Suffered an early miscarriage. Feeling lost.

SapphireNoir10

I do understand what you mean

But when your trying for a baby and your period doesn't come or your not sure when it will come due to iffy cycles I personally think it's good to know early so I can stop all the the things I shouldn't be doing when pregnant.

Plus with my miscarriage I knew something was off as I was two days late and then had the worst cramps and bleeding of my life. Even if I hadn't known I was pregnant I would have known something was amiss and it's a good job I did due to infection etc.

I wish I hadn't known about it though. I agree with that.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do understand what you mean

But when your trying for a baby and your period doesn't come or your not sure when it will come due to iffy cycles I personally think it's good to know early so I can stop all the the things I shouldn't be doing when pregnant.

Plus with my miscarriage I knew something was off as I was two days late and then had the worst cramps and bleeding of my life. Even if I hadn't known I was pregnant I would have known something was amiss and it's a good job I did due to infection etc.

I wish I hadn't known about it though. I agree with that.

I think all will go well this time. I really do. So many women go on to have healthy babies after. My ex SIL had 3 healthy girls in a row after a miscarriage.

I agree though you should know because miscarriages can be dangerous. If you don't expel everything you can get a serious infection and die. Or if you are pregnant and not know people could be drinking and doing whatever, so while painful and heart wrenching it is better to know.

But I think all will go well this time honey. Hugs.

Congrats Asti!! Glad to know your pregnancy is going well.

I had more than enough negative thoughts. I was the same thinking "what makes me so special that I can have a successful pregnancy..." And just assumed I would miscarry again. My friend had 3 in a row and is finally having a successful pregnancy so I just thought I'd be in the same boat as her... With no real reason!

Even when I ended up In emerge at the hospital for terrible cramping (I had a cyst erupt) and the heart rate was good and told my chance of miscarriage was 5% I just assumed I'd be in those 5%. I never really acknowledged this pregnancy till I had my 12 week appt to hear the heartbeat (and the dr couldn't find it and sent me for an emergency ultrasound!!) I assumed that I'd be one of those unlucky few to have a silent miscarriage and need a D/C. My poor husband was begging me to be positive for once and I just couldn't be! I just couldn't help but be "realistic" and just felt that bad things can happen more than once!

Well guys

In 45 hours my hcg went from

14DPO : 135

16DPO: 470!

So that seems good to me

Got my first scan at 6 weeks 3 days on the 4th January and then another one at 8 weeks.

Thank you for the kind words and stories guys. It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling so negative about this. I just don't want to get my hopes up.

*hugs* to you Victoria. Life has tested you so much but you are one of the nicest people I've met on here and a lovely person all round.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had my Scan today and baby was measuring 3 days behind what I think my dates are but the ultrasound tech said it all looked great and the size of the sac matched up with the size of the baby well.

She also said there is a 7 day +/- error margin with early ultrasound due to the tiny measurements

There was also a strong little heartbeat of 121bpm and I'm about 6 weeks

Well I had my Scan today and baby was measuring 3 days behind what I think my dates are but the ultrasound tech said it all looked great and the size of the sac matched up with the size of the baby well.

She also said there is a 7 day +/- error margin with early ultrasound due to the tiny measurements

There was also a strong little heartbeat of 121bpm and I'm about 6 weeks

I'm so happy to hear it!!!

YAY!

Had another scan today. I got it wrong lol.

Last week baby was measuring 5 weeks 6 days when it should have been 6 weeks 3 days with a heartbeat of 121bpm

I went back today and baby had grown by 9 days in a week and was measuring 7weeks1day so only 2 days behind instead of 4 and heartrate was 145bpm and the tech said everything looked fab and at this point theres only a 5% chance of miscarriage

Had another scan today. I got it wrong lol.

Last week baby was measuring 5 weeks 6 days when it should have been 6 weeks 3 days with a heartbeat of 121bpm

I went back today and baby had grown by 9 days in a week and was measuring 7weeks1day so only 2 days behind instead of 4 and heartrate was 145bpm and the tech said everything looked fab and at this point theres only a 5% chance of miscarriage

Awww I am so happy for you !!!!

Thank you. It's starting to feel a bit more real.

I've got a scan at 9 weeks then 12 weeks to keep checking everything is progressing and I will of course keep you guys updated.

I'm also thinking about keeping this babys gender a surprise. Last time I found out at 16 weeks (early as possible) that we were having a boy. This time I'm thinking I'd like a surprise but I don't know if I'm patient enough.

Did you wait Victoria?

My son would never give us the money shot. I think I had six or seven scans with my first son and he would never show us what he was. He would either turn his back or cross his legs. Lol. And to this day he is extremely modest. Lol. We called him mystery baby. I had to do everything in green and yellow because I didn't know what he was until he was born.

Awh that is adorable and hilarious! He obviously wanted to surprise you.

I think I will wait. I have tonnes of boy clothes packed away from my son if it is a boy. A lot of people I know took a blue babygrow and a pink one to the hospital when they didnt' find out.

I think I will try and wait but I'm a fairly impatient person so I might give in.

I have the opposite problem my husband is desperate to find out!

I'd love one of each but I really don't mind what I have as long as it's healthy although he has his heart set on another boy.

Thank you guys. You've been such a valuable support system through everything. Don't know what I would have done without ENA

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ok. A little more relaxed and trying to just trust my body to get on with it.

I've been quite poorly the last couple of weeks as I seem to get every bug going. I have no immune system once I'm pregnant. Also got bad morning/allday sickness this time which I didn't have with my son.

But I'm seeing it that symptoms are all good signs and trying not complain and just feel blessed really.

I would love a little girl. Obviously I want the baby to be healthy but I can't help but think one of each would be lovely.

Thanks for asking

Archived