Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's annoying you today? Part 2

WithLove

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot get rid of this cold/flu thing that I've had all frigging winter and now it's nearly summer and just finished round 5 or 6 leaving me weak and sickly feeling. And this crap keeps giving me pink eye too. I think I've over it, my eyes start to clear up, I feel good and then "Bam" right back to sneezing, coughing, eye goop again.

And I've decontaminated this place until my hands are raw. Seriously WT H? And it isn't just me, I went to get a prescription from the doctor for my mom and the place was packed with coughing, sneezing people. The receptionist told me she cracked a rib from coughing so much.

I'm about to just start eating habenero peppers on everything, maybe a scorched earth policy or body in this case is the way to go?

You could try vitamin D.

Many people take vitC when it's actually vit D that helps with the immune system.

Last year i got cold after cold and now since I'm taking vitD no more colds!

Many people have a vit D deficiency without knowing it.

So you can try that, doesn't help short term though

People who don't provide even basic care for their pets. They don't just annoy me, they enrage me.

Reported an emaciated dog tonight that belongs to the house across the street. Made my stomach turn, entire rib cage visible and losing hair. Sick. Sickos. Sick freaking sick.

I fed him a small amount of food. I wanted so badly to give him more, he was so hungry but I figure dogs aren't much different than people when it comes to starvation mode. I'm going back out there at midnight to leave another little dish.

we're not a goddam nursing home. up granny Capone's pills or call the nursing home. breaking stuff, keeping all the others up through the night and taking up all of our time. there's pts who actually need this place and are symptomatic of more than just geriatric decline waiting in effing line but we're not taking them because the staff and director are afraid they're not skilled to deal with them, which makes the elderly easier for us, though not who we're actually meant to be working with. not skilled to deal with them??? then get yer bloody skills or effing quit!

shrink says he is upping capone's pills again. she started hallucinating baby snakes drinking milk and witches haunting her. no wonder she can't sleep. and her popping an extra pill magically decreases my rage.

paragraphs, yes. one forgets those are a thing. newbies are overwhelmed i think and hence not very organized. it's close to impossible to read through the miserable wall of text though.

Little dog still at the house. He looks a little fattened up, I was glad to see it. I know animal control made a stop because they called me for further info. The dog just should have been taken. He's probably surviving on the bleeding hearts of the neighborhood as opposed to his wretched owners. Keeping my eye on that pup.

I'm sick of these germs. And I wish I WOULD just get the cold full-blown instead of this gross feeling of my body fighting it off and dragging me down for a few days, then I don't know...Am I gonna get the cold or am I not? And I mostly don't, but... Damn you immune system for doing your job.

I'm sick of these germs. And I wish I WOULD just get the cold full-blown instead of this gross feeling of my body fighting it off and dragging me down for a few days, then I don't know...Am I gonna get the cold or am I not? And I mostly don't, but... Damn you immune system for doing your job.

OMG I am with you. I have been sick since February. I had a sinus infections February March and April. Now I have some godforsaken upper respiratory infection which is just about killing me. I am literally drowning in mucus. I told my mother to harpoon me , she refused.

OMG I am with you. I have been sick since February. I had a sinus infections February March and April. Now I have some godforsaken upper respiratory infection which is just about killing me. I am literally drowning in mucus. I told my mother to harpoon me , she refused.

I was talking to M's bus driver and aide today and I was like...is this even normal...And the driver said she was basically sick 85% of the time for the first year when she started. And the aide said she's been sick mostly 60 days straight. I hadn't seen her in some time, now I know why. His teacher also told me she had a cold from September to May her first year, it pretty much never had the chance to go away before she would catch some other strain. Now her immune system is buff. I swear she is never sick.

Let this be my story in the next couple years, because I am over kid germs attacking my house.

I was talking to M's bus driver and aide today and I was like...is this even normal...And the driver said she was basically sick 85% of the time for the first year when she started. And the aide said she's been sick mostly 60 days straight. I hadn't seen her in some time, now I know why. His teacher also told me she had a cold from September to May her first year, it pretty much never had the chance to go away before she would catch some other strain. Now her immune system is buff. I swear she is never sick.

Let this be my story in the next couple years, because I am over kid germs attacking my house.

Yes, in a few years you will both be good . My trouble is they added 7 infants to our group right around the time I started getting sick. And babies as we know always have something in their mouth and they always get sick. At any one time we have at least 3 kids dribbling and doused in green snot. I know it's not totally horrible in infants and young toddlers. They don't consider that an infection until several weeks. However in adults this is not a happy colour.

The media has no fracking respect for anything, but their own bottom line.

Disgusted, fed up. Fing vultures pecking at the bones of those who were defenseless. I mean, I know there's not a lot of news in the area, but have some respect for the dead. Let them lie in peace, toss his butt into the deepest darkest prison you all can find, and leave that family alone.

Let them all find peace, stop feeding off their pain and grief.

Disgusted at the jackals today. So glad I did not become a journalist, so so so very glad about that. I could never be that predatory.

Staff that choose not to attend trainings as well as don't log on for online certification but email me every year to tell me they missed the opportunity, so `what do I do?'

I pull 17 people into a meeting for the benefit of 4 and the most vocal, annoying one doesn't attend but shows up in my office after the fact with 2 1/2 pages of questions.

I don't think she liked my answers very much

-eye poke-

Staff that choose not to attend trainings as well as don't log on for online certification but email me every year to tell me they missed the opportunity, so `what do I do?'

I pull 17 people into a meeting for the benefit of 4 and the most vocal, annoying one doesn't attend but shows up in my office after the fact with 2 1/2 pages of questions.

I don't think she liked my answers very much

-eye poke-

Oh yeah, I have felt your pain. Or when you give someone the same set of instructions over and over and OVER, making them simpler each and every time.

Only to be told, "Oh, I don't read emails. I figure if it's important you'll call me about it." Uh, no child. You work for the same people I do, self-starter remember? Ain't nobody gonna call your lazy butt.

This is why I have a coffee mug that says, "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

People who think they're superior because they use NetFlix or other streaming video service instead of cable TV. Fundamentally, you're still sitting around watching something. So I don't happen to like miniseries and movies; I like history documentaries, science documentaries, informational shows about my city and cultural events, baseball, Bill Maher, and sitcom reruns. It's not like you're being productive while I'm being lazy. You're just as lazy as me, but with a different medium. Stop bragging.