Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

Some guy at the gym asked me out via requesting a ride to Walmart to replace his holey jeans, so we could do something 'together'.

I thought i misunderstood and requested clarification. "You want to know if I am interested in taking you to Walmart?" Yes..Yes, indeed.

And this is why I am single.

Some guy at the gym asked me out via requesting a ride to Walmart to replace his holey jeans, so we could do something 'together'.

I thought i misunderstood and requested clarification. "You want to know if I am interested in taking you to Walmart?" Yes..Yes, indeed.

And this is why I am single.

That is what passes for being asked for a date ? Um wow. Or that that would even be a date ?

In his head I am 100% certain it is. Based on my interactions with him he is incredibly socially awkward. But really, I've dealt with plenty of socially awkward people and this one takes the cake on his Walmart date that I'm supposed to DRIVE HIM to. I said don't you have family to take you? "I thought you might be interested."

Omg, lol.

In his head I am 100% certain it is. Based on my interactions with him he is incredibly socially awkward. But really, I've dealt with plenty of socially awkward people and this one takes the cake on his Walmart date that I'm supposed to DRIVE HIM to. I said don't you have family to take you? "I thought you might be interested."

Omg, lol.

Uh waaaaaA lol

Manchild roommate finally cleaning his room and brings out a stack of gross dishes that's been in his room for god knows how long and silverware I thought was missing a year ago is turning up. Says he's gonna wash them yesterday, checked and he washed like one plate and one container. Really? There's only like 5 plates, 1 bowl and a container left, it's not freaking rocket science. Why the hell didn't he wash them all? It's so annoying, like I want to wash them it will only take a few mins..but nah dude he needs to learn to clean up completely after himself. Grow the f up dude ughhhhhh so annoying hahaha k /endrant

Whats really annoying me now, it wasnt earlier, is people in work, the boss to be specific, walked right by me today but "didnt see me" is that hard for people to say hello, especially when they are getting credited for the work I am doing for them. Really feel under appreciated in that job.

How clueless and irresponsible people are with their basic safety, and worse with others safety - especially their kids. And then I have to take a deep breath and tell myself I was that clueless once and the only reason I didn't end up a statistic was...sheer dumb luck, really. At the end of the day in my early life it as just sheer stupid luck that kept me alive and nothing else.

And now I see it in my son, the "okay, yeah. Sure Mom, love ya, gotta go" attitude when I'm trying to give him advice. And I know he may end up in very bad situations and all I can really hope for is that his survival instincts kick in faster than his "let's give up and die" instincts do IF it ever comes to that. And maybe a bit of that sheer dumb luck for good measure.

And beyond that there's nothing really I can do. And I hate having to trust that the universe might be a bit kinder to him and to me than it has to so many.

People who stand on their porch on Halloween evening who tell you 'sorry, nothing' when you get up to the porch. Go in your yard? I mean, you're opening yourself up to a bunch of little kids seeking a sugar rush. I can appreciate the people who leave signs that they're not giving anything out.

And my eyes. I made a totally ugly walking dead. But as cool as my water lines looked rimmed the red lipstick, I am paying the price now.. *claws eyes out*

Part of my job description and title is `facilitator'. Therefore, I am supposed to facilitate. - Supposed to.

But everybody seems to know better even though I have been getting paid for it for 14 years.

If you think you can do it better (and you possibly can) then have at it!

I'll gladly step aside and watch you do it.

But when it doesn't go well or comes off the rails, don't come crying to me.

-The kid at the gym last night wearing silver mirror aviator sunglasses, flexing in the mirror, and wearing a homemade cutoff shirt to distract from the fact that he doesn't lift legs. He also had a blowout haircut, because of course he did.

-People who don't answer emails. I hate that ----.

The number of people who think a relationship consists of being parent and child out there is just astounding. I wish someone had told me when I was young, "If you have to act like his mother in any way dump him." Same goes for the guys too. If she expects you to work all day while she sits at home playing, again now you're just being dad. Stop it and go get a partner who is equal.

I've come to realize this is a major, major relationship sin. And a really annoying one too.

I gained half a pound. Shucks. I'm working my ass off in the gym. What is this 'trust in the process' people speak of in terms of weight training and how long am I supposed to trust it??

How often do you weigh yourself? Is it at the same time, every time. A half pound can be a full bladder, food in the stomach. You can go up and down a couple of pounds in a day. Look for trends over a long time. And even if you plateau once in a while, don't get discouraged. You're getting stronger, you're heart is getting better, and your chances for diabetes, heart disease and cancer is going down with every workout. Keep it up.

And don't fall into the cardio vs weights debate. It's like debating what's more important for the area of a triangle, the length of its sides, or the degrees of the triangle's angles. Both are needed, and debating them is one of the dumbest debates in human history.

Sorry, not annoyed today, will try harder tomorrow.

How often do you weigh yourself? Is it at the same time, every time. A half pound can be a full bladder, food in the stomach. You can go up and down a couple of pounds in a day. Look for trends over a long time. And even if you plateau once in a while, don't get discouraged. You're getting stronger, you're heart is getting better, and your chances for diabetes, heart disease and cancer is going down with every workout. Keep it up.

And don't fall into the cardio vs weights debate. It's like debating what's more important for the area of a triangle, the length of its sides, or the degrees of the triangle's angles. Both are needed, and debating them is one of the dumbest debates in human history.

Sorry, not annoyed today, will try harder tomorrow.

Once a week in the early morning, before food/drink.

I did wind up losing 2 pounds this week. I have lost 62 total and am within 5~ pounds of my goal weight, to give room for all that muscle I intend on building. *snort*

It's primarily for insurance purposes that I get worried. My weight loss program is covered by them, and they go by body weight measurement, not body fat. If I don't lose X amount of weight in an allotted time(well, I already have...but that's why the gain worried me) along with other prerequisites, they won't cover my nutritionist visits after the program is done with. Which is about another month.