When rejecting guys gets you the reputation of a b!!tch

greta96

So obviously I was asking for it when I was wearing baggy sweatpants and my brother's oversized sweatshirt when I got groped? Or the night I got nearly abducted when I was wearing a loose turtleneck and a circle skirt that went to my knees? I see, well clearly I have misunderstood that those things are so provocative that they will drive men to commit criminal acts when overcome with the desire such slooty clothing sets off.

Wow, just wow, are we really still into the whole "It was what she was wearing" or even the obligatory "She was asking for it" line. Oh wait, never mind. I just read about a criminal case in Florida so horrific it's been giving me nightmares for weeks now. And at the end of the criminal trial a well-known public figure in that community, a woman nonetheless, had the nerve to say, "She wasn't so innocent either" in response to the woman and her young son's attackers being jailed for life after they tortured and did things that actually made me cry and vomit when I read them. Trust me I'd rather not have known the information, but it was for a client.

Sometimes I just want to curl up into a fetal position and never face the world again. That's it, I'm out. Again, time for the mods to shut this down.

Greta, go take some good old martial arts/street defense classes. They will show you how to be calm and able to handle aggressive people and yes, fight for your life if you ever need it. Nothing takes the fire out of someone who goes to hit you like deflecting the blow then hitting them in a nerve point to drop them to the ground. That's my suggestion for what you can do that can at least help you if you ever have to fight back against someone seriously criminal or intent on hurting you and your friends. And get an instructor who teaches you how to defuse situations before they get started. Mine used to say except in life or death if you have to throw a punch then I've failed you. I miss my old senseI.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

link removed

Can you please link to the 70% study you are referencing? Thank you.

Sorry linking from my phone sucks. But theres my source.

I don't have a victim complex my friend. I'm much more of a survivor than you'll ever dream of.

And my husband is much more of a man than any ahole will ever be.

Lol if you say so.

Someone's salty.

If you say so i guess i am salty to you. I like to think of myself as more peppery though.

"Seventy percent of American males between the ages of 20 and 34 are not married, and many live in a state of “perpetual adolescence” with ominous consequences for the nation’s future, says Janice Shaw Crouse, author of “Marriage Matters.”

“Far too many young men have failed to make a normal progression into adult roles of responsibility and self-sufficiency, roles generally associated with marriage and fatherhood,” Crouse, the former executive director of the Beverly LaHaye Institute, wrote in a recent Washington Times oped."

This is a direct quote from the linked article. It doesn't say that men are refusing to date or marry because they believe women are harpies expecting them to carry diaper bags.

"Seventy percent of American males between the ages of 20 and 34 are not married, and many live in a state of “perpetual adolescence” with ominous consequences for the nation’s future, says Janice Shaw Crouse, author of “Marriage Matters.”

“Far too many young men have failed to make a ncossion into adult roles of responsibility and self-sufficiency, roles generally associated with marriage and fatherhood,” Crouse, the former executive director of the Beverly LaHaye Institute, wrote in a recent Washington Times oped."

This is a direct quote from the linked article. It doesn't say that men are refusing to date or marry because they believe women are harpies expecting them to carry diaper bags.

As i said before, i doubt all of that 70% are men who've checked out, but even if 20% of them are of men who've checked out your still talking about millions of men. The article i linked was kind of misandric as it contains plenty of shaming language towards men. If you really care about what and why men are doing this then i encourage you to spend some time in the manosphere. Heck go back to that article and read some of the comment left by men. Read it with a grain of salt as you will come accross plenty that will sound misogynistic to you. But the reasons on why they are doing this is there. I also encourage you to read "Men on Strike" by Dr Helen Smith. She clearly illustrates why marriage is so bad for men.

My persoanl reason is i will never subject myself fo divorce rape. I will not give another person that power over my life. Also since i live my life as a tradcon, i would expect the same from any potential partner. Especially if said partner is one i will be raising a child with. Very few of you women have conservative values anymore.

The only men checking out of the dating scene are the ones who suck at it.

...is that supposed to be an insult? Is there something wrong with not being good at dating? Women face the "b-word if they say no"/"s-word if they say yes" double-standard, and men face the "we're losers if we want sex, and we're losers if we can't get sex" double-standard.

Incidentally, I'm sure I'd "suck" at those rigged games at the carnival, too.

I think some people should come out from behind computer screens and actually go say that to maybe their sister's or their mother's or their girlfriends face and see how far that goes. It's easy to be "tough "behind a computer screen.

It's also easy to be tough when you've got someone that's willing to do your fighting for you.

Blue Spiral's theory of the day:

Social order is predicated on men being able to get sex from women, in the sense that sex is the reason/reward for men to be good citizens and the like. However, there's a growing "sexual underclass" of men that are either giving up on dating/relationships or never really tried in the first place. Some simply don't have much to offer women, some are pretty screwed up, and some are just tired of dealing with the whole thing. I suspect that the harder it is for men to get sex, the scarier society is going to become for women. Please note that I'm not saying that women owe men sex, or are obligated in some social way. But, if you ask men to treat women well and make exceptions that we wouldn't make for fellow men, a growing number is going to ask "What's in it for me?"

Get out if here with that logic and stuff. This thread is all about how you make me feel. Logic and men have no place in this conversation. Only women should have voices about society. Sounds like a response a feminist like vicotria will say no?

I'm all for logic trumping emotion. That said, my beefs are primarily cultural, aside from the dangers that have to do with divorce and child-support. I'm basically an equalist. In that sense, I think that men should be feminists and women should be masculinists: we should look out for the well-being of not just our own gender, but the other one, too. Now, I am admittedly grumpy in how I go about expressing my concern for the female gender...

WOW. It must be hard to be 2% of the planet that can't walk around without being hit on. I guess some chicks are ridiculously too good-looking.

I'm truly sorry that you don't get much attention from the opposite sex (which is painfully obvious from your posts), but there is no need to be this bitter over it. Actually, I hope you start getting the same kind of attention I am getting, the kind of attention women in general are getting (as clearly stated by women in this thread), and we'll see how happy that kind of attention will make ya. There's good attention, and there's bad attention. And it has NOTHING to do with looks.

But Helpexpressme, being bitter won't help you too much in the relationship department. It would benefit you much more if you took your time to read this thread a few times and tried to open your mind a bit...if you really understood us women better, what makes us tick, what turns us off, you would be much more successful with women

You realize you're the white knight i speak of right? Its not a good thing as real men (ones that show their masculinity) will see you as a sell out.

OMG J.man is one of the nicest guys in here, level headed and always with some good advice! He is what us women want! That's masculinity! It's sad that you cannot see that...

I'm all for logic trumping emotion. That said, my beefs are primarily cultural, aside from the dangers that have to do with divorce and child-support. I'm basically an equalist. In that sense, I think that men should be feminists and women should be masculinists: we should look out for the well-being of not just our own gender, but the other one, too. Now, I am admittedly grumpy in how I go about expressing my concern for the female gender...

Guess even amongst men who've checked out you can't come to a consensus. I'm a tradcon. I believe men are men and women are women. We both deserve equal rights, but we are not equals. I think society needs to go back and compliment the natural order not replace it with something that doesn't fit.

I'm truly sorry that you don't get much attention from the opposite sex (which is painfully obvious from your posts), but there is no need to be this bitter over it.

If men shouldn't be bitter about not getting enough attention, women shouldn't be bitter about getting too much attention. I realize that there's possible physical danger in your problem, but there's possible psychological danger in ours, and I think that it's just as bad, merely in a different way. If you insist that your problem is worse than our problem in any given scenario, you probably shouldn't be surprised if you don't get much sympathy in return.

If bitterness isn't the solution, you probably shouldn't have started this thread...

If men shouldn't be bitter about not getting enough attention, women shouldn't be bitter about getting too much attention. I realize that there's possible physical danger in your problem, but there's possible psychological danger in ours, and I think that it's just as bad, merely in a different way. If you insist that your problem is worse than our problem in any given scenario, you probably shouldn't be surprised if you don't get much sympathy in return.

If bitterness isn't the solution, you probably shouldn't have started this thread...

I don't recall comparing the nature of men's problems with the nature of women's problems, I have never been a man so I have only limited knowledge of the type of problems you encounter. I can only speak of my own issues, from a woman's point of view, because...you know...I'm a woman.

I wasn't really asking for sympathy (but thanks to those who gave it anyway and who shared their own similar issues, and thanks to the men who actually contributed to my thread). It was just a vent, I had no idea it was going to turn into a war, lol.

Peace.

Well, here is my advice.

SOMETHING is attracting these dogs towards her. It can be the way she dresses, the way she carries herself, way she talks, her atmoshphere.....movement....or 10 other things.

You might know or she might know.

But in general, we tend to attract people that are similar to us. I know this might sound harsh, but it's the reality.

My guess would be clothes......

wow. . I'll guess amongst the men here, you'll suddenly find yourself standing alone on this one.

OMG J.man is one of the nicest guys in here, level headed and always with some good advice! He is what us women want! That's masculinity! It's sad that you cannot see that...

Lol no jman is what we call a white knight or another name which us more accurate is simp. You think you want these types of men but these are the ones that get chewed up and spat out by you women during divorce. You grow bored of his agreeableness and start to despise how he dotes over you. These are the lies feminist have spread to you. Feminist told you these are the men you want and in turn they told us this is who we need to be. Since the advent of the internet men are slowly waking up from this 40 year nightmare and realizing this is not who we were meant to be. And women always knew these types are boring and only worthy of being friend zoned. Hence why you friend zone all of these dudes, and reject them during dates. I was in his shoes in my early years and had ZERO success with women. Its only when i started to claim my manhood back and realized i have a voice that matters too is when women started to flock to me. Didn't hurt that i made a lot more money during this time too.

Btw are you done playing the victim? This entire thread was started when you played the victim card when some men thought you were attractive.

Archived