Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

The Random Thought Thread, Part 6

TechResQ

Why complicate life more with a relationship?

That is exactly the question I continuously ask myself. I am single now for almost four and a half years, and I think I have a good life. I manage my own life, I take my own decisions, I am financially independent etc. etc.. Overall I am content with my life the way it is now. But sometimes, it would be nice to have someone. It is not always fun to be alone, I am not going to lie about that. And I also know that you will always need to make compromises in a relationship and that is fine as well. But overall, I would want my life to be better when I am in a relationship, because otherwise I simply remain single, I am not desperate. And if I read the issues on ENA, which people have with their partners, I sometimes think it is the best to stay single……

I was single for about 8 years in my 40s and perfectly happy with my life...when "he" showed up. It had been a long time since I had lived with someone or had to consider any other interest but my own. Speed bumps...sure. But the journey is more fun with a partner. Worth remembering how to compromise.