few times I've tried it out - gone to a bar, I've found most of the guys there are sleazy and not the type I'd want anyway...where do the good guys go? I have also tried internet dating to no avail, again the only responses I get are from either old people (like way too old for me) ior just generally unsuitable people... I don't have that manty requirements so i don't think it's me being picky, its just difficult in this day and age to meet some like minded.. oh well will keep trying...like u guys say we are only young, plenty of time!

QMxxx

When I was 15 a local bar started to do all-age punk shows during the day on Sundays because they couldn't serve alcohol. I did have a boyfriend at the time so was definitely not looking for a boyfriend but I'm always open up to new friendships in general. It was me and my bestfriend and we met a guy and his bestfriend.

I knew he was interested in me and to tell the truth I thought he was cute and really fun to hangout with (let me ride on his shoulders in the pit that day, lol) but I was happy with my boyfriend. Long story short we became friends and for the next ten years were never single at the same time. When we finally were he confessed to having had a crush on me for the last 10 years and likewise for me. That was about 2 months ago and so far things have been going wonderfully, something to be said for dating a guy you've been friends with for so long. None of that awkward getting to know you stage, lol.

In general I've met all my SO's while doing something I enjoyed. My first serious boyfriend I met at a local roller hockey game, he was the goalie. Current SO was the punk show, other former-SO I met at a party and we started talking because he had patches on his bag of bands that I liked, etc...

I really think the best thing to do is just get out a lot, go places that interest you and strike up a conversation with someone else doing the same thing. At the very least it gives you common ground to start from.