Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going to be MIA for a little while.  Massive flooding all over the State, cars disappearing under water, roads washed away, houses floating down rivers, all roads to town closed off due to most of town flooded, my sister has been cut off for three days without power.  We're now cut off too, with power going on and off.  Behind us, two trees at the back of the house have come down and creeks have become lakes.  Torrential rain for over a week and still expected to continue for another week with extreme strong winds.  The ocean is beyond terrifying right now. Very scary stuff. Never seen anything like this.  Geez, if we're not surrounded by fire, we're surrounded by water.   ~fingers crossed we don't lose power for the next week~   bye.

1 minute ago, Capricorn3 said:

Going to be MIA for a little while.  Massive flooding all over the State, cars disappearing under water, roads washed away, houses floating down rivers, all roads to town closed off due to most of town flooded, my sister has been cut off for three days without power.  We're now cut off too, with power going on and off.  Behind us, two trees at the back of the house have come down and creeks have become lakes.  Torrential rain for over a week and still expected to continue for another week with extreme strong winds.  The ocean is beyond terrifying right now. Very scary stuff. Never seen anything like this.  Geez, if we're not surrounded by fire, we're surrounded by water.   ~fingers crossed we don't lose power for the next week~   bye.

Oh wow, Sorry this is happening. Stay safe!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

Yikes!! Stay safe!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

Be safe love ! 

• Thanks 1
On 3/20/2021 at 2:49 AM, Capricorn3 said:

Stay safe, Capricorn!

I heard about the flooding in NSW. Yikes!

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, LaHermes said:

Yes, Dias. I agree.

Think of "Killer Joe". 

And that voice.

Yes I've seen it, I've seen almost all his movies. Hard core movie. 

I think good actors who instigate "feelings" to the audience must be interesting people in real life too. Which explains why there are only few good actors. Usually good actors don't sell though....

On 4/26/2021 at 3:59 PM, LaHermes said:

I think Mr. McConnaughey will do all right.  Very talented man. And interesting.

Glad to see Anthony Hopkins won an Oscar despite the "Oscars" being (sadly) a Wokey platform. I am so fed up with this wokey stuff. 

I hope so.... It's always scary when an actor tries to play politics imo. 

We used to have Oscar parties years ago, really fun and kind of glamorous, but it got so boring with the constant political dialogue, we stopped.

Glad Anthony Hopkins won something, love him.

• Like 2